Who Will Be The First | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who Will Be The First

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
OK, since I'm typically an optimist with the coaches, I will be the first.

Zach Frazer's UConn Huskies put up 45 points against Cincy when Diaco was Cincy's DC in 2009.

Ironically, a week later they put up 33 points against ND thereby ushering out the staff that Diaco and company replaced.

One data point. Gotta look at the whole body of work

Reaction Score
Once again the Boneyard was ignored, there has been very little Boneyard chatter about this guy

Can't tell if this is sarcasm, a complaint, or just an observation.

Do you actually believe Warde should have been referring to the boneyard for advice while finding the next coach?

Reaction Score
Can't tell if this is sarcasm, a complaint, or just an observation.

Do you actually believe Warde should have been referring to the boneyard for advice while finding the next coach?

Just an observation. I point it out because last time around we would have been better off with a Boneyard pick. Nobody in this forum was hoping for P last time around.

Reaction Score
You are hard to figure out lately. I thought at first you were tongue in cheek and then sounded serious. No matter what his plan is, it won't mean squat until the games.

We got a big name, with lots of experience who can recruit and looks to be a players coach. If you can't enjoy the moment now when can you. :cool:

How am I hard to figure out, I have been consistent from day one saying that my preference would be a head coach with a proven track record of winning (the Cincy route) I have also been consistent saying UCONN should hire a coach not a name. TJ turned into an exception for me because he was able to turn things around.

I'm not dumping on this pick, but I need more data before I get excited. Like Excalibur, it won't take much to convince me.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just an observation. I point it out because last time around we would have been better off with a Boneyard pick. Nobody in this forum was hoping for P last time around.

Coincidence, this "surprise" pick has way more upside than PGDL ever did.

After looking at his resume, I don't know how this board missed out on him as a potential replacement. He reportedly interviewed for the BCU job last year.

Reaction Score
How am I hard to figure out, I have been consistent from day one saying that my preference would be a head coach with a proven track record of winning, I have also been consistent saying UCONN should hire a coach not a name. TJ turned into an exception for me because he was able to turn things around.

I'm not dumping on this pick, but I need more data before I get excited.

Tone is hard to interpret. The post sportsart (and I) responded to came off as a complaint, but it was hard to tell.

Have you looked at his resume? This guy is a coach with a proven track record of making a hugely positive impact on a big time program playing at the highest level.

Certainly being the head coach is a different job, but the man can coach, he can recruit, and he is old enough to know what wallpaper is and young enough to know that nobody likes it anymore.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
How am I hard to figure out, I have been consistent from day one saying that my preference would be a head coach with a proven track record of winning, I have also been consistent saying UCONN should hire a coach not a name. TJ turned into an exception for me because he was able to turn things around.

I'm not dumping on this pick, but I need more data before I get excited. Like Excaliber, it won't take much to convince me.
I would be shocked if the thing that holds UConn back from success is the decision to hire Diaco over TJ. No guarantee Diaco will be lights out, but I wouldn't say Diaco's lack of HC experience is that much of a disadvantage compared to TJ's eight games of experience. He was also a coordinator for longer than TJ, if I'm not mistaken.

Reaction Score
I like bend-but-don't break defenses, and I was a D Brown agnostic, because I saw his defenses give up easy TDs even though they had talent all over the field. K Reyes, Trevardo, Smallwood, sio Moore, Wreh Wilson, Gratz, Come on!!!!!! So bring on Diaco's defense. Give up those FGs, and let them throw INTs in the end zone.

As long as you can stop the run when you need to, this is a good defense.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Glad to hear HFD is alive and well! Is HFD still on Twitter? What's his handle on it?
Miss him on there too! I got his email a while back and have been trading messages from time to time.

Reaction Score
Diaco's impact in his time at ND is more impressive than anything TJ did at WKU or Cincy. It's not even close. Check out the links that have been posted, especially the Cal sbnation article. The improvement of the Notre Dame defense was amazing from the first season Diaco took over.

That said, I hope TJW stays at OC, Foley as OL coach, and Day as QB coach. Moves will probably have to be made on defense as Diaco favors a 3-4 over 4-3, but we'll see what happens.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
@ConnHuskBask HuskyFanDan is on twitter as @B1GConn

Seems like he's pleased with the hire. I miss that MF. Seems like Warde has turned a corner in his eyes with this hire
Ha. Good for him. I should have guessed but his choice of the redesigned logo for the twitter avatar threw me off.

Reaction Score
Do you think he'll look at the commits, the prospects, the current coaching staff, the current group of players, the future schedule, and the current state of BY support before he gets to yes? I hope not...we need someone who's All In! ...no matter what the naysayers say...support from the onset is crucial. Reservations are for those that keep dreaming the best hire is the one they'd make and have accepted. Due diligence has been done so deal with it. Oh yeah...Narduzzi was never an option...just a chance for him to hone his interview answers for his 'dream job.'

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
You wear your narrow, simplistic, linear thinking like a badge of honor. Good for you.

First thing I thought about you nelson. You bring this on yourself with what you say on the realignment board

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
@ConnHuskBask HuskyFanDan is on twitter as @B1GConn

Seems like he's pleased with the hire. I miss that MF. Seems like Warde has turned a corner in his eyes with this hire
Ha! Too funny, had no idea. Just saw the account and followed.

Reaction Score
I like bend-but-don't break defenses, and I was a D Brown agnostic, because I saw his defenses give up easy TDs even though they had talent all over the field. K Reyes, Trevardo, Smallwood, sio Moore, Wreh Wilson, Gratz, Come on!!!!!! So bring on Diaco's defense. Give up those FGs, and let them throw INTs in the end zone.

As long as you can stop the run when you need to, this is a good defense.

My issue with bend don't break is that it usually breaks down against good offenses and good quarterbacks. In our league, we're not likely to see many of either one . . .

Reaction Score
SirHypeAlot said:
@ConnHuskBask HuskyFanDan is on twitter as @B1GConn Seems like he's pleased with the hire. I miss that MF. Seems like Warde has turned a corner in his eyes with this hire
I just followed him and as I searched for @b1gCo.... I got slightly disturbed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom