Why do we have a chatroom? | The Boneyard

Why do we have a chatroom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Activity was always in the game thread. All conversations in the chatroom are lost. The game thread lives forever!

Game thread > chat room

Reaction Score
Activity was always in the game thread. All conversations in the chatroom are lost. The game thread lives forever!

Game thread > chat room
Thats why im not a fan of it. I dont like some of my drunken beligerent comments recorded forever:(

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Chat room activity is directly tied to general apathy. In 2014, it was great.

Reaction Score
By using the game threads instead if the chat room we can btoadcast our stupidity and pettiness to anyone who lurks the board without a password. Lurkers like fans from other schools, recruits, current players, past players etc. can all read what complete douches most of our posters are. It's great!

Reaction Score
Chat room is suited for exciting games where jubilant and quick 4 word comments flow (e.g. Dagger!, To the Rim! What a Dunk! Jalen nice drive!, etc,). Sorta like not wanting to miss any action on the court with distractions, particularly reading long comments.

The Game Thread is suitable for watching slow, poor and lethargic game flow. You have more a lot of time to type and formulate thoughts and even correct typos.

Just saying UConn ball is more suitable for Game Thread these days.

Reaction Score
It's kind of funny.

The men's board used to exclusively use the chat room and never had game threads, while the women's board never used the chat and had game threads instead.

Now it's the opposite.

It's just a matter of which one has critical mass at a given time. If 8-10 people start regularly using the chat, it will come back.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Chat room is suited for exciting games where jubilant and quick 4 word comments flow (e.g. Dagger!, To the Rim! What a Dunk! Jalen nice drive!, etc,). Sorta like not wanting to miss any action on the court with distractions, particularly reading long comments.

The Game Thread is suitable for watching slow, poor and lethargic game flow. You have more a lot of time to type and formulate thoughts and even correct typos.

Just saying UConn ball is more suitable for Game Thread these days.
Sadly true. I can read all of the posts, and glance up to make sure the game hasn't changed enough to warrant my full attention. I missed Kwintin's one hander.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Chatroom used to be great
It became a bitch session for the same folks game after game which is their prerogative but it became brainless

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It's kind of funny.

The men's board used to exclusively use the chat room and never had game threads, while the women's board never used the chat and had game threads instead.

Now it's the opposite.

It's just a matter of which one has critical mass at a given time. If 8-10 people start regularly using the chat, it will come back.
The big chunk of the woman's board hates it as well. It just became mandatory over there.

Last edited:

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Used to be great. Now, the activity is in the game thread. And it's not great.

Im considering shutting down the game threads. They're a disgrace, too difficult to read, and pointless seeing as though there is a better option.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Game thread is better, gotta have a paper trail to use against people at a later date.

Game threads are stupid. They always have been.
Chatroom used to be great
It became a bitch session for the same folks game after game which is their prerogative but it became brainless

You just described the games threads perfectly.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
As a streamer, the streaming feed is often 30-60 seconds behind live video.

In chatroom people are comment ting on okays before I see them on TV.

Game threads are similar.

So, I avoid them both now. Maybe jump in at halftime.

Other issue I'd I've never like the chat room functionality for mobile devices.

Reaction Score
Im considering shutting down the game threads. They're a disgrace, too difficult to read, and pointless seeing as though there is a better option.
If there was a better option wouldn't people use it? If you put a Lamborghini and a Mazda Miata next to eachother and tell someone to choose, how many take the Mazda over the Lamborghini? 0.0

I like the game thread because I don't have to be glued to a chat window and can focus on the game as I desire. With the game thread it brings you to the last post you read so you can catch up on the conversation during breaks.

Game thread > chat

temery

What?
Reaction Score
If there was a better option wouldn't people use it?

No. Game threads are jackass magnets, difficult to read, reflect poorly on the site, are part of the boneyard's permanant record thanks to search engine spiders, and I'm tired of the site being ranked based on the stupidity of a few people.

I'll give game threads one more try, but will give a reply ban to each user after their first stupid post saying the same thing repeatedly.

I'm sick of the negativity, and game threads are at the top of the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom