Who should AAC Add | The Boneyard

Who should AAC Add

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If Houston, Cincy, and Memphis leave for the B12 who would you like to see the conference add? I think Marshall, UMass, and one of the MAC schools will be added. Maybe Northern Illonois.

Reaction Score
Does it matter? If three to four of UC, Memphis, Houston, and UCF leave the AAC is no longer a viable home for us. Seeking to put football in the Mountain West and all sports in the Big East would be our best option. Let's hope it doesn't get there.

C

Chief00

Who back in May predicted the ACC would be in play this summer?
:)
Yeah a thousand people knew it, etc blah, blah

As recent as this morning people were giving me crap about it.

Yes, finally UConn is in the driver's seat. Mostly circumstance - but my Providence dude says Mike T working the phones !

Reaction Score

Yes, finally UConn is in the driver's seat. Mostly circumstance - but my Providence dude says Mike T working the phones !
You with us ain't you.

Reaction Score

Yes, finally UConn is in the driver's seat. Mostly circumstance - but my Providence dude says Mike T working the phone

I'm surprised the ACC would let the B12 grab UConn and plant another conference flag in the Northeast. You would think they would want to grab us before the B12. Plus, with the ACC network launching, you would think UConn content would be good for ratings. Who knows, maybe our good friends at ESPN told the ACC that we weren't going anywhere.

Reaction Score
Wat8.jpg

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Personally, I'd like to see us play a Yankee Conference schedule in all sports. Because my Give-A-Fruck Level at that point would not allow me to care whether it was Maine or Middle Tennessee St., New Hampshire or Northern Iowa, Vermont or University of Vancouver, on the playing surface before me.

Reaction Score
Well this is a sad game. But recent Big 12 talks brought me back here so I might as well play.

How about, the AAC goes for broke and decides to be the best lower tier division. Assuming Cincinnati, UConn, and Houston leave, I vote for:

North
Temple
Memphis
Navy
Army
ODU
Buffalo
UMass
Northern Illinois

South
UCF
USF
ECU
Tulane
Tulsa
SMU
Rice
Southern Miss

At least there could be some academic respect for the conference and it would be behind conferences 1-5 by many miles but at least it would solidly be #6.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If Houston, Cincy, and Memphis leave for the B12 who would you like to see the conference add? I think Marshall, UMass, and one of the MAC schools will be added. Maybe Northern Illonois.
Sorry, would have replied sooner but when I read your post I felt like I was going to puke, so it seemed like a good time for a break.

Reaction Score
If it came to that then the administration would have to go all-in to be able to put basketball in the Big East. If we are forced to stay in the AAC for all sports (with the other schools leaving) then we will inevitably become a mid-major which is sad to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom