Why does it always take 1/2 a game to wake up? | The Boneyard

Why does it always take 1/2 a game to wake up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We aren't a good team; it's as simple as that.
Thing is, whatever our level of talent/play - sucky or great or in between - we play uninspired ball for the 1/2 half much of the time, it seems. Why is that? It's got nothing to do with talent.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
We arent a good team, its simple as that
Not sure if your answer was serious or not - I don't think we are a "great" team this season - we have a lot of new pieces trying to fit in. BUT i do get that it's frustrating to see a school like Yale taking us out to the woodshed to start the game...

Reaction Score
I said team, no one on this team really creates for others, its very difficult watching us play offense

Reaction Score
None of our players compliment eachother. We have a bunch of drive and dish aka slashing guards but when you have 3 of them on the floor with zero shooters or finishers you get what we're watching.

Reaction Score
i think we should keep boat out the rest of the game, its odd to say we are playing better without him, but we are, and you can tell he isn't near 100%

Reaction Score
I hate to admit this, but I was just thinking, "I could be watching Kentucky Texas."

H

huskymagic

Part of the problem from what I can discern is Boatright on this team. Our offense is pass around the perimeter and wait for Boatright to take a guy one on one with no shooters to finish, and guys watching not getting involved. We need the Boatright of last year high energy, tenacious defender, drive and kick, and pull up in the mid range if we want to have championship aspirations. We need to play inside out to free up pressure on the perimeter game and get Brimah involved if we want to be the best team we can be. More Brimah, less Boatright one on one offense, and more Hamilton in motion.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It's a bit of a dysfunctional group right now - one ball handler and one shooter.

The offense will either come around or it won't, but the sketchy effort on defense has to stop.

They need to commit to winning rock fights.

Reaction Score
Im so freaking tired of us getting dominated on the glass. I mean really? Yale getting all this offensive boards is ridiculous

Reaction Score
Im so freaking tired of us getting dominated on the glass. I mean really? Yale getting all this offensive boards is ridiculous
We have been beat on the glass one other time this year; Dayton.

C'mon people at least check box scores before spouting off.

Reaction Score
Well just throw it high and let brimah get it. He's the tallest guy in the building.

It works.

Reaction Score
Is Brimah going to get the most alley oops in a game for us ever? At least we have that going for us. We need more energy and enthusiasm out there, for 40 minutes.

Reaction Score
Generally, yeah the first half was a little sloppy, but Boat is still scoreless. Since PR, we have yet to shoot it over 20% from 3. We have one of the lowest assist averages in the entire country.

These are the things that need to change.

Reaction Score
correction for kita

Amoeba is not the tallest gent in Gampel. The UTexas game proved by comparison that maumau was correct in statements from months ago that the big man is lucky if 6-9. However, Amoeba does have the longest arms relative to body type since Dr. J.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
Philip Nolan is absolutely beautiful . It's like an episode of " Good Times" within the actual game with this guy .

Reaction Score
Wow I didn't know that.
Boat has got to fix this for obvious future reasons.
Last I checked according to ESPN we are ranked like 314th

Aren't there only around 325 D1 teams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member