Why, I could be Lou’s twin | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Why, I could be Lou’s twin

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
So I suppose joining me for a walk to the ethnic food trucks on the Yale campus is out of the question?
I was going to go there Thursday but didn’t make it. I love the shawarma salad from the Afghani food truck.

Reaction Score
Look on the bright side. You'll be able to predict changes in the weather soon. I did something similar 25 years ago (the 4th instead of the 5th). I just wore a boot with a hard sole and taped it to the other toes. It took about 6 months to heal all the way and then I was left with RSD. I was teaching 6th grade at the time and had the kids put their desks in groups, got a chair with wheels, and had them give the chair a good shove so I could get to each group.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Best wishes and get well soon Nan. Don't worry about the tan lines, just have your husband take off the boot once you get in the lounge chair outside, then have him put it back on once you are done.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Thanks again, all!

I’m bored out of my mind so I’m going through all likely looking Netflix series to see which ones I like. So far Godless looks good as do Dark and Travelers.Amazon Prime is next for series to check out.

I’ve given up on Altered Carbon. Such a promising story that lost its way around the fourth episode.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Well I'm hobbling around on a damaged knee. Hurt it by falling in an embarrassing manner. Fortunately I believe it's only a mild/moderate strain/sprain. Swelling already going sown and mobility increasing. Probably a week to 10 day event for me. I'm not telling my story however.....I'd rather forget it.

Get well. No jump shots for 6 weeks for you!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Well I'm hobbling around on a damaged knee. Hurt it by falling in an embarrassing manner. Fortunately I believe it's only a mild/moderate strain/sprain. Swelling already going sown and mobility increasing. Probably a week to 10 day event for me. I'm not telling my story however.....I'd rather forget it.

The walking, sorta walking, wounded, huh?

Don’t mess around with your knee. You should get it checked out.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

It’s freaking contagious! Get well, Biff!

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
...I’m ok, just a bit crabby...

Um, was that referring to your demeanor before or after the accident? OK, sorry. Just had to do that.

Sending best wishes to you Nan, with the hope for a full and speedy recovery. My dear Mrs. BigBird broke the fifth met on her left foot, and shortly after completion of the (10 week) healing process, she broke the same bone on the right foot. There was no connection between the two accidents at all.

The first one was set in the conventional way, but the second time, a different doctor did a helical wire wrap around the broken bone. This cut three weeks off of the recovery period. Anyway, be well, happy, and, for a couple of months, entirely lazy. Blessings.

Reaction Score
Yikes! As someone with a history of foot injuries, I feel your pain. Not fun.
Here's hoping for a quick and uneventful recovery.

Reaction Score
Best wishes for a speedy recovery. And thanks for all you do here.

JS

Reaction Score
Well I'm hobbling around on a damaged knee. Hurt it by falling in an embarrassing manner.
You and Nan may be embarrassed, but I lead a charmed life.

Why, even now I'm posting from the top of a ladder where I'm cleaning out the gutters. No fear here, and I'm . . . .

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!!!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I’m going the vino route. I’ll take an occasional Tylenol but really hate pills. I have a pretty high tolerance for pain anyway.
Obviously, you're a moderator on the BY. :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom