Who's your list for next HC? | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Who's your list for next HC?

Reaction Score
Get Hank Hughes back in the building as DC or DL. Knows how to make a defense into a top 25 group in the nation consistently. Not to mention he was here for UConn’s good days. He knows what UConn could be and knows how bad they’ve screwed things up. Played against bob diaco the year Diaco got hired while Hank was at UC and shutout UConn 41-0 and was UConn’s first shutout loss at home since the stadium was built. Got fired from Nebraska after having the 9th rush D in the country and had 7 DLineman from that team that eventually signed to an NFL team. 4 being draft picks and one being a super bowl champion with the Bucs. Has been at Penn and has had top numbers for TFL’s and Sacks. He’s proven and the best assistant that UConn could find for their team price range. Get an offensive head coach. Problems all the way back to the 2007-10 times were almost almost with the offense anyhow.

Reaction Score
Been so happy that Edsall will be stepping down. The year end retirement allows Edsall to leave with some dignity, and gives Uconn plenty of time to look for a new coach.

I say we just hire the entire staff of Coastal Carolina or SDSU. I am pretty sure Uconn has the budget to get this done. We don't need to make this thing complicated since the solution is right here.

Coastal Carolina offense looks really fun with a mix of spread and triple option from the shotgun formation.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think Sam is in a nursing home and is at least 90. Not sure he is what we need
Darn I thought the experience he would bring to the table would be a good thing

Reaction Score
Been so happy that Edsall will be stepping down. The year end retirement allows Edsall to leave with some dignity, and gives Uconn plenty of time to look for a new coach.

I say we just hire the entire staff of Coastal Carolina or SDSU. I am pretty sure Uconn has the budget to get this done. We don't need to make this thing complicated since the solution is right here.

Coastal Carolina offense looks really fun with a mix of spread and triple option from the shotgun formation.
Yeah I love how Coastal Carolina mixes it up on offense, it’s a well balanced offense. The kids seem to really love playing for their coaches

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Here’s some of the possible names I’ve seen thrown around and their current salaries where they are this season:

1. Rhett Lashlee - Miami (FL) OC - $ (not public)
2. Joe Moorhead - Oregon OC - $1.15 M
3. Will Healy - Charlotte HC - $755,000
4. Major Applewhite - South Alabama OC - $250,000
5. Sean Lewis - Kent State HC - $440,000
6. Joe Harasymiak, Minnesota Co-DC (former Maine HC) - $342,000
7. Jason Candle - Toledo HC - $1.15 M

Reaction Score
Yeah I love how Coastal Carolina mixes it up on offense, it’s a well balanced offense. The kids seem to really love playing for their coaches
Plus it is a super fun offense for fans. The Edsall system has killed any joy for football for too long. We need to get an offensive head coach for the next hire. We got the facilities to attract the right coach, and we can't afford to mess this up again.

Just hire the entire staff of Coastal Carolina if we can get it. If not, hire the whole staff of SDSU. If a coach can win at South Dakota, they can win at East Hartford.

Reaction Score
Derek Mason needs a rehab HC job.

Have just been thinking and maybe the yard can help with some info...which other which other schools have very stringent standards for football players?

Wisconsin?
Stanford?

Who else? We should target a coach from a school that understands how to work within those difficult parameters.
Why not travel right down 91 and get Tony Reno?

Reaction Score
Just throwing a name out there, how about KC Keeler, he just won another FCS championship last year at Sam Houston State. We should have hired him in 2011. He runs a spread read option offense. Imagine what he would have done with Nebrich.

Someone who wins FCS championships at two different places must be doing something right.

Reaction Score
love the hometown love for some CT and CCSU and Yale guys Wrong level - methinks

I think it will be an under the radar name who has HC and high level success on his resume recently - maybe as a coordinator. And the name in my last half hour - Dan Enos (QB and OC at Maryland). Highly successful HC at Central Michigan for 5 years with bowls. Just finished a few years at Cincinnati. Great player.

lots to watch for

But you never know who Benedict is talking to

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
What do we think Benedict’s budget will be here? $2M??

Reaction Score
Whether it's the coach at NDSU, Coastal, Louisiana, Liberty, FCS or wherever; as long as they can recruit the same caliber of QB'S here as there, we should pursue them. It's mind boggling how we've been unable to attract a blue chip. Any name from the list of their QB's would own New England and all its NIL riches.

Reaction Score
Just throwing a name out there, how about KC Keeler, he just won another FCS championship last year at Sam Houston State. We should have hired him in 2011. He runs a spread read option offense. Imagine what he would have done with Nebrich.

Someone who wins FCS championships at two different places must be doing something right.
I advocated hiring KC back then. We really missed the boat when he was at Northeast. We ended up with coach P that started the Uconn downward spiraling.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Ok, it's obvious.

Bill Braski! He once coached a girls cheerleading squad to a football State Championship in Texas! His playbook is only 1 page but it works every time. He doesn't use assistant coaches because he knows everything about football. In fact the NFL was going to call it the Braski Bowl until his family complained.

Call Bill Braski now!

Reaction Score
It’s got to be more. Head coach and all assistants. To be relevant and get the right staff it’s going to cost us money, but will be worth it. I’m thinking more like 3 million for head coach and assistants. I would like to see more like 4 million so we can get relevance back to UConn.

Reaction Score
This is the key. They need to significantly increase the budget. As we have seen, you get what you pay for.
Not always true. There are number of hungry young successful coaches from the lower levels who would love to get this opportunity, and Uconn don't have to shell out the bank to get them. I highly suggest we get someone who has been highly successful at the FCS level and go from there if we can't get anyone from FBS at a reasonable price.

If they leave after a few years, so what? It means they been successful here, and Uconn can just get another successful coach and keep on going. Cincy did it a million times, and why can't Uconn when we got better facilities and resources?

Reaction Score
Its a good question because it's not only the new head coach salary to consider but the new assistant coaches salary pool which needs to be enriched from current levels plus any buyout of existing contract (if any) from who you poach. Also I think Spanos and Giufre have two year contracts ending in 2022 - everyone else on current staff is year to year.

Reaction Score

More if he feels it is a can’t miss.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom