Who's coming to Greensboro ... as the #1 Seed (2019) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Who's coming to Greensboro ... as the #1 Seed (2019)

#1 Seed in Greensboro.... who gets it.

• Baylor

Votes: 41 36.9%
  • Miss State

Votes: 30 27.0%
  • Louisville

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • Texas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maryland

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Lower Carolina

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Other (we name names in 2018-9)

Votes: 8 7.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Maryland’s chance of being undefeated is very slim, MST would give the most a fit. Even if they manage to remain Undefeated, i will say they would not become the 3rd or 4th #1 seed.
In the poll, The Lady Turtles were dead last with only 2 votes. Brenda’s team plays in one of the weaker P5 conferences and their OOC schedule is full of cupcakes, but if they navigate a few road bumps in the BIG as well as coming out on top in the conference tournament, they have a decent chance of heading into the Big Dance undefeated.

With just about all the other top teams not located in Storrs looking like they’re going to have one or more losses, MD might just find themselves in Greensboro as the #1 seed.

Reaction Score
We were talking about the top 4 seeds.
Since they could be a no. 5/6 seed, they could be sent to Portland, and that was what I meant! They will not be a top 16 team hence not a #4 seed.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Maryland’s chance of being undefeated is very slim, MST would give the most a fit. Even if they manage to remain Undefeated, i will say they would not become the 3rd or 4th #1 seed.
Not if you look at their schedule. #5 MD has only 3 games left in the regular season vs ranked teams: at #22 MI St, at #16 Iowa, home vs #13 MN. If they survive those games, MD would certainly be the favorite and #1 seed in the conference championship.

Reaction Score
Not if you look at their schedule. #5 MD has only 3 games left in the regular season vs ranked teams: at #22 MI St, at #16 Iowa, home vs #13 MN. If they survive those games, MD would certainly be the favorite and #1 seed in the conference championship.

I would wanna be the 2 seed in Greensboro if that happened!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Im personally hoping for a 1) Miss State 2) Maryland 3) Nc State 4) Oregon State Regional here in Greensboro.

As the #1 seed in Greensboro? Really unlikely. Only if another west coast school is also a #1 seed.

Oregon could be the #1 in Portland.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Im personally hoping for a 1) Miss State 2) Maryland 3) Nc State 4) Oregon State Regional here in Greensboro.

NC State could well end up ahead of Maryland given SOS.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I wanna see some new faces .. no offense to Louisville... but I see them every year. :cool:
Geez, who knew Triad could be so temperamental! In fairness to conferences and individual team strength, UConn, ACC winner (ND?) and PAC12 winner will be #1 seeds. Only caveat is if the PAC12 beat each other up so much the winner has 4 losses. Then the battle between MSU, Baylor or #2 ACC for the 4th #1 seed. Most assuredly a top ACC team will be in Greensboro. Is this the year they put SC local provided they can right the ship and be a top team...not looking like it at the moment.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Geez, who knew Triad could be so temperamental! In fairness to conferences and individual team strength, UConn, ACC winner (ND?) and PAC12 winner will be #1 seeds. Only caveat is if the PAC12 beat each other up so much the winner has 4 losses. Then the battle between MSU, Baylor or #2 ACC for the 4th #1 seed. Most assuredly a top ACC team will be in Greensboro. Is this the year they put SC local provided they can right the ship and be a top team...not looking like it at the moment.:rolleyes:
You know OSU and UO are going to be hungry to be placed in the Portland, OR, regional. Extra motivation for both teams to play their guts out come PAC-12 play. Stanford too for that matter (being on the west coast).

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Welp....... Baylor people might wanna start looking into flights to NC

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Now i wonder if Louisville will be the #2 in Greensboro now..... I was hoping to see Miss State here.... but looks like that won't happen.... unless ... perhaps they lose to South Carolina

#tank4Greensboro

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Now i wonder if Louisville will be the #2 in Greensboro now..... I was hoping to see Miss State here.... but looks like that won't happen.... unless ... perhaps they lose to South Carolina

#tank4Greensboro
If the Gamecocks win out, they may be the 2 seed in Greensboro. Yes, I'm an eternal optimist.

Plebe

Reaction Score

#tank4Greensboro
I think Louisville is still a #1 seed (and FWIW Creme has said the same thing).

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The bigger question is who ends up being two seeds around the country.

I suspect Oregon gets a 1 seed even if the do lose one in the conference tournament and Baylor is a one seed somewhere because they breeze through a weak Big12 but the could well end up in Chi town.

With Louisville and Miss St both losing to unranked teams this week and Uconn having lost their two games, and ND and their losses ... the other two #1s and all the #2s are in play. I think Uconn ends up as the third or fourth #1 and I suspect either ND or Louisville will win out from here and get the 4th/3rd #1.

Most wide open seeding for the top two lines in a long time

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
If the Gamecocks win out, they may be the 2 seed in Greensboro. Yes, I'm an eternal optimist.

I would like to see some combination of Miss State, NC State, Oregon State, Maryland, South Carolina, Baylor. With my luck... it will be something like Louisville, Marquette, Central Florida and Arizona State Head bang

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I think Louisville is still a #1 seed (and FWIW Creme has said the same thing).
Here’s an interesting thought to ponder: right now, as the ACC standings sit, Miami is #1, ND is #2 and Louisville is #3 so Louisville and ND would meet in the semi’s!

So here’s what I ask you (and anybody else), if ND wins out and beats Louisville in these Semi’s, and MSU wins out are the #1 Seeds Baylor, Oregon, UConn and MSU?

Plebe

Reaction Score
Here’s an interesting thought to ponder: right now, as the ACC standings sit, Miami is #1, ND is #2 and Louisville is #3 so Louisville and ND would meet in the semi’s!

So here’s what I ask you (and anybody else), if ND wins out and beats Louisville in these Semi’s, and MSU wins out are the #1 Seeds Baylor, Oregon, UConn and MSU?
If ND wins out, they will overtake MSU and probably UConn as well.
I'm also not sure that Louisville drops behind UConn and MSU if they only lose to ND.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom