Who's coming to Greensboro ... as the #1 Seed (2019) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Who's coming to Greensboro ... as the #1 Seed (2019)

#1 Seed in Greensboro.... who gets it.

• Baylor

Votes: 41 36.9%
  • Miss State

Votes: 30 27.0%
  • Louisville

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • Texas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maryland

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Lower Carolina

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Other (we name names in 2018-9)

Votes: 8 7.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
If ND wins out, they will overtake MSU and probably UConn as well.
I'm also not sure that Louisville drops behind UConn and MSU if they only lose to ND.
I don't think the ACC can get two 1 seeds anymore. Louisville or ND would probably be number 3 overall if they win out, with the other falling to 5 or 6. Louisville in particular doesn't have that much on the resume besides the win over UConn, and now they have a home loss. If they lose another I think they fall below UConn and end up in Albany or Portland.

My question is whether Baylor and Oregon are now in a position to absorb a hypothetical loss and still keep a top seed. I think yes, but I'd rather not put that to the test.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I don't think the ACC can get two 1 seeds anymore. Louisville or ND would probably be number 3 overall if they win out, with the other falling to 5 or 6. Louisville in particular doesn't have that much on the resume besides the win over UConn, and now they have a home loss. If they lose another I think they fall below UConn and end up in Albany or Portland.
If you don't think Louisville has much on its resume other than the UConn win, I wonder what you think of UConn's resume other than the ND win, or MSU's resume *period*.

Louisville has 11 top 50 wins, which is a lot more than MSU or UConn have. If Louisville loses to no one other than ND from here on out, they'll have the clear edge in quality wins over both MSU and UConn. I think they would stay ahead of MSU, whose best win will have been over SC, and whether they would be ahead of UConn is very much up for debate.

Reaction Score
If you don't think Louisville has much on its resume other than the UConn win, I wonder what you think of UConn's resume other than the ND win, or MSU's resume *period*.

Louisville has 11 top 50 wins, which is a lot more than MSU or UConn have. If Louisville loses to no one other than ND from here on out, they'll have the clear edge in quality wins over both MSU and UConn. I think they would stay ahead of MSU, whose best win will have been over SC, and whether they would be ahead of UConn is very much up for debate.
Well if they lose one more, then UConn absolutely will be ranked ahead of them. UConn will end up being the only team with a top 5 road win among those on the 1-line. Winning away from home & on nuetral courts is something the committee looks at, also.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Well if they lose one more, then UConn absolutely will be ranked ahead of them. UConn will end up being the only team with a top 5 road win among those on the 1-line. Winning away from home & on nuetral courts is something the committee looks at, also.
Yes, that is one data point the committee will look at, but not at the expense of everything else.
UConn will probably have 7 top 50 wins, whereas Louisville will likely have at least 12.
The committee also may consider the head to head, which Louisville would have over UConn.

Reaction Score
-----------------------------------------------------------------
My question is whether Baylor and Oregon are now in a position to absorb a hypothetical loss and still keep a top seed. I think yes, but I'd rather not put that to the test.
Oregon is in a better position to absorb a loss and actually more likely to do so. They have one more game against Oregon St and the tourney left with more highly rated teams to contest against than Baylor would have. Baylor, except for some fluke , should end up with no more losses. Who is left on their schedule that presents any sort of threat to beat them? No one really.

Reaction Score
Oregon is in a better position to absorb a loss and actually more likely to do so. They have one more game against Oregon St and the tourney left with more highly rated teams to contest against than Baylor would have. Baylor, except for some fluke , should end up with no more losses. Who is left on their schedule that presents any sort of threat to beat them? No one really.
Baylor is also the number 1 seed with the worst resume. They probably will be the 1st number 1 to lose in the NCAA tourney.

Reaction Score
So UConn is definitely a 1 seed now with Miss St and Louisville both losing..Baylor, Oregon, UConn and who?

Reaction Score
Baylor is also the number 1 seed with the worst resume. They probably will be the 1st number 1 to lose in the NCAA tourney.
Baylor has the 6th best strength of schedule, and only Louisville is currently higher among projected 1 seeds.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Iowa State is known as a difficult place to win. Although Texas did win there earlier...

Reaction Score
Iowa State is known as a difficult place to win. Although Texas did win there earlier...
That's the only one that really concerns me. Iowa State is the type of team that could get hot and shoot like 65% from 3. An Iowa State win would go along way towards them hosting the first 2 rounds, so I expect their best shot.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
If Baylor does end up in Greensboro.... some of the Bear fans should bring a kind fella a few pounds of Texas Brisket. In return... Ill promise to root for yall :cool:

Reaction Score
Yes, that is one data point the committee will look at, but not at the expense of everything else.
UConn will probably have 7 top 50 wins, whereas Louisville will likely have at least 12.
The committee also may consider the head to head, which Louisville would have over UConn.
Well looks like they already moved ahead of them. I could see them jumping UConn again, though if they win the ACC tournament. UConn now safe as a 1 seed, barring something crazy happening.

Reaction Score
So UConn is definitely a 1 seed now with Miss St and Louisville both losing..Baylor, Oregon, UConn and who?
Whoever wins the ACC tournament if its between ND or Louisville. Unless, ND loses again tonight. What a crazy year!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Whoever wins the ACC tournament if its between ND or Louisville. Unless, ND loses again tonight. What a crazy year!

ND ain't losing tonight. If state beats them, I'll drive to Raleigh... Buy a red state t-shirt... And a half pound cheese burger, fries, Dr pepper and a apple pie from Char-Grill.

Reaction Score
The picture is getting clearer now. Baylor and Oregon will be the top 2 seeds if they hold serve (fingers crossed). The next 2 will be UConn and Notre Dame/Louisville in some order. The ACC loser will get sent to Albany and play UConn, with the ACC winner facing Mississippi State, probably in Chicago.

All of this assumes the NCAA doesn't do something dumb. I really shouldn't make that assumption, should I?

Reaction Score
CRAZY year! I just feel like this year is the year of heart, fight, effort, and battle. Whoever shows up to play in March will win. Every team has struggled with playing consistently this year. This will be the first time in four or five years that UConn isn’t the #1 overall seed. The Notre Dame losses are surprising to me, because imo, they are one of the most talented teams in the country and they’re all veterans. I thought it was going to be very hard for anybody to beat them and that hasn’t been the case.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
ND ain't losing tonight. If state beats them, I'll drive to Raleigh... Buy a red state t-shirt... And a half pound cheese burger, fries, Dr pepper and a apple pie from Char-Grill.

I want that in writing, signed in blood...and don't forget to get me a Steak Sandwich at the Char Grill. I used to eat at that place four to five nights a week for a while in my late college years.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Right now I have the following in regionals. I know it's early, but oh well.....

If the 1 seeds are as follows: ND/Oregon/Baylor/UCONN

Albany:
1. UCONN
2. Mississippi State
3. Maryland
4. DePaul

Greensboro:
1. Baylor
2. Louisville
3. Oregon State/Stanford
4. South Carolina

Chicago:
1. Notre Dame
2.Oregon State/Stanford(whoever is second in the Pac-12)
3. Missouri
4. USF

Portland:
1. Oregon
2. Texas
3.Georgia
4. (B1G 2nd place or ACC 3rd place team)
I wouldn't mind Baylor and Louisville being in the same region since that means that we will only need to face one of them.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I want that in writing, signed in blood...and don't forget to get me a Steak Sandwich at the Char Grill. I used to eat at that place four to five nights a week for a while in my late college years.

Never been to one in Raleigh... they used to have one in South Durham that I would go to after every Sunday Duke game I attended. Broke my heart when they closed up shop :(

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Welcome to Greensboro Baylor...... looks like a done deal pretty much.

Feel free to bring some chicken fried steaks with white gravy and those lumpy mashed potatoes and drop them off to your friendly Duke fan (me) :D

Reaction Score
Wow. Three of the teams in the poll are a #1. Has been a wacky season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom