Who's your list for next HC? | Page 43 | The Boneyard

Who's your list for next HC?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The charisma thing is silly. All that should matter is winning football games. Diaco has all the charisma in the world but he couldn't coach, Saban has no charisma. You sell the program by winning.

Sort of. Alabama doesn't need charisma. The entire culture of the state is geared to college football. I'm going to a wedding this Saturday...they don't even have fall Saturday weddings down there. UConn could use a coach who is good with the media. Winning matters more, but

Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

Reaction Score
The charisma thing is silly. All that should matter is winning football games. Diaco has all the charisma in the world but he couldn't coach, Saban has no charisma. You sell the program by winning.

you really haven't seen success from the bottom lifting up ...

Saban got frigging Alabama. Let me give you a blighted property that just lost its 3 department store anchors and see what's what. Networking and stitching this back up; lots of constituency. The University of Connecticut football platform has great bones. How do I know this? We are almost 20 years into this thing. I can walk around the football specific facilities at Cincinnati, Buffalo, Temple, BC, UMASS, Army ... and say that unreservedly. What is needed? It is a unique talent; but some love the reconstruction projects.

Winning. Like it was simple. Like it was God handing Geno or JC a box of winning.

Reaction Score
Let me give you a blighted property that just lost its 3 department store anchors and see what's what.
Are we talking about the Brass Mills Mall? If someone could revive that, I'd call them a genius!

Reaction Score
you really haven't seen success from the bottom lifting up ...

Saban got frigging Alabama. Let me give you a blighted property that just lost its 3 department store anchors and see what's what. Networking and stitching this back up; lots of constituency. The University of Connecticut football platform has great bones. How do I know this? We are almost 20 years into this thing. I can walk around the football specific facilities at Cincinnati, Buffalo, Temple, BC, UMASS, Army ... and say that unreservedly. What is needed? It is a unique talent; but some love the reconstruction projects.

Winning. Like it was simple. Like it was God handing Geno or JC a box of winning.
You win by being a great coach, not by being charismatic. Winning will put fannies in the seats, not being a rah rah charismatic guy who tries to sell the program. You sell it to the public by winning. We're not hiring a guy with no head coaching experience.

Reaction Score
You win by being a great coach, not by being charismatic. Winning will put fannies in the seats, not being a rah rah charismatic guy who tries to sell the program. You sell it to the public by winning. We're not hiring a guy with no head coaching experience.
I think we learned our lesson with a certain guy that loved his red pants.. Or have we? ( I hope so )

Reaction Score
I think Liam Coen is in the lead at the Quarter pole. MAC/JMU/CHL in sight. No reaching for newly FCS. Most important thing is ... Charisma. Needs to sell the Program in the State and in the dorms and to everyone. by authentic personality. Winning. And particularly eye on raising a dumpster dive up to Bowl level ...
LIam Coen is not the answer.. Now, would he come back to New England to run our offense???? Maybe that makes more sense...

Reaction Score
LIam Coen is not the answer.. Now, would he come back to New England to run our offense???? Maybe that makes more sense...
Coen is the guy you bring in as OC with the Associate or Assistant HC tacked on in the hopes that whoever (or whom? Grammar police?) is hired as HC wins and is gone in 3 years and Coen is the next man in line and gets promoted. I am coming to realize that with a few of my early suggestions.

Reaction Score
Coen is the guy you bring in as OC with the Associate or Assistant HC tacked on in the hopes that whoever (or whom? Grammar police?) is hired as HC wins and is gone in 3 years and Coen is the next man in line and gets promoted. I am coming to realize that with a few of my early suggestions.
whomever :)

Reaction Score
Exactly

Reaction Score
Under the current circumstances - why would Liam Coen leave his SEC OC/QB job to come be OC @ UConn next year? - Is he someone to watch his career success/progression - sure, but it’s not like he’s struggling @ UK to up and leave after this year.

Reaction Score
Under the current circumstances - why would Liam Coen leave his SEC OC/QB job to come be OC @ UConn next year? - Is he someone to watch his career success/progression - sure, but it’s not like he’s struggling @ UK to up and leave after this year.

Thank you! Was thinking the same thing. Unless UK crashes and burns the rest of this year, he has zero reason to want to leave for anything less than a HC gig at UConn

Reaction Score
With manny Diaz more than likely getting his walking papers realistically what y’all think the odds are we send lashlee a apology and a sizeable offer?

Reaction Score
With manny Diaz more than likely getting his walking papers realistically what y’all think the odds are we send lashlee a apology and a sizeable offer?

I like Lashlee a lot but I’m not sure he’s the right guy for the job… We need a coach who has HCing experience, they don’t need to currently be a HC but was the head guy at one point in their career.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

So you think personality has nothing to do with recruiting? Because I disagree with you on that. Charisma helps recruit, which helps you win. It can also help motivate guys to play harder and practice hrder. Is it the #1 priority? Hell no. Diaco proved that. We need competence, hard work, and a little charisma would be nice.

Reaction Score
There is absolutely no reason for him to come to UConn. Just speaking hypothetically. A guy can dream.

Reaction Score
I think Liam Coen is in the lead at the Quarter pole. MAC/JMU/CHL in sight. No reaching for newly FCS. Most important thing is ... Charisma. Needs to sell the Program in the State and in the dorms and to everyone. by authentic personality. Winning. And particularly eye on raising a dumpster dive up to Bowl level ...
I don't know if Liam Coen would be the right choice, but I think someone with his background would make a good HC. The most important position in college football is QB and I think a proven offensive minded coach would be successful attracting QBs to UConn.

Reaction Score
Not sure Lashlee is head coach material. His name hasn’t come up despite his rep. I also kind of think he is a tad overrated as an Offensive coordinator. Maybe but I wouldnt be inclined to hire him. Diaz, to me might be interesting though what he pulled at Temple would give pause. Honestly I want somebody who has been a head coach.

On Pudge‘s issue of charisma, I think you need something. I guess I would say enthusiasm, or alternatively, a resume That gets people excited. Bill Belichick isn’t exactly charismatic, but he can be funny and if you ever met him, he’s pretty interesting. Weird side story is I met Bill and Tom from car talk in a coffee Shop in Middletown both early on a Saturday. They were there for some Wesleyan things. Both had kids who went there.

We need first and foremost a good football coach. It would be a bonus if he is personable and even better if he is a miracle worker.

Reaction Score
So you think personality has nothing to do with recruiting? Because I disagree with you on that. Charisma helps recruit, which helps you win. It can also help motivate guys to play harder and practice hrder. Is it the #1 priority? Hell no. Diaco proved that. We need competence, hard work, and a little charisma would be nice.
Obviously I want good recruits because they are a big part of the recipe to winning. I could care less if the coach has charisma, there's uncharasmatic and charismatic coaches who get good recruits. It's all about competency, all that matters is winning.

Reaction Score
Not sure Lashlee is head coach material. His name hasn’t come up despite his rep. I also kind of think he is a tad overrated as an Offensive coordinator. Maybe but I wouldnt be inclined to hire him. Diaz, to me might be interesting though what he pulled at Temple would give pause. Honestly I want somebody who has been a head coach.

On Pudge‘s issue of charisma, I think you need something. I guess I would say enthusiasm, or alternatively, a resume That gets people excited. Bill Belichick isn’t exactly charismatic, but he can be funny and if you ever met him, he’s pretty interesting. Weird side story is I met Bill and Tom from car talk in a coffee Shop in Middletown both early on a Saturday. They were there for some Wesleyan things. Both had kids who went there.

We need first and foremost a good football coach. It would be a bonus if he is personable and even better if he is a miracle worker.
He doesn’t like to talk to no nothing reporters. Do you blame him?

Reaction Score
Tom Herman????

Doesn't he have to get back on his feet? Only thing would be can we afford him

Maybe he'd salivate at the opportunity to rebuild a program from the bottom.. Just imagine the recruits he and his assistants could bring in..

Art Briles ? (just throwing his name out)

Last edited:
Reaction Score

You're wrong. He has caught the eye of major SEC and National offensive analysts. He is light years above Lashlee at this point for Kentucky proving this year and his offense is running great. Plus he has the stamp of the LA coach.

Then Aren't you the guys pumping the CCSU guy. That's nuts.

There is a Consulting firm hired to help Benedict. For all the blowhards ... if you analyze the searches that firm has been in and who the individual consultant manager is ... you will see Liam Coen is more the profile. Having said that, Cignetti or Morehead (and we aren't getting JM) is more the comfort. Why? Both went into disaster situations and raised them up quick.

Reaction Score
I don't know if Liam Coen would be the right choice, but I think someone with his background would make a good HC. The most important position in college football is QB and I think a proven offensive minded coach would be successful attracting QBs to UConn.

My bias. And I admit it is a little weird. I thought HCRE should have worked hard to bring Coen in back in the latter Orlovsky years. He went to UMass and played great. His Dad was a coach of a good Lasalle program in RI. And he knows the athlete profile having been at UMass and Maine. New Englandish. I understand the projecting of an OC to HC however.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom