Who will you be rooting for on Tuesday? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who will you be rooting for on Tuesday?

Which team will you root for in the NCAA WCBB Final?

• Baylor

Votes: 37 59.7%
  • Notre Dame

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Neither

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Won't be watching

Votes: 5 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I'll happily and vocally be rooting for Baylor to DESTROY Notre Dame!

I've got no problems with Baylor whatsoever and admire what a gritty, tough competitor Sims is. Stanford was my 2nd choice after UConn, but now it's all about Da Bears! Besides, I'm also rooting for DaddyChoc to win the Boneyard bracket and he's got Baylor. ;)

If y'all hear someone yelling "It must suck to be Notre Dame" after they lose tonight, that'll be me and I won't try to deny it! :cool:
and I thank you Sir...

I prefer & expect Baylor to win it all... but not so happy about the 40-0 record they will own

Reaction Score
Don't like Baylor, but I HATE ND...cocky, arrogant, entitled. It will bother me that someone has an undefeated season with one more game than us, but as someone said, the thought of ND hoisting the trophy would be nauseating to me. A few years ago, I too would have rooted for a fellow BE team...not anymore. Not even sure I'll watch the whole game, but I'll be in at the end to see the dreams of ND crushed.
But I'm not bitter...

Reaction Score
You like nd. I don't. It is as simple as that, nothing to understand. I ended up hating my first boyfriend, and he has been married for 35 years. Go figure.

Maybe you wouldn't hate him if he wasn't married. :)

Reaction Score
I want Baylor, I don't want the strory line next year being Griner trying to get her first NC.

The 40-0 vs. 39-0 is trivial, so they played another game, no big deal.

Reaction Score
I want Baylor to embarrass Notre Dame in historic fashion. I would like to see Peters foul out, followed in short order by Novosel, Mallory, and Diggins. I would like to see them all pouting on the bench and Muffet's face screwed up in consternation.

I don't think that's asking for much.

Reaction Score
I'm hoping ND wins because ...

Root for the Big East team that's still in;

Root for the team that beat us so if they win, we lost to the eventual winners;

Tired of Griner-vision hoopla.

Reaction Score
You like nd. I don't. It is as simple as that, nothing to understand. I ended up hating my first boyfriend, and he has been married for 35 years. Go figure.
To the same person?

wes33

Revels in Blue Devils
Reaction Score
Hate is a word this board will soon detest, with all the talent you have coming it will be very prominent on other boards aimed at you. Some time it is hard not to let envy steal your pleasures.

Reaction Score
I voted neither.......just hoping for a great game. Griner and Sims are great players and ND is Big East.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
ND can't lose often enough. Even though Diggins is way too whiney for a kid with her ability, it has nothing to do with the kids or McGraw. ND as an institution really has no loyalty to the BE and I see no reason to root for them just because some of their teams are in the BE. Their football program as lousy as it's been for several of the years during the past 20, could easily have saved the league from the fits it has been going through by adding to the league the only sport of theirs that matters to the world . If every other BE sport of theirs were to disappear, nobody would notice except for those who pay attention to the little niches like basketball and soccer. And their women's basketball team is living off being in the BE with UConn.

Reaction Score
Having watched ND football for years and watching the some legendary BB games with UCLA, I have been a fan for a long time. However with this current edition of the WBB team I find it difficult at best to root for them. In fact, I would almost root for any ACC, SEC, MAC, A-10 or nearly anybody else. They are a team that is comprised of good athletes and basketball players but players that are impossible to like. They whine on cue and have ridiculoulsy bad attitudes when things go against them. As for Muffet, she may be a good person and coach but she has handed the keys to the program to a bunch of spoiled houligans. Even if they pull the upset, it is a team that I could never admire.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I'm hoping ND wins because ...

Root for the Big East team that's still in;

Root for the team that beat us so if they win, we lost to the eventual winners;

Tired of Griner-vision hoopla.

I can understand that. The first time I saw the "Maya-cam" I was incredibly irritated with ESPN for making one player bigger than the game itself. Maya was a joy to watch and as a WBB fan I knew how to locate her on the screen and watch her move within the offense. So I can understand how the rest of the county gets irritated with "Griner-vision." Just let the players play the game and let the fans enjoy watching the entire game without having a single player forced in our faces.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Hate is a word this board will soon detest, with all the talent you have coming it will be very prominent on other boards aimed at you. Some time it is hard not to let envy steal your pleasures.

I would root for any other BE team, including RU. Obviously there are people who don't like UConn either because of our success or because of our coach, or both. ND has a terrific team, but my attitude is toward the arrogance of their athletic program based on a football tradition of winning that is now a distant memory but still affords them a strange place in the public imagination and lots of money for them and NBC. It's a place that would have saved the BE from its current contortions had the institution given back that which it has so willingly taken in the form of security for its other teams with no value added to the league that any other major school could have provided. Go Baylor, for whom I have no interest except that they are playing ND.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I have no idea right now. But when I begin watching a game that doesn't involve my team I rarely remain neutral. I typically find myself pulling for one of the teams. I like Muffet more than Mulkey, but I like Griner more than any of the ND players.

Reaction Score
ND is quickly becoming one of my least favorite teams in the country! Can't wait until we pound them next year.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I gotta' go for the Big East team even though it's not who I think will win the game.
I don't understand all the hate for ND here though. Is it because they had a good year against UConn? Diggens? Novosel? Personally, I like the coach, I like the team, I like the players and I like their style of play.

I have not cared for ND out of the gate. I have always found this team, and their coach a bunch of spoiled whiners with an overdeveloped sense of entitlement.

It's not just this year, it goes way, way back. I remember a presser after UConn mashed ND to a pulp - maybe it was a BE tourney, and McGraw was carrying on about what how good they (nd) were, despite the VERy lobsided score. I found it to be quite a bit of inappropriate overkill. To her credit, she has put together championship teams, but I can't shake that impression that if things weren't going her way, she would just start in again crying about how good they are.

diggins reminds me a bit of Parker who stepped it up only when needed. Diggens turns it on and off, too, once to her detriment in the big east title game: too little too late.

Nd won in overtime, a game that Uconn came close to winning in regulation. Nd has "superstars" in diggens, peters, novasel and struggled against UConn in a "rebuilding" year with no AA. Ho hum. In my book, this makes them not a great team.

For me, it's Baylor all the way tonight. And BG? You go girl! Take it to the hole and slam that sucker down hard in nd's face!!

UConn will be back to take you folks on next year...and may the best team win!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I'm rooting for Baylor tonight. To win big and convincingly -- converting the oversized headband into a perfectly sized crying towel.

That is deserving of a big LOL

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'm rooting for Baylor - I don't care for this particular Notre Dame team.

But beyond that, Griner is a great player and great players with titles on their resumes are beyond arguments to the contrary. (e.g. If she was so great, how come she never won a title?) With an undefeated year, title, etc., that's all put to bed.

And this is just a strange reason and I will probably (perhaps rightfully) be criticized for it - I actually feel bad for Griner in certain ways. It cannot be easy being 6'10" and I'm sure she has heard more than her share of whispers about her height, her looks, her voice. I'd like to see her win.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I'm rooting for Baylor - I don't care for this particular Notre Dame team.

But beyond that, Griner is a great player and great players with titles on their resumes are beyond arguments to the contrary. (e.g. If she was so great, how come she never won a title?) With an undefeated year, title, etc., that's all put to bed.

And this is just a strange reason and I will probably (perhaps rightfully) be criticized for it - I actually feel bad for Griner in certain ways. It cannot be easy being 6'10" and I'm sure she has heard more than her share of whispers about her height, her looks, her voice. I'd like to see her win.
+1

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I'm rooting for Baylor - I don't care for this particular Notre Da

In every crowd there's at least one soft-brained guy who bleeds for the unfair whispers aimed at a very tall girl with an an usually deep voice who can jump out of the gym. But I would never criticize you for it because I would lose my membership in the ADA. I would like to see her team win, she score 50 points and grab 25 boards with 17 blocks and then decide to sign early with a European team for a fortune.

By the way, regarding those whispers, they would be quieted in a hurry were she on the Olympic team, given the kinds of testing done for the Olympic athletes. I'm not sure they are done for other international events.

Reaction Score
I like Baylor. Not just "in comparison", I just like them. I like their coach, I like most of their players, particularly their role players. Any team that combines a top PG and a dominating C can be a fun team to watch. They didn't look their greatest in the semis because the Tree has an endless supply of trees to run out at Griner, but ND just has two, one foul prone and the other not terribly mobile, so Brit can showcase herself under the game's biggest spotlight of the year. And I can't stand glockenspiels.

(Odd trivia fact: the first public performance of the Notre Dame Victory March was in a Congregational Church.)

Reaction Score
Leaning towards ND.

(1) Big East
(2) Ending the Baylor winning streak. The only thing stopping Baylor from a 80+ game winning streak is tonight and next year's matchup(s) with UConn. I don't see anyone else seriously challenging them.

Reaction Score
To the same person?
Yes, to the same person. Honestly don't know what she saw in him, or still does for that matter. Just goes to show, there is someone out there for everyone. I have been married for going on 30 years to the same person, and sometimes I wonder....why? LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom