Why do people get sensitive when critiquing Kevin Ollie? | The Boneyard

Why do people get sensitive when critiquing Kevin Ollie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is it cause he went to Uconn? I don't get it. I don't hate the guy,I do think he will regret not having the lakers hc job,but that's just my two cents. I just don't understand some of the moves like Purvis on the bench, calhoun getting more playing time. Sam Cassel jr still on the team, not sure what happened there either. The past few weeks I have just hated the offensive creativity of this team, it is no where near the team I expected with 3 solid players like hamilton,purvis,gibbs.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
It's a reaction to the fact that a considerable amount of the criticism goes way overboard. I mean I get it, this is UConn - every coach not named Geno (mainly Diaco, Ollie, and Penders) will have some people clamoring to fire them because our fans have very high standards, which is a whole other discussion. But the crackpot theories about how his sex life is somehow to blame for his perceived coaching failures are ridiculous, and stuff like that is why people are probably a lot more ardent in defending him.

He's also just fundamentally a really good guy. For some of us, he's not the kind of dude it's easy to get off on bashing.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Are you suggesting that Sam C should be cut, as if this is a professional team? Tough crowd.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
It's a reaction to the fact that a considerable amount of the criticism goes way overboard. I mean I get it, this is UConn - every coach not named Geno (mainly Diaco, Ollie, and Penders) will have some people clamoring to fire them because our fans have very high standards, which is a whole other discussion. But the crackpot theories about how his sex life is somehow to blame for his perceived coaching failures are ridiculous, and stuff like that is why people are probably a lot more ardent in defending him.

He's also just fundamentally a really good guy. For some of us, he's not the kind of dude it's easy to get off on bashing.

Not trying to be a dink in saying this, but how do you know Ollie's a good guy? Always just kind of makes me scratch my head when anyone makes assumptions about celebrities based upon what they see in the press...maybe I've just seen too many supposed 'good guys' get exposed as pretty 'effed up to believe what I see in the press anymore

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Not trying to be a dink in saying this, but how do you know Ollie's a good guy? Always just kind of makes me scratch my head when anyone makes assumptions about celebrities based upon what they see in the press...maybe I've just seen too many supposed 'good guys' get exposed as pretty 'effed up to believe what I see in the press anymore

He's incredibly charitable, very kind and caring towards his players, loves his kids a lot...what more do you want?

The only people I've seen impugn KO's character are the whackjobs on the VCU board who are bitter about losing Terry Larrier to us and getting beat out for Mamadou Diarra.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Yes cause I'm sure a man of faith who lasted in the NBA for 13 years based off pure effort and work ethic doesn't have good character. And do you think Calhoun would pick a sorry excuse for a man to be the next head coach? Sometimes it's alright to assume things

Reaction Score

Is there any reason to believe he's NOT a good guy? Just because other people screw up doesn't mean Ollie isn't a good person - or great.

Furthermore, if you make public figures out to be perfect people that's your fault and you're setting yourself up for disappointment. Nobody is perfect, everyone has their skeletons.

Reaction Score
Is it cause he went to Uconn? I don't get it. I don't hate the guy,I do think he will regret not having the lakers hc job,but that's just my two cents. I just don't understand some of the moves like Purvis on the bench, calhoun getting more playing time. Sam Cassel jr still on the team, not sure what happened there either. The past few weeks I have just hated the offensive creativity of this team, it is no where near the team I expected with 3 solid players like hamilton,purvis,gibbs.
WTF kind of post is this? Did you seriously call for Ollie throwing Cassell off the team? Please stop huffing glue.

Reaction Score
We are darn lucky to have KO as coach, yes he is learning, but he has some great recruits lined up. Who would we get that is better??

Reaction Score
I defend Ollie here with a question. Who is he trotting out to match up with Cincy's monster front court? There is only so much that 6'7" Miller can do, and he holds his own. When we double team their bigs who kick out, guards get open. Cincy is not a great team but they are gritty and tough. We lost by 1 so let's get a grip.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
KO is not the reason this team can't make layups, KO is not the reason DHam is in a real sake bit shooting slump, KO is not the reason our only legit defensive 5 got injured, KO cant be in JA's shoes to avoid freshmen mistakes
But KO won a national championship and I don't give a rats that they were "JC's players". Plus he has recruited a KILLER class
Guys in the chat room saying he should be gone if they don't make the tournament - what total BS
What is the losing margins? (I know some will say who cares they are losses) I don't see where UConn has been blown out
Sometimes teams and players go seasons where they are snake bit and this year is UConn's turn

Reaction Score
I defend Ollie here with a question. Who is he trotting out to match up with Cincy's monster front court? There is only so much that 6'7" Miller can do, and he holds his own. When we double team their bigs who kick out, guards get open. Cincy is not a great team but they are gritty and tough. We lost by 1 so let's get a grip.

typical game agianst cincy for the past 10 years

Reaction Score
Getting a grip isn't the solution. Getting a much needed win was.

Reaction Score

Hopefully you can influence the selection committee with that argument.

Reaction Score
Boy I nailed it right on the money, nice possessions there. Twice 2 shot clock violations, just 0 creativity and not even any effort to put the ball on the hands of purvis who has been the best player offensively the past 2 games. Sickening

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Yep Bazz all by himself - I forgot Giffs, DD, Boat and others were just stiffs
Great basketball players make other players better. Take Bazz from the 2014 team, and they would look a lot like this team with Ollie's half court offense.
On the flipside, put Bazz on this team, they would look a lot like the 2014 team.

Reaction Score
LOL you are such a clown
Yep just as much as you are for making such a comment. If you honestly think that things weren't wrapped beautifully with a nice little bow for KO to win that one with the best player in the country then there isn't much more I can invest in you as a person or a fan.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Yep just as much as you are for making such a comment. If you honestly think that things weren't wrapped beautifully with a nice little bow for KO to win that one with the best player in the country then there isn't much more I can invest in you as a person or a fan.

LOL at the concept of posters investing in each other as fans. I also think you kind of underestimate how difficult it is to win a national championship. This fan base really is spoiled rotten.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score

There's a team called LSU that has what some people refer to as the "next Lebron" on their team and guess what ... that team isn't sniffing a championship. Nevermind Johnny Jones getting an opportunity to coach thru Donovan, Izzo and Calipari.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom