Who y'all rooting for: Stanford or Tennessee? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Who y'all rooting for: Stanford or Tennessee?

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
I’m going with Stanford. Tennessee has NOT defended the 3 ball well at all this season and with a team like Stanford, equals a recipe for disaster.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I always root the the lower seeded team ( AP poll), except
when they play UCONN. So... I go for TENN. If
Tenn becomes ranked above Stanford my opinion
changes. The theory : the more losses higher seeds
have the better for UCONN seeding for the NCAA
tournament.
i think that u just answered the eternal question- the difference between a non casual fan, 'one who follows games of other teams only from a rooting interest for their team,' and a casual fan, 'one who doesn't do that.'

deep. rosetta stone stuff. get out the tux, the nobels are calling. kudos.

Reaction Score
We better not be rooting for Stanford going forward because when they get Betts they will launch right into the conversation for #1 team all over again.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
No one does.

Throw in a checkerboard pattern and you’ve got Crimes Against Humanity.
Hope I don't get into trouble with this but one of my neighbors wore an orange bikini and it rocked!

On the other hand, during college I cooked for Howard Johnsons restaurants, and yes, the checkerboard uniforms the waitresses had to wear were exactly a CAH.

Reaction Score
Stanford should be the better team. But I can't root for them for 2 reasons mentioned by others: 1 - a loss by Stanford should help to increase UConn seeding because UConn does not play Stanford. 2 - a loss gets Geno a bit closer in the race for the most career wins. Tenn on the other hand is someone UConn plays later so a win would increase UConn's SOS. And of course it is Tenn :D. I will just watch and smile as I know someone will lose and make me happy :).

sun

Reaction Score
Tennessee isn't that good to continue to remain undefeated.
They fact that we're both tied in the AP rankings and they may pass us in the next poll is just another reason why I hope they lose to Stanford.
Tennessee needs to lose to go down in the poll and UConn needs to win to move ahead of them to #6.

Last edited:

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
They fact that we're both tied in the AP rankings and they may pass us in the next poll is just another reason why I hope they lose to Stanford.
Tennessee needs to lose to go down in the poll and UConn needs to win to move ahead of them to #6.
The one thing I'll say is they did what we couldn't do and beat Texas and USF. I suspect we matched up more poorly with both teams than TN did in terms of our styles of play and our team weaknesses. But regardless, at least by the transitive property, it's hard to argue they are not at least as good as we are, and we're ranked a (rather generous, IMHO) #3 vs. their undefeated #7!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Polls are for fans to talk about only. They have no bearing on seeding for the NCAA tournament.

sun

Reaction Score
Polls are for fans to talk about only. They have no bearing on seeding for the NCAA tournament.
It's not about the Tourney, but it does reflect the opinion of sports writers about which teams are currently the best in the nation.
That perception can affect how fans and players view the relative strength of the UConn program.
It doesn't hurt for UConn to be ranked higher than lower since reputations are on the line, of the coaches & players, and even students and fans pay some attention to it.
Even if it only serves to motivate players, it's still a factor that can have psychological effects.

Reaction Score
I think Stanford is the better team, and I expect them to win. Having said that, and I know this is heresy, I think the Tennessee hatred on our board is beginning to wear a bit thin. It is rooted in ancient history, no longer really relevant, and their return to prominence is very good for the game. Kellie Harper is extremely appealing, and, if one were to judge objectively, is doing a terrific job, unlike her pathetic predecessor. "Hating" certain programs is great for sports. But, there exists so much legitimate reason to hate Notre Dame (and, especially their fans!), why waste the energy on the likes of Tennessee?

Reaction Score
I think Stanford is the better team, and I expect them to win. Having said that, and I know this is heresy, I think the Tennessee hatred on our board is beginning to wear a bit thin. It is rooted in ancient history, no longer really relevant, and their return to prominence is very good for the game. Kellie Harper is extremely appealing, and, if one were to judge objectively, is doing a terrific job, unlike her pathetic predecessor. "Hating" certain programs is great for sports. But, there exists so much legitimate reason to hate Notre Dame (and, especially their fans!), why waste the energy on the likes of Tennessee?
I previously thought it was ancient history too. I’m a newer UConn fan and so I learned about the Tennessee rivalry history that started in 1995. I thought the rivalry was dead for years after the series got cancelled. Then I followed a bunch of basketball related accounts on social media and I saw Tennessee fans still spewing hate about anything UConn related..Geno, Paige, rankings, media coverage, you name it and Tenn fans had a problem. It surprised me but I’ve seen enough of that from them that I’ve very quickly developed a deep dislike for Tenn.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
My answer to to OQ...no!!!!

Reaction Score
Umm I’m watching the game and I went to get a beer.
Stanford was up by 20 and right now they are up by only 4.
Am I in the middle of a nightmare or a TV beer commercial?
I desperately hope it’s the latter

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The Rebels have been repulsed. 11 points 43 seconds. Yeah defeat is theoretically possible.

Reaction Score
I said I was rooting for TN but as far as them losing:

7603a34e-ffaf-43ad-9a9b-e80b8eb67005_text.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01