Why do so many posters thing Hurley is poor at player development? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Why do so many posters thing Hurley is poor at player development?

Reaction Score
I see hundreds of posts talking about how much better this team will be once experienced players that Hurley has been coaching for two years are gone, and kids from high school that were playing against 5'10 guards and 6'3 centers show up. Do posters think that Hurley is so terrible at player development that he is incapable of coaching players up, and that the team would be better off taking some 18 year old kid that has only had high school coaching?

Is there a negative correlation between exposure to Hurley's coaching and player improvement? If this is true, should we replace the entire roster every year with freshmen?
Jeez, you can’t even get one like even when you’re the OP in a thread. There are some strange birds on this board and not one person ever agrees with anything you post. Why waste your breath anymore?

Reaction Score
As for UConn its way too early to know. Got to wait for Gaffney's Sr. year to me. He will be a perfect case study. The current roster is not totally his, and some of the veteran players are too familiar with 'losing'.

So Hurley doesn’t coach a guy for 1-2 seasons and now he has full immunity to their poor play?

Reaction Score
Should I start a crowd pleasing thread like "Josh Carlton SUCKS!!!!"?
At least you'd be responding to something somebody actually said.

Reaction Score
Should I start a crowd pleasing thread like "Josh Carlton SUCKS!!!!"?
It just says a lot when nobody ever agrees with you. It’s ok for you to always be critical of the coach but not for posters to be critical of a player’s game apparently.

Reaction Score
It is not too early to judge coaching ability; which has been lacking. It is way too early to talk replacing him; which no one is saying.

The fact this coach is immune to critique to many here is laughable and strange.
There's critique and then there's nelson. Instead of making a point and backing it up with reason and logic, he creates strawmen, responds to arguments people aren't making, ignores the most salient posts. All with a smugness that defies logic.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Jeez, you can’t even get one like even when you’re the OP in a thread. There are some strange birds on this board and not one person ever agrees with anything you post. Why waste your breath anymore?
1578976645986.png

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It just says a lot when nobody ever agrees with you. It’s ok for you to always be critical of the coach but not for posters to be critical of a player’s game apparently.

You aren't keeping up. You should sit this thread out.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
The dude hates Hurley, I get it, we all get it

Does he need to start 10 threads per week about it?
Perhaps he needs to. Perhaps it doesn't add up to 10. I haven't counted. Have you?

I don't think he hates Hurley. I don't mind that he posts. Sometimes (like in this thread), I'm critical or teasing.

I do know that if you Ignore him, you will see ZERO of however many posts he truly starts. You might also reduce your stress level or be happier for doing so.

Who knows what makes a person want to suggest what another person should do?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
There's critique and then there's nelson. Instead of making a point and backing it up with reason and logic, he creates strawmen, responds to arguments people aren't making, ignores the most salient posts. All with a smugness that defies logic.
If only there waa some way to Ignore him or even just any particular thread that he starts...especially the ones that have no value whatsoever and would be better off treated like they don't even exist.

Reaction Score
I see hundreds of posts talking about how much better this team will be once experienced players that Hurley has been coaching for two years are gone, and kids from high school that were playing against 5'10 guards and 6'3 centers show up. Do posters think that Hurley is so terrible at player development that he is incapable of coaching players up, and that the team would be better off taking some 18 year old kid that has only had high school coaching?

Is there a negative correlation between exposure to Hurley's coaching and player improvement? If this is true, should we replace the entire roster every year with freshmen?

Garbage

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

Hurley took a bunch of 3-stars at Rhode Island and turned them into a top 25 team back to back years. Are you saying that UConn has less talent than Rhode Island?

Reaction Score
Don't lump everyone into the nobody category. Obviously you haven't considered the fact that some posters don't feel the urge to say anything about nelson's comments when he might be right. There are far too many of you on this board that are not capable of being objective when he posts anything. You all know who you are......

Reaction Score
Don't lump everyone into the nobody category. Obviously you haven't considered the fact that some posters don't feel the urge to say anything about nelson's comments when he might be right. There are far too many of you on this board that are not capable of being objective when he posts anything. You all know who you are......

He is among the least insightful posters on this site. Most everyone can see that.

Reaction Score
Not at all what I am saying. Was I challenging Hurley in the OP?

"Is there a negative correlation between exposure to Hurley's coaching and player improvement? If this is true, should we replace the entire roster every year with freshmen? "

This qualifies as challenging Hurley in the OP.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
"Is there a negative correlation between exposure to Hurley's coaching and player improvement? If this is true, should we replace the entire roster every year with freshmen? "

This qualifies as challenging Hurley in the OP.

It was a question in response to 90% of this board bashing the players that have been here for more than a year. The logical extension of the position that all freshmen are better than the other players is that Hurley must be doing something wrong to make those older players worse.

I, by the way, do not share that position. I do not think all freshmen are better than older players, because players go to these things called "practice" where they work on their game and some of them get better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom