Why can't we find and develop good big men? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Why can't we find and develop good big men?

Reaction Score
or even the Cornell staff? :)

BB IQ is not the only factor in a big man's success. I look at what Calhoun and staff did with Jake, Hilton and Jeff. I look at what Ollie's staff did with Phil and Brimah.

It's on the coaches whether it be recruiting or development.

BBIQ is not the only factor, the other is instincts.

Jake - High IQ when he came in, great instincts, physical player immediately just needed to learn and was able.. Hilton - Solid IQ and knew how to play the game, but needed to get stronger to be an impact, game was there. Jeff - solid IQ and great instincts for rebounding the ball and scoring around the basket when he came in. Jeff never got any better passing and handling the ball was that JC and the staff's fault? No these are things you can't teach, the player needs to get better of sometimes they just never do.

Brimah - low basketball IQ no instincts - can clock shots. 4 years later, same player. You really think they didn't try to teach him everything Jake knew, how to rebound like HA and Jeff? How to box out? Same with face -

C'mon you know better than that. I mean I as I said I'm not saying they are great at teaching bigs but they taught them things for sure these guys never got any better at. It's on the kids, and the coaches for recruiting the wrong types of kids bottom line.

Reaction Score
Also at that game, probably one of the best road trips ever because of the outcome and the way they came roaring back. Add to it the fact Husky fans were trowing out the Johnnies fans it was a great day. Drank McSorley's, about 20 of them, before the game across the street with the guys I went down with and about 100 other Husky fans. Then we went out LOL Fun day

"trowing" was drowning WTH with this iMac, damn!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog
Top Bottom