Who would you ...? | The Boneyard

Who would you ...?

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Watching the UCLA game, I was very impressed with Canada. I saw some gaps/lapses in her game and wondered how good could she be if she had selected to play at UConn.

That started me thinking. If you could pick one NCAA player to add to the team, who would it be? Base your reasons on talent, attitude:chemistry, etc.

Thanks

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Canada is a great player and her post game interview was spot on in. She's a smart player who will only continue to grow in her game. I was very impressed by her.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
She manifestly had the attitude (wrong) that she (alone) could fix all ills.
Resulted in poor shots and misguided passes.
Lots and lots of talent.
Geno would have learned her some....had she been at UConn.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I wouldn't want to see anyone added to the team at this point and time. I think we have exactly the players we need to be the heavy favorite to win it all both this season and next.

Having said that, we could sure use a freshman version of A'ja Wilson. Here's hoping that Olivia will become such a player.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Watching the UCLA game, I was very impressed with Canada. I saw some gaps/lapses in her game and wondered how good could she be if she had selected to play at UConn.

That started me thinking. If you could pick one NCAA player to add to the team, who would it be? Base your reasons on talent, attitude:chemistry, etc.

Thanks

A'ja Wilson. She's an All-American that would solve and eliminate all of UConn's post player concerns. She'd be a double-double contributor every game.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
IMO if you surround Canada or Wilson with UConns roster they could relax and not have all the burden put on their shoulders. They would excel and become even better. When the NCAAs come around and the pressure is on UCLA will depend on Canada and SC will depend on Wilson and if they have an off game their teams could loose. You need more then one dominate player to make the FF and win.

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
IMO if you surround Canada or Wilson with UConns roster they could relax and not have all the burden put on their shoulders. They would excel and become even better. When the NCAAs come around and the pressure is on UCLA will depend on Canada and SC will depend on Wilson and if they have an off game their teams could loose. You need more then one dominate player to make the FF and win.

It's so true of many other teams . A player or two who feel that they have to carry their team on their shoulders.

At UConn, the team carries itself. If one player is having a bad game, the rest of the team picks up the slack. There's almost never a game when one player has to "carry" the team. Check the "Badass" awards and you'll see someone different for almost every game, a sure sign that for every game someone on the roster steps up.

Reaction Score

McCarty of Texas, I love her game. Better than Canada, who is a very good player--against anyone other than Uconn. But for me to choose ANY PG over Danger is just STUPID. What's stupid is: Danger proved against Canada (a senior) that she can more than hold her own, often better her highly prized opponents.
Guess I'll stay with the 13 we have---some are taller, wider, younger, older, play more--but one for one--not one I would trade for those on or off the Uconn bench.
I'm afflicted with the roaming (WBB) eye, shame on me. And I don't always speak in glowing terms of our bench--I can't name one I don't really like.
Yep all keepers!! Tell Christine I approve---I tried to tell Geno--he won't listen.

Reaction Score
Absolutely except that she would negatively effect Pheesa and Gabby in spacing. Last year Wilson was much less effective with Coates than when she had the middle to h:
I like her, she showed Geno graditude, she's a talented player. Negatives: Does not play for Uconn. Plays too much on the perimeter. Tends to try too hard to win games singlehandly. THEN---with a full roster , who goes:?? Gabby?, Kia?, Walker? Katie Lou (I'm disgusting), any on the bench? \

Bags, all you say has nothing it with which to disagree. I too think shes great. But I like what we have.

Reaction Score
You are right about Canada, I'm not certain on A'ja. Hedging a bit on Canada; whether she felt she had to "carry the team" (my first thoughts) or whether she wants to be in on every scoring. Obviously Uconn these past 30 years has spoiled me, UCLA and Canada's ball movement was not a highlight.
Your point of single player dependence is straight on--but with UCLA they have players, if given the chance, who could make life miserable for opponents, the Aussie and Billings and others. Jordin does not have to be everything to everyone. Yet both of whom you speak are skilled and most likely go high in the draft.

Reaction Score
Morgan William and she would sit at the far end of the bench and maybe do the 3 PT high fives, but probably not. (Tongue in cheek.)
Oh, how I detested that little stinker. For about a week. Morgan is much more of a talent than I realized. The nick name "itty-bitty" does not describe Morgans talent. If one gets past her diminutive size and sees past that; this young lady is a REAL talent. No bench sitter she.

Reaction Score
She manifestly had the attitude (wrong) that she (alone) could fix all ills.
Resulted in poor shots and misguided passes.
Lots and lots of talent.
Geno would have learned her some....had she been at UConn.

Canada is a Senior, I think, so if she can't be learned----whose responsible for her learning. If her coach can't learn her dern her, who can?
The kid had a class comment on Geno and the loss--raised her rating in my opinion.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't want to see anyone added to the team at this point and time. I think we have exactly the players we need to be the heavy favorite to win it all both this season and next.

Having said that, we could sure use a freshman version of A'ja Wilson. Here's hoping that Olivia will become such a player.
Your first two sentence are truth and accuracy. Look at Walker, Look at Z, Look at Kate Lou, Napheesa, and some on the bench--who would you trade for A'ja?? We have ONO, maybe less than A'ja, maybe more--and then who knows by years end---maybe C. Collier will opt out of Texas or another Big will flop on the Uconn band wagon---winners like winners. ( I couldn't resist the CC comment)

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Oh, how I detested that little stinker. For about a week. Morgan is much more of a talent than I realized. The nick name "itty-bitty" does not describe Morgans talent. If one gets past her diminutive size and sees past that; this young lady is a REAL talent. No bench sitter she.
I have trouble thinking that she is an above average player. I have only seen her play in a few games, probably 5 or 6, so that might be a poor reason to judge her. In most of the games, if she didn't have the ball in her hands after bringing the ball up, she seemed to stay as far away from the ball as she could. Then if the player with the ball noticed her she would get the ball and take the shot. Plus in these games, most of the teams slacked way off of her. I think this was similar to how she played in the NC game. But what she did in the Baylor game, when it seemed like they had no clue on how to stop her, and of course the UConn game have defined her basketball abilities. IMO.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Interesting note about Canada. As i was watching the game it had me reminiscing about Moriah Jefferson. When she started and UCONN GA and staff talked about how she played too fast and the coaches were trying to teach her to play with pace. Moriah was vastly different her junior/senior year thanks in large part of the coaches. I think had she gone somewhere other than UCONN she may have played at that fast pace all 4 years like Canada does currently. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a huge fan of Canada and watch a lot of PAC-12 games but i find sometimes she tries to do too much.

Now, to answer the question?? Probably Wilson or Billings. However if we had one of them would Gabby had turned out the way she did?? I’m happy with how our team turned out. :)

Reaction Score
Absolutely except that she would negatively effect Pheesa and Gabby in spacing. Last year Wilson was much less effective with Coates than when she had the middle to herself Even though it screws up the backcourt, I'd take Ianescu

starting to wonder if AS is having that same effect to a smaller degree...........clearly having a dominant post player is more of a positive then a negative but it does take time to correct spacing issues as UConn is finding out

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom