Who would you ...? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Who would you ...?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Because the "talent cup" at UConn truly runneth over, I, like others, do not covet any other team's players to add to the current mix...as well as to the minutes distribution dilemma Geno already faces, especially once Lou and Batouley return to health. Having said that, if I were forced to pick just one, and because I love WCBB players that bring a certain attitude, and a certain swagger, I'd go for that Slocum kid that Brenda lost to Oregon State. She's a handful!!

With Crystal cementing the PG slot, not thanks. My first thought was Ionescu but I removed it from my mind for the same reason.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
With Crystal cementing the PG slot, not thanks. My first thought was Ionescu but I removed it from my mind for the same reason.
Don't talk your self out of a good idea so fast. Ionescu can play off the ball and occasionally handle and bridge Kia Nurse for two more years.

Reaction Score
All of you doubting Wilson would be singing her praises if “we” had her. Don’t over analyze. Geno was recruiting her for a reason. He knows best.
The suggestion that because Geno was recruiting Wilson that she would have been awesome for the Huskies is not necessarily accurate. Geno and CD have recruited players that arrived in Storrs and didn't work out nearly as well as they would have liked. It's pretty presumption to think they haven't had misfires. As has been mentioned, she and Coates didn't work as well on the frontline as their "talent level" would have suggested they would.

Reaction Score
Kelsey Mitchell? The Carmelo Anthony of WCBB? The ball stops when it reaches her hands and everyone else just watches. She is a big no in my book. Not doubting her scoring talent but she is not a good fit.
Couldn't agree more. She plays far too selfishly and out of control for me.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Based on her play at George Mason, I would nominate Natalie Butler. If she were still in Storrs, she would be #7 in the depth chart and Megan Walker would be #8. Even with Lou and Batouly injured, foul trouble for Gabby or Azura would not give us or Geno heartburn. I think that her stats, at least on a per-minute basis, would be as good for UConn as they have been for George Mason.

I do realize that her decision to leave had essentially nothing to do with basketball, so none of this would have changed her decision even if she could have predicted it.

Reaction Score
The suggestion that because Geno was recruiting Wilson that she would have been awesome for the Huskies is not necessarily accurate. Geno and CD have recruited players that arrived in Storrs and didn't work out nearly as well as they would have liked. It's pretty presumption to think they haven't had misfires. As has been mentioned, she and Coates didn't work as well on the frontline as their "talent level" would have suggested they would.
My opinion, Coates talent level is subpar. Wilson is a BEAST!

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
There is one player that when I watch her her game screams UCONN-Megan Gustafson of Iowa. She a mobile big, solidly built, finishes on the block on offense and defends the low post very well.

Well done, Coco. You beat me to it in mentioning Megan. Lisa Bluder’s players are unselfish, and (usually) they are good shooters who are willing to play energetic defense.

Reaction Score
Well done, Coco. You beat me to it in mentioning Megan. Lisa Bluder’s players are unselfish, and (usually) they are good shooters who are willing to play energetic defense.
How did Geno miss her? Was she ever on the radar?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom