Why is CV not starting? | The Boneyard

Why is CV not starting?

Reaction Score
He should be starting. We need to get off to a good start with the young guys on the team. That will build their confidence.

I am really concerned. In the Colgate pregame interview with KO they asked if he learned anything from last year, and if he was going to prepare them any different.

His response just referred to how time has allowed him to learn, and that this team is different then last years team.

I mean I get that, but would have loved to hear about how he specifically has addressed our consistent slow starts to the season and to individual games and is doing something different.

Wouldn't surprise me if we get of to a slow start like always.

Reaction Score
I guess KO wants to set a tone defensively with Anderson, who seemed very good in the exhibitions.

Reaction Score
KO seems to be Diacoing us! Lots of talk and Ollieisms but not much else as an game time coach.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
KO seems to be Diacoing us! Lots of talk and Ollieisms but not much else as an game time coach.

Shame on KO for selling us this snake oil. What a con man.

Reaction Score
Did Diaco win a national championship?

No. Ollie has this season to show what he can do with a full roster, with all of his guys. Fans owe him that. If this is a lousy season like last, then we talk. But too early to proclaim anything.

Reaction Score
Anything less than a tourney berth and he will be gone. This team is much better than what we have seen in the last 2 years. Really likeable and seemed talented. He won a national championship with Calhoun trained players and Calhoun still had a voice at that time. Now apparently he has been shut out as an advisor, so we will see.

Reaction Score
Question who should start all you want it's a damn good thing Antoine Anderson picked the Huskies because the way Alterique played on offense (his defense was very good) and CV's game tonight we were screwed without AA. Nice job by the Fordham kid no doubt.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't read much into it - we had a size advantage - i'm figuring he just wanted a bigger lineup.

Reaction Score
I like CV a lot, and I think he will have a very good career here, but the obsession some of ya'll have...didn't see the whole game but from the action I did see Anderson played well tonight, especially in getting them off to a good start.

Reaction Score
I like CV especially his effort and defense but he isn't one of the top 5 on the team IMO. He is limited as a PG. Excellent 6th man though. KO can bring him off the bench for major minutes if he is making outside shots. If not he can pull him.

C

Chief00

Anything less than a tourney berth and he will be gone. This team is much better than what we have seen in the last 2 years. Really likeable and seemed talented. He won a national championship with Calhoun trained players and Calhoun still had a voice at that time. Now apparently he has been shut out as an advisor, so we will see.
True, Calhoun can only effectively advise, if someone listens. One of Calhoun and Blaney’s strengths were a dissection of everything that did not go well and an immediate correction. To do that requires, quite frankly, more intellectual honesty than many are used to or can tolerate.
Having said that I thought the coaches did not sleep during the game and KO brought a lot of energy. Chill’s keeps things real with a calmness you also need.

Reaction Score
We only had 3 guards last night so Coach made the right call. Based on last night’s game I would start Adams, Anderson, Larrier, Polley, and insert here (Diarra, Carlton Cobb). I don’t know how he will fair against better comp and it was only one game but AA was our best guard last night.
Hopefully as the rust wears off Gilbert will earn the starts. I thought the brace was affecting him a lot. Some of his shots weren’t even close.

Reaction Score
CV's shot was off, is all. On a night to night basis, he's going to be our 6th man guard. He is a better player than Anderson. My guess is the pressure of Adams being out was weighing on him, maybe tweaked his wrist in practice, getting a cold... who knows.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I also wondered why CV did not start. Last year he was thrown to the lions. He played with and against the big boys. My opinon only, he was agressive, not afraid of anything. He drove to the hoop with authority. All this from a freshman who in another scenario probably would of seen limited playing time. I have no idea what happens in practice, however, I thought it was his until....well he gets beat. Probably happened in practice. He has more experience than the starting line up. I thought for sure when JA got the hook, CV would of been out there.

Reaction Score
CV's shot was off, is all. On a night to night basis, he's going to be our 6th man guard. He is a better player than Anderson. My guess is the pressure of Adams being out was weighing on him, maybe tweaked his wrist in practice, getting a cold... who knows.

He's potentially a better overall player than Anderson because we've seen him be good but let's not throw out 3 years of college basketball experience. I think you saw what AA can bring, and we've seen what CV can bring it's nice to have those options on a given night. Really don't care who we played last night if you didn't like AA's intensity and ability in the defensive end too, Philly toughness as well, then you (not at you 429 general) weren't watching. The kid can play and will play. These 2 will be shuffled on a given game as to who's impacting but both can play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom