Whose Next? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Whose Next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
The article mentions Brown and kemba winning NCAA titles as guards at UCONN but leaves out Gordon.
Gotcha. Read it quick. Still early in the am

H

Husk-E

Jeez, did you go to college? Do you have a real job?

"Whose next?" Really?

How about, "Who's next"? So many knucklehead abusers of English grammar on this site who claim to be graduates.
Grammar Nazis:rolleyes:

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I love seeing SouthTampaBill lecturing people on the quality of their posts.

It's a message board, not a doctoral thesis.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I'm no fan of STB, but are you guys really arguing that it isn't beneficial to help a 15 year old kid to spell correctly? Simply put, when I was 15 I knew the difference among:

who's, whose
its, it's
there, they're and their
are, our
won, one
to, too and too
knew, new
or that 'a lot' are two words, not one.

Is it really too much to ask that people use the correct words when trying to communicate via text? I struggle with spelling words correctly everyday and when I'm unsure, I take the 15 seconds to look it up.

Correcting someone isn't necessarily an insult; it can be just helping them to learn the correct way. I love it when people correct my spelling and grammar and I try to learn from it.

Stop using the idea 'It's a message board - grammar and spelling don't count' as an excuse to dumb down the board or kids who are in high school or college or beyond who really should know better.

Reaction Score
I'm no fan of STB, but are you guys really arguing that it isn't beneficial to help a 15 year old kid to spell correctly? Simply put, when I was 15 I knew the difference among:

who's, whose
its, it's
there, they're and their
are, our
won, one
to, too and too
knew, new

Is it really too much to ask that people use the correct words when trying to communicate via text? I struggle with spelling words correctly everyday and when I'm unsure, I take the 15 seconds to look it up.

Correcting someone isn't necessarily an insult; it can be just helping them to learn the correct way. I love it when people correct my spelling and grammar and I try to learn from it.

Stop using the idea 'It's a message board - grammar and spelling don't count' as an excuse to dumb down the board or kids who are in high school or college or beyond who really should know better.

Helping improve someone's spelling is one thing but questioning a persons intelligence based on one lazy spelling error is a whole other thing.

Reaction Score
I love seeing SouthTampaBill lecturing people on the quality of their posts.

It's a message board, not a doctoral thesis.

His grammar may be correct, but who is he to lecture on the quality of one's post?:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Helping improve someone's spelling is one thing but questioning a persons intelligence based on one lazy spelling error is a whole other thing.

For your info it's person's. J/K:D I wholeheartedly agree and look forward to more posts from you. It's nice to have fans of all ages on this board and way to tell off STB!

Reaction Score

who's, whose
its, it's
there, they're and their
are, our
won, one
to, too and too
knew, new

I wish I was correct every time I post but there are times I'm in a hurry for work, others where I'm hammered late at night (hopefully this wasn't the case for uconnforlife lol) and others I get it wrong for whatever reason. I laugh at some of the spellings at times and I'm sure I'm guilty by error also but who really cares? I know what he/she meant so why kill the kid?

Reaction Score
I wish I was correct every time I post but there are times I'm in a hurry for work, others where I'm hammered late at night (hopefully this wasn't the case for uconnforlife lol) and others I get it wrong for whatever reason. I laugh at some of the spellings at times and I'm sure I'm guilty by error also but who really cares? I know what he/she meant so why kill the kid?

Good points all around. I think we can all admit the same thing (especially me with the hammered part :) - I got hammered for admitting that in a post awhile back :) ) .

Reaction Score
Funny thing is Huskies4ever, I have logged on here some mornings and said "WTF did I reply that way for?" the night prior.......happens but it's all good right?:)

Reaction Score
Funny thing is Huskies4ever, I have logged on here some mornings and said "WTF did I reply that way for?" the night prior.......happens but it's all good right?:)

Totally agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99