Why is CV not starting? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Why is CV not starting?

Reaction Score
He's potentially a better overall player than Anderson because we've seen him be good but let's not throw out 3 years of college basketball experience. I think you saw what AA can bring, and we've seen what CV can bring it's nice to have those options on a given night. Really don't care who we played last night if you didn't like AA's intensity and ability in the defensive end too, Philly toughness as well, then you (not at you 429 general) weren't watching. The kid can play and will play. These 2 will be shuffled on a given game as to who's impacting but both can play.

Agreed. Nice to have two 6th-man options on any given night. I forgot what depth in a roster felt like!

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Anderson started because he is a better ball handler and passer. He is a better facilitator. 6 assists last night, one turnover in 35 minutes. He and Christian are different players.
Agree on this. They especially needed his ball handling/passing skills without Jalen last night. I think with Jalen playing normal minutes, we'll see less of AA, but we'll see. His performance last night suggested he could play a prominent role this season just as Vital can, although in different ways.

Reaction Score
Anything less than a tourney berth and he will be gone. This team is much better than what we have seen in the last 2 years. Really likeable and seemed talented. He won a national championship with Calhoun trained players and Calhoun still had a voice at that time. Now apparently he has been shut out as an advisor, so we will see.
lol @ Calhoun trained, Daniels did nothing his first year and even said himself that it was easier to play for KO because he was "less mean", Giffey played like a robot under JC because he was scared to make mistakes and get pulled, this board routinely trashed Shabazz his sophomore year, the last under Calhoun, and Boat only played one year under him. Hell, when KO got the gig Boat even told the media that it wasn't much of a big deal to him because KO was the coach working one on one with the guards anyway.

Reaction Score
lol @ Calhoun trained, Daniels did nothing his first year and even said himself that it was easier to play for KO because he was "less mean", Giffey played like a robot under JC because he was scared to make mistakes and get pulled, this board routinely trashed Shabazz his sophomore year, the last under Calhoun, and Boat only played one year under him. Hell, when KO got the gig Boat even told the media that it wasn't much of a big deal to him because KO was the coach working one on one with the guards anyway.

This ^ couldn't have been answered any better. You need to have your facts in order before you come out with "Calhoun-trained" crap buddy. He's had his shortcomings I think we will agree but that year wasn't one of them that's for sure, nor the year prior when they played for nothing but won 20.

Reaction Score
Unless someone is hurt, I would expect that CV comes off the bench for the rest of the season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom