Who Will Be The First | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Who Will Be The First

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
OK, since you guys are still so optimistic, and the fact that UConn scored 45 points on his D at Cincy didn't phase any of you, I'm going to hit you with one more: UConn scored 45 points against Al Groh's Virginia team back when Diaco was the LB and special teams coach.
:eek:

Reaction Score
My issue with bend don't break is that it usually breaks down against good offenses and good quarterbacks. In our league, we're not likely to see many of either one . . .

You have to run it right. When there are 22 people in a 20 yard box, that's when you pressure'em. The D needs to flip that switch right there and go from passive to aggressive.

Reaction Score
You are hard to figure out lately. I thought at first you were tongue in cheek and then sounded serious. No matter what his plan is, it won't mean squat until the games.

We got a big name, with lots of experience who can recruit and looks to be a players coach. If you can't enjoy the moment now when can you. :cool:
well said

Reaction Score
OK, since you guys are still so optimistic, and the fact that UConn scored 45 points on his D at Cincy didn't phase any of you, I'm going to hit you with one more: UConn scored 45 points against Al Groh's Virginia team back when Diaco was the LB and special teams coach.
:eek:

I read somewhere that Lombardi, Landry and Belichick all had teams that gave up FG's and TD's. I swear it's true. :rolleyes:

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
How's this for a bag.

1. [ ]

7:19 PM - 11 Dec 13 · Details
    " data-you-follow="false" data-you-block="false">
    Pete Roussel ‏@coachingsearch 18m
    Props to Pat Narduzzi.

7:19 PM - 11 Dec 13 · Details
    [ ]

1. [ ]" data-you-follow="false" data-you-block="false">
      Pete Roussel ‏@coachingsearch 19m
      Money matters, but it's not the most important thing. Key to long & successful career is taking what you think are the right jobs. So...

Collapse
Major tool. He's on my sh it list for life.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Glad to hear HFD is alive and well! Is HFD still on Twitter? What's his handle on it?
I do miss HFD's passion... will he ever be allowed back here? What's his twitter?

Reaction Score
Not me. I like this guy a lot. Reportedly he is firey, personally I like great defensive teams and he has brought some very good play to Notre Dame, he is known as a great recruiter but to me that is less important than knowing how to coach. Because we're not out-recruiting some of the programs in the ACC or the Big, though we could compete with BC and Syracuse and Rutgers somewhat. For us it will be crucial to do what UConn has always done. Find those guys who have lots of upside potetnial but have been overlooked (Lutrus, Wilson, Sherman)or ignored until too late(Todman) in the process by the major programs, lock them up and coach them up. If we can do that plus supplement that with a few more better players, we'll be in very good shape. If he puts together the right staff and takes the right approach, I think he'll be very successful.

Reaction Score
USF is out-recruiting Illinois. But otherwise, yeah, coaching is more important. Edsall proved that very well.

Reaction Score
My wife's comment,"Oh! Could he be any tastier?" I'm about to get real negative about this.....

Reaction Score
Belichick? 45 points?

His team gave up 30 or more points 4 times this season. Not exactly top 5 defensive performance.

I knew 45 was a stretch. I also know you are not serious about the 45 points Diaco's defense gave up as a measure of his ability. :cool:

Reaction Score
There was the 38 to the Colts in the AFC Championship game (32 in the second half).

Reaction Score
His team gave up 30 or more points 4 times this season. Not exactly top 5 defensive performance.

I knew 45 was a stretch. I also know you are not serious about the 45 points Diaco's defense gave up as a measure of his ability. :cool:

Just looking to add d-baggery stuff.

This year for the Patriots goes out the window because of the injuries which are unprecedented on defense for the Patriots. They are literally starting 3 rookie UDFAs on the DL. A rookie at LB in collins, and the D-backfield is just now getting back together after being injured (Talib, Gregory, Dennard). It's been rough.

Reaction Score
Maybe if we go back another 15 years we'll find one other instance.

Or two years later to the same team. 35-34 loss to Colts in 2009 thanks to 21 fourth quarter points (Colts came back from 17 down). That one was regular season so it didn't stand out as much as the 2007 championship game.

Stuff happens once in a while. I know you are only being half-serious pointing out the 45 UConn scored, but ND played for a national title last year with a kinda ordinary offense. That trumps outliers in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom