Who's your list for next HC? | Page 44 | The Boneyard

Who's your list for next HC?

Reaction Score
Obviously I want good recruits because they are a big part of the recipe to winning. I could care less if the coach has charisma, there's uncharasmatic and charismatic coaches who get good recruits. It's all about competency, all that matters is winning.
*couldn't care less. Can't edit my posts anymore.

Reaction Score
You're wrong. He has caught the eye of major SEC and National offensive analysts. He is light years above Lashlee at this point for Kentucky proving this year and his offense is running great. Plus he has the stamp of the LA coach.

Then Aren't you the guys pumping the CCSU guy. That's nuts.

There is a Consulting firm hired to help Benedict. For all the blowhards ... if you analyze the searches that firm has been in and who the individual consultant manager is ... you will see Liam Coen is more the profile. Having said that, Cignetti or Morehead (and we aren't getting JM) is more the comfort. Why? Both went into disaster situations and raised them up quick.
If that's true I'm wrong. Only coach I've pumped is Sean Lewis.

McCarthy clearly showing his 2019 was a product of Rossomando's making.

Reaction Score
Tom Herman????

Doesn't he have to get back on his feet? Only thing would be can we afford him

Maybe he'd salivate at the opportunity to rebuild a program from the bottom.. Just imagine the recruits he and his assistants could bring in..

Art Briles ? (just throwing his name out)
I don’t know if he fits but he did experience a Rockin Rent when his best team got beat.

Reaction Score
Tom Herman????

Maybe he'd salivate at the opportunity to rebuild a program from the bottom.. Just imagine the recruits he and his assistants could bring in..

You bring in a hermann or even a briles to rebuild theyre brand say they win 5 games they’ll look like the coach of the century and bail right away. Unless they use eachother to do do a quick program turnaround and a quick turnaround of said coach

Reaction Score
I like Lashlee a lot but I’m not sure he’s the right guy for the job… We need a coach who has HCing experience, they don’t need to currently be a HC but was the head guy at one point in their career.
Yeah I feel you on that. Only thing with lashlee he’s young hungry and wanting to make a name for him self. With no prior HC exp he’s not gonna be super expensive yet. He may not second guess a job offering him a HC job either

Reaction Score
Yeah I feel you on that. Only thing with lashlee he’s young hungry and wanting to make a name for him self. With no prior HC exp he’s not gonna be super expensive yet. He may not second guess a job offering him a HC job either
I guess, but being THE guy in charge of a team is different. That’s a tough task. Can we afford to hire a coach to come in and learn on the job? We’re not in that position to do that. Trust me I like him, but it’s no the right move.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
If I was Cignetti I wouldn't consider UConn. Given the job he's doing at JMU, I'm not sure what the value to him is to start over with a rebuild at a school that is sort of a lateral move. Sure, maybe we can pay more, but I would think he's on the radar of the bigger schools needing a coach. Coming here resets his timeline by a few years and he's already 60. I wouldn't do it.

Reaction Score
I believe Cignetti should seriously be considered. He’s recruited some serious talent and worked under Saban. JMU has been a hell of a program as well.
I get your point... Only thing is if he's the guy he's got to have somebody on the staff (hopefully) that would be able to keep the train running in the right direction. Dude is 60... no Spring chicken...

Reaction Score
If I was Cignetti I wouldn't consider UConn. Given the job he's doing at JMU, I'm not sure what the value to him is to start over with a rebuild at a school that is sort of a lateral move. Sure, maybe we can pay more, but I would think he's on the radar of the bigger schools needing a coach. Coming here resets his timeline by a few years and he's already 60. I wouldn't do it.
1. He’s a young 60, he looks good/healthy for his age.

2. UConn is a step up from JMU in many ways not just pay.

3. He’s not resetting his timeline when he has a ton of experience, and UConn is again a step up from JMU in a lot of ways.

4. UConns next coach will not be here longer than 5years if he’s successful or not. If successful he’s out the door for a bigger job, and if he fails he’s out the door. So, 60yrs old is not bad.

The only way I see him not coming here is if he’s not on UConns list because they want a younger coach even though I believe 60 is just fine given that coaches don’t stay to long now a days.

Reaction Score

3. He’s not resetting his timeline when he has a ton of experience, and UConn is again a step up from JMU in a lot of ways.
Unless of of course JMU decides to make the rumored jump up to FBS in all the conference reshuffling.

Reaction Score
Unless of of course JMU decides to make the rumored jump up to FBS in all the conference reshuffling.
I think they (along with Delaware and maybe Villanova) would do well if they made the jump to FBS... Those programs "get it" Hopefully UConn gets it this time around and never looks back to the mess we made over the past decade plus

Reaction Score

that would be interesting, then maybe he would like to finish off his career there

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
My bad on this point. I must have mentally confused JMU with Liberty in thinking they were already FBS. I retract my statements as they were based on my faulty understanding.

Reaction Score
Who's on the list for new HC?

If the past is any indication, the new HC will NOT be any type of "name" coach. He will be a young coach, who is trying to make a name, and doesn't care about the future of the program...........OR, he will be a retread, older coach just looking for a job, that will pay just enough. No name coach is going to look at the situation at UC, and say............"hey I can turn this around". Not as long as the Administration continues it's present course. The coaching fraternity sees the situation at Storrs, and want's no part of the tshow. The assistants are not going to be top flight either, because they will not pay them. Finally any HC candidate sees the entrance requirements, and knows that he will not be able to recruit "borderline" recruits. Until those things change UC is going to continue to flounder in the pits. Someone said...............Yankee Conference rebirth. How about the Connecticut Intra-collegiate conference. UC, Trinity, Weseylan, Southern, Central, Western, New Haven, Sacred Heart, Quinnipiac, and the Coast Guard Academy, and Yale. Yeah, go ahead and slam it. At least they might win one or two games.
Maybe you should retire from idiotic posting too.

Reaction Score
Maybe you should retire from idiotic posting too.
Maybe you should have read the @CTFIRERETIRED post more than once before you replied. The first part was probably accurate and the last part was total sarcasm. But not everyone can differentiate between real and make believe.

Reaction Score
Maybe you should have read the @CTFIRERETIRED post more than once before you replied. The first part was probably accurate and the last part was total sarcasm. But not everyone can differentiate between real and make believe.
I can't even tell when people are being sarcastic in person. No way in heck I'm going to be able to pull that from text.

Reaction Score
Just goes to prove that we do not need to spend $3+ MM for a head coach. A $2MM salary and a $3MM assistant pool should bring a good list of candidates.
I think 2 MM base salary with incentives to get to 3+ with the 3MM assistant pool would attract a lot of people.

Reaction Score
Tom Herman????

How about a young offensive coordinator from Iowa who’s father
played here! played in NFL and spent a few years on Patriots staff before join his Dad at Iowa. He is going to need to step out of
Kirk’s shadow to advance his career.

Reaction Score
How about a young offensive coordinator from Iowa who’s father
played here! played in NFL and spent a few years on Patriots staff before join his Dad at Iowa. He is going to need to step out of
Kirk’s shadow to advance his career.
Have you seen their offense?

Pass

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Yes and the defense has been crap. The water boy got a ring too, should we hire him too? So pass..
Absolutely!!

Adam Sandler Time GIF

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom