Whoaaa Mama | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Whoaaa Mama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
People can generally box jump about 20" to 24" more than their standing vertical leap (more if you are tall and flexible, less if you are short and inflexible). Kwintin should be able to box jump about 68" or almost Alterique's height if his 44" vertical is true. Our players look to be box-jumping no more than 48" which is consistent with a 24" to 28" vertical leap which is good but not outstanding. Looks like Carlos made this one a bit challenging but with little risk of failure, which is the right approach to box jumping.

#fakenews

Reaction Score
Looking forward to Diarra. I'm hoping more than anything that he is just healthy and can contribute to our front court this year. If he's great, great. If not, I'll take pretty good. Or even decent. If we can rotate a bunch of bodies through the 4 and 5 and get production from them then yay!

C

Chief00

lol Travis would have been so much more popular if he had simply posted videos to instagram.

It would have been guys lounging around pretending to listen to his academic theories on stretching and all the negatives around using free weights, etc.

That's ok I never saw that video.

Reaction Score
I am only good for heights of players with my mau-surements however I believe I can box jump too. Just tried it on my new Nike golf shoes box, easy stuff. Of course the box is a shambles.
Since I have a 4" vertical ( not be horizontal at my age is the goal)
When I went to the gym , inspired by your post. I set the stepper machine to 24 inchs, and said to myself are you crazy you could hurt the remaining parts of your body that don't already hurt.
I just walked the track instead.

Reaction Score
serious question: having never done this box jump before, what happens when you come up 1/2 inch short?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
serious question: having never done this box jump before, what happens when you come up 1/2 inch short?

Face plant. But it's soft.

Though for a super tall guy, I could see a head over heels situation if the box itself isn't long enough. Carlos probably has that sorted.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
a 24" to 28" vertical leap which is good but not outstanding.
Seems low to me. My daughter's standing vert was 22" as a soph in HS. I have to believe that these guys are doing much better than that.

pj

Reaction Score
Seems low to me. My daughter's standing vert was 22" as a soph in HS. I have to believe that these guys are doing much better than that.

Test how high she can box jump. It will probably be over 40" if she still has a 22" vertical.

Even if the box is below the maximum height they can do, it's still a good workout to do a set of jumps.

C

Chief00

My motivational video:

Imagine if Bunkey2 ever did this during a timeout at Gampel with recruits in the stands. The place would absolutely be rocking and not having First Night would be almost immediately forgotten by the casual fans.

Reaction Score
My motivational video:

Imagine if Bunkey2 ever did this during a timeout at Gampel with recruits in the stands. The place would absolutely be rocking and not having First Night would be almost immediately forgotten by the casual fans.

30 year old Grown man with children, Chief.

Reaction Score
Just when I think this guy could not be any more cringeworthy.

This kid would have you locked up if he knew you were this obsessed with him. It's embarrassing for the board to have your crush play out like this, and do you know how difficult it is to embarrass this crowd?

pj

Reaction Score
My motivational video:

Maybe Susan Herbst could moonlight as his dance partner. He could teach her the Bunkey shuffle and she could teach him the Lamb Shake.

C

Chief00

Just when I think this guy could not be any more cringeworthy.

This kid would have you locked up if he knew you were this obsessed with him. It's embarrassing for the board to have your crush play out like this, and do you know how difficult it is to embarrass this crowd?
It's all good we're friends - besides he loves attention! Are you kidding me?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
It's all good we're friends - besides he loves attention! Are you kidding me?
How much do you suggest we pay him? Does he get a job on the staff? What's the title of his position? Official party host of UConn athletics?

Reaction Score
How much do you suggest we pay him? Does he get a job on the staff? What's the title of his position? Official party host of UConn athletics?
Doubt we could afford someone as powerful and influential as Bunky. I imagine all the stars want to be around him. With how singlehandedly successful he was at UConn He must be pulling down 7 figures somewhere by now.

Reaction Score
My motivational video:

You've been crushing on this dude for a couple years now. It's somehow getting even creepier lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom