Status
Not open for further replies.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
I'd like to see

removed from the turf at the 'Rent.

Reaction Score
If Houston leaves, I think the AAC adds Rice to maintain a presence in Houston.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I think they should save dying programs because at that point who cares....so let's have them add New Mexico St, Idaho, and Hawaii....should make for some great travel.....ha!

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Who back in May predicted the ACC would be in play this summer?
:)
Yeah a thousand people knew it, etc blah, blah

As recent as this morning people were giving me crap about it.

Yes, finally UConn is in the driver's seat. Mostly circumstance - but my Providence dude says Mike T working the phones !

Would that be the same Mike Tranghese who was largely responsible for the demise of the Big East Conference, you know, that BCS conference we used to belong to? We wouldn't be in the mess we are now if it weren't for him, his hand picked successor Marinatto (an even bigger disaster), and the rest of the PC mafia at Big East HQ in Providence. Let's all do what's best for PC and the other BB schools and to hell with these annoying football playing schools. Everybody knows BB is king!

Please, dear God, don't let this man "help" us any more than he already has. He'll have us playing in the Sun Belt Conference by next week.

Reaction Score
Would that be the same Mike Tranghese who was largely responsible for the demise of the Big East Conference, you know, that BCS conference we used to belong to? We wouldn't be in the mess we are now if it weren't for him, his hand picked successor Marinatto (an even bigger disaster), and the rest of the PC mafia at Big East HQ in Providence. Let's all do what's best for PC and the other BB schools and to hell with these annoying football playing schools. Everybody knows BB is king!

Please, dear God, don't let this man "help" us any more than he already has. He'll have us playing in the Sun Belt Conference by next week.

Help me out. Did Mike T recommend that the football schools turn down over $1 Billion in TV money?

Reaction Score

Guess you missed the part where Tranghese was hired by UConn as a advisor/consultant end of 2015/beginning 2016....

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Guess you missed the part where Tranghese was hired by UConn as a advisor/consultant end of 2015/beginning 2016....

Not at all. Might as well be flushing your money down a toilet.

Reaction Score
For this topic to be contemplated let alone posted and discussed, was it initially motivated by waterboarding, massive alcohol consumption, psychologocal impairment, or all of the preceding consoderations? Just shoot us all if the potential evolves ...

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
If UConn, Cincy & Houston leave (please god let it happen), I'd like to see UMass & Buffalo move on up to the AAC. I think it'd actually be good for UConn to have a critical mass of FBS teams in the northeast -- the more people who care about college football in the region, even if only casually, the more potential TV fans there are for our games once we become major players (only a matter of time).

I wouldn't see a stable & growing UMass program as a threat. They'd actually help us boost interest.

Now back to our regularly scheduled mocking of this subject...

Reaction Score
I was thinking Buffalo and UMass. It would give us some close road games to travel to. Plus while in Buffalo you could go to a Sabres game and check out Jack Eichel.

Reaction Score
Well this is a sad game. But recent Big 12 talks brought me back here so I might as well play.

How about, the AAC goes for broke and decides to be the best lower tier division. Assuming Cincinnati, UConn, and Houston leave, I vote for:

North
Temple
Memphis
Navy
Army
ODU
Buffalo
UMass
Northern Illinois

South
UCF
USF
ECU
Tulane
Tulsa
SMU
Rice
Southern Miss

At least there could be some academic respect for the conference and it would be behind conferences 1-5 by many miles but at least it would solidly be #6.

Delete your account.

Reaction Score
B12 expansion is likely last gasp for UMass football. They should be aggressively targeting the AAC right now to backfill any future openings. If they don't get in, I don't see how their FB survives.

I guess they could go after C-USA too, but not sure they're interested.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I was thinking Buffalo and UMass. It would give us some close road games to travel to. Plus while in Buffalo you could go to a Sabres game and check out Jack Eichel.

Good god. This poster can only be Tony Terzi or Gresh....because I pray there isn't another person this out of touch.

Reaction Score
Good god. This poster can only be Tony Terzi or Gresh....because I pray there isn't another person this out of touch.

My bad, I only mentioned Jack Eichel (a BU guy) because we (UConn) don't have any real stars in the league yet. However,he is really good and fun to watch.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
I feel that if this goes through and you lose UCONn, Cincy, and Houston, then AAC and conference USA split up to regional leagues to survive the drastic haircut in revenue they are going to encounter.

East -AAC for now
UMass
ECU
Charlotte
Temple
Marshall
WKU
UCF
temple
Navy
USF
Old Dominion
FIU

West- Conference USA for now
SMU
Memphis
Tulsa
Tulane
Rice
Florida Atlantic
USM
La. Tech
Middle Tennessee
North Texas
UAB
UTEP

Texas El Paso is out of luck

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I feel that if this goes through and you lose UCONn, Cincy, and Houston, then AAC and conference USA split up to regional leagues to survive the drastic haircut in revenue they are going to encounter.

East -AAC for now
UMass
ECU
Charlotte
Temple
Marshall
WKU
UCF
temple
Navy
USF
Old Dominion
FIU

West- Conference USA for now
SMU
Memphis
Tulsa
Tulane
Rice
Florida Atlantic
USM
La. Tech
Middle Tennessee
North Texas
UAB
UTEP

Texas El Paso is out of luck
I dont think Aresco has been allotted sufficient cloud space and cell minutes to organize your two headed donkey.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Here's an article saying James Madison could make the jump from FCS straight to AAC.

The AAC may think it’s above adding a current FCS school, but should remember that JMU is an FCS school that stacks up quite well with its members in terms of athletic revenue, enrollment, academic reach and results on the football field.

The Dukes went to AAC member SMU last season and won, which perhaps shouldn’t have come as a surprise considering the Dukes have resources unlike other FCS programs.

JMU reported athletic revenues of nearly $45 million for the 2014-15, greater than Houston and Memphis, on par with East Carolina and South Florida and dwarfing most Group of Five programs not in the American or Mountain West.

The 2011 renovation of Bridgeforth Stadium brought the capacity up to 25,000 with room for further expansion. Last season the Dukes averaged more than 19,000 fans per game to rank fourth in FCS. There are also plans in the works for a new 8,500-seat basketball arena. Attendance and revenues would only grow in premier conference like the American.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There really isn't much is there...

If the AAC lost UConn, Cincy and Houston - I guess they would have to decide what they are.

If they want to be the 8th-9th best basketball league in the country I'd take UMass, Western Kentucky and ask Wichita State if they were serious about having a football team - if no you could check in on New Mexico State.

If they want to be the 7th best football league I'd probably take La Tech, Southern Miss and Marshall.

I'd probably take the lottery ticket route myself and go Coastal, UNC-Charlotte and Old Dominion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom