• Receivers

Votes: 47 20.8%
  • Offensive Line

Votes: 16 7.1%
  • All of the above

Votes: 112 49.6%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
We have the culture at the university to be independent. We built powerhouse bball from the ground up. I don't understand why football doesn't work.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
We have the culture at the university to be independent. We built powerhouse bball from the ground up. I don't understand why football doesn't work.
It did back in the mid 2000’s

Reaction Score
In no particular order

*Charlton
*The WR transfers Mora brought in
*No RB who can run between the tackles besides DJ Shoemate Jr (Jalen Mitchell)
*Fagnano/Roberson
*272lb FBS center
*Mora because he's responsible for all of it

Reaction Score
In no particular order

*Charlton
*The WR transfers Mora brought in
*No RB who can run between the tackles besides DJ Shoemate Jr (Jalen Mitchell)
*Fagnano/Roberson
*272lb FBS center
*Mora because he's responsible for all of it
I suspect Mora delegated too much responsibility to Charlton as Charlton has failed at play design, play calling, identification of QB talent, and WR recruitment.

Reaction Score
Think pretty much all are to blame but the WR corp is just about the worst I think ever seen at UConn. We've been subjected to terrible QBs through the years, but the WR are just so bad.
Yeah it's awful. The offense as a whole (besides maybe the RBs) don't seem to care a whole lot or seem to be trying very hard. The WRs just don't get open most of the time and when they do it's a 2nd or 3rd read and Roberson can't find them

Reaction Score
In the 1st half I counted 3 passes that were more than 2 yards downfield, everything else was in the backfield or at the line of scrimmage. Teams are scouting us and seeing we don’t throw downfield, so they’re stacking box making it more difficult to run and those WR screen passes are stuffed at the line.

Full disclosure I left w 6 minutes left in the 3rd qtr because I just couldn’t take anymore, but I think we only threw downfield once in the first 9 minutes of the 3rd.

I don’t understand why we aren’t throwing downfield more? And they seem to have forgotten that Cam Ross is healthy; dude rarely gets targeted. we’ve got to keep their D honest or they’ll keep stacking the box.

But I’ll be there next week, making bacon and eggs in the lot and hopefully watching a more competitive game.

Go Huskies!

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Play calling is Edsall-esque. Way too conservative and way too afraid.
With a distinction that Edsall in his first era had teams that fought and won Despite conservative play.

Reaction Score
Wait til Tennessee lol
I wouldn’t be too sure. Tennessee has dropped a lot in the rankings. They’ve played three home games and beat three low level teams and one road game at Florida that they lost. I’m not saying we’re gonna beat them, but I don’t know if we’re gonna see a score like the Michigan game last year either.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
I wouldn’t be too sure. Tennessee has dropped a lot in the rankings. They’ve played three home games and beat three low level teams and one road game at Florida that they lost. I’m not saying we’re gonna beat them, but I don’t know if we’re gonna see a score like the Michigan game last year either.
We avg 2.5 points a half

Reaction Score
We avg 2.5 points a half
I’m not saying we’ll beat Tenn, I’m just saying that they’re not as good as they’ve been in years past. Hopefully over the next few games we get some stuff figured out. I’m not giving up on this team.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Maybe Fagnano really did win the starting job and we miss him.

Fagnano stunk and so does Roberson.

Roberson looks decent once the game is decided and defense slacks off. In baseball terms he is a AAAA level minor leaguer. Looks good at AAA but never can play at MLB.

His fefusal to dive hard at the fumble in the first half directly led to a Duke TD. I would have benched him right there. Announcers correctly called him out for mailing it in.

More critical, his refusal to pull the ball and call his own number on the zone reads is further evidence he isn't all in for the team.

Meanwhile the only QB to win six games in a season at any time over the past decade is a year older and healthy and hasn't played a snap all year.

Reaction Score
Fagnano stunk and so does Roberson.

Roberson looks decent once the game is decided and defense slacks off. In baseball terms he is a AAAA level minor leaguer. Looks good at AAA but never can play at MLB.

His fefusal to dive hard at the fumble in the first half directly led to a Duke TD. I would have benched him right there. Announcers correctly called him out for mailing it in.

More critical, his refusal to pull the ball and call his own number on the zone reads is further evidence he isn't all in for the team.

Meanwhile the only QB to win six games in a season at any time over the past decade is a year older and healthy and hasn't played a snap all year.

Maybe they can bring back your hero, Whitmer.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Think pretty much all are to blame but the WR corp is just about the worst I think ever seen at UConn. We've been subjected to terrible QBs through the years, but the WR are just so bad.

WR are a mess and Kashif isn't above criticism for their collective performance.
If Joly plays another down or Buckman goes out to field another punt, it destroys locker rooms or culture about accountability or next man up.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Maybe they can bring back your hero, Whitmer.

You're a tool with the worst record on QB selection but Whitmer (who barely scrapes acceptable) was light year's ahead of Fagnano or Roberson.

Reaction Score
If they were taking shots and things didn't work out, at least you can see they're trying. Quick screen left, outside zone right, quick screen right. Today just felt like the big brother straight arm palming your forehead while you're trying to swing at him and can't reach.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom