Who's coming to Greensboro ... as the #1 Seed (2019) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who's coming to Greensboro ... as the #1 Seed (2019)

#1 Seed in Greensboro.... who gets it.

• Baylor

Votes: 41 36.9%
  • Miss State

Votes: 30 27.0%
  • Louisville

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • Texas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maryland

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Lower Carolina

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Other (we name names in 2018-9)

Votes: 8 7.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
The committee doesnt "try" spread out conference teams -- it's actually a rule. Teams from the same conference cannot in the top 4 in the same region unless there are more than four teams from that conference in the top 16.
The committee does shoot to have regions balanced by strength. But to say that the #5 overall will be placed with the #4 is a huge oversimplification.

Take this to the bank:
1) UConn will be in Albany
2) ND will be in Chicago
3) Ore, Ore St, or possibly Stanford will be in Portland
* regardless* of seeding
Cannot leave ASU out of the running for Portland Regional. ASU is going to compete for the PAC-12 conference title this year, and/or, will greatly influence which team wins the PAC-12 conference this year.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Guess Who's Coming to Greensboro?

guesswhos.jpg

Reaction Score
Cannot leave ASU out of the running for Portland Regional. ASU is going to compete for the PAC-12 conference title this year, and/or, will greatly influence which team wins the PAC-12 conference this year.

Even if ASU wins the PAC, I don't see them going to Portland. Stanford is NoCal so it's sorta close (by Western standards), though even that's a little stretch. I don't see Ore or OreSt not ending up in Portland. And since only one PAC team can be there (unless the Pac has >4 in the top 16)....

Reaction Score
Even if ASU wins the PAC, I don't see them going to Portland. Stanford is NoCal so it's sorta close (by Western standards), though even that's a little stretch. I don't see Ore or OreSt not ending up in Portland. And since only one PAC team can be there (unless the Pac has >4 in the top 16)....
I don't see why ASU wouldn't go to Portland if they won the PAC-12 and were ranked in the top 4 at the time of the bracketing? Portland is a very PAC-12 Friendly location. ASU would absolutely want to play in Portland vs the other 3 locations which have zerro interest in supporting PAC-12 schools vs their regional schools.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I don't see why ASU wouldn't go to Portland if they won the PAC-12 and were ranked in the top 4 at the time of the bracketing? Portland is a very PAC-12 Friendly location. ASU would absolutely want to play in Portland vs the other 3 locations which have zerro interest in supporting PAC-12 schools vs their regional schools.

If Arizona State wins the Pac-12... I'll go online and buy a Sun Devil Hat, Sweatshirt, and T-shirt :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
If Arizona State wins the Pac-12... I'll go online and buy a Sun Devil Hat, Sweatshirt, and T-shirt :rolleyes:
I might join you! All seriousness aside, ASU is going to be very good, and will impact the PAC-12, either by winning the PAC-12, or, driving a dagger in the hearts of one, or more, of the contenders (Stanford, OSU, UO).

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I might join you! All seriousness aside, ASU is going to be very good, and will impact the PAC-12, either by winning the PAC-12, or, driving a dagger in the hearts of one, or more, of the contenders (Stanford, OSU, UO).
ASU might score some upsets this year, but I don't see them winning the conference or finishing in the standings ahead of those 3 you mention. But hey, I'd like to be proven wrong in this case.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
While ASU is trying to crack the top 3 in the Pac 12, they'll also be busy trying to hold off Cal, UCLA, USC etc.

Reaction Score
While ASU is trying to crack the top 3 in the Pac 12, they'll also be busy trying to hold off Cal, UCLA, USC etc.
nwhoopfan, we have a lot to look forward to in the 2018-2019 PAC-12 season this year. Those other teams you mentioned are all legit.

Reaction Score
Tougher question would have been which of these 6 wont be a #1 Seed ?

Louisville
Notre Dame
Miss State
UCONN
Baylor
Oregon

Reaction Score

ASU will not be in Portland.
Mark it down.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Tennessee.

They may indeed end up here, but not as a #1 seed.

If the stars do align... and TN ends up a #1 seed...... I'll personally drive to Knoxville.... stop at the campus bookstore.... pick up the orangest of orange Lady Vol shirt... a coonskin cap... and a stuffed dog mascot ... and drive back home singing Rocky Top while sipping orange crush soda :mad:

i can delete this post right next march right?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Guess we can eliminate Little Carolina and Texas from contention. Looking at their schedule Maryland might go undefeated

Reaction Score
Not to mention if Mississippi State beats Oregon and runs the table in the SEC, Oregon would be a potential #4 where State would get #3...right?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
They may indeed end up here, but not as a #1 seed.

If the stars do align... and TN ends up a #1 seed. I'll personally drive to Knoxville.... stop at the campus bookstore.... pick up the orangest of orange Lady Vol shirt... a coonskin cap... and a stuffed dog mascot ... and drive back home singing Rocky Top while sipping orange crush soda :mad:

i can delete this post right next march right?
OMG...I just snarfed coffee out my nose!!! That post should have come with a warning...extremely funny.

What is Charlie smoking? Tell me anyone not named Jeff Walz that thinks Louisville is a better team than Baylor???? And anyone that does, has not seen Louisville play. Durr alone can't outscore Brown, Cox, Ursin, Richardson, Chloe Jackson...

Reaction Score
Charlie Creme has Louisville as the #1 and Baylor the #2.... in Greensboro. Miss State as the #2 in Chicago

Bracketology with Charlie Creme
I cannot believe I am typing this.....I actually agree with most of what Charlie Creme has in his bracket! I am usually violently disagreeing with Charlie. I realize there will be a number of changes as Charlie publishes future brackets, so maybe I will get another shot to violently disagree :p

Reaction Score
maryland would cry foul as they have frequented as the bridesmaid in uconn’s Region .
Right now I have the following in regionals. I know it's early, but oh well.....

If the 1 seeds are as follows: ND/Oregon/Baylor/UCONN

Albany:
1. UCONN
2. Mississippi State
3. Maryland
4. DePaul

Greensboro:
1. Baylor
2. Louisville
3. Oregon State/Stanford
4. South Carolina

Chicago:
1. Notre Dame
2.Oregon State/Stanford(whoever is second in the Pac-12)
3. Missouri
4. USF

Portland:
1. Oregon
2. Texas
3.Georgia
4. (B1G 2nd place or ACC 3rd place team)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
In the poll, The Lady Turtles were dead last with only 2 votes. Brenda’s team plays in one of the weaker P5 conferences and their OOC schedule is full of cupcakes, but if they navigate a few road bumps in the BIG as well as coming out on top in the conference tournament, they have a decent chance of heading into the Big Dance undefeated.

With just about all the other top teams not located in Storrs looking like they’re going to have one or more losses, MD might just find themselves in Greensboro as the #1 seed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom