Who(m)* do you hate? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Who(m)* do you hate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Anyone and anything associated with Clemson Cow College.

tiger_smiling.jpg

;)

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I don't hate any longer---dislike somethings/some humans--hate takes too much energy with no return for me--If i hated Muffett (for kib) she'd never know or care--what did i accomplish.

Well said and well done. Too many people never get to this place. Having been sick multiple times to the point that my life was in jeopardy I have learned not to hate and not to get angry. I used to be wound up tight but now I am the most laid back person I know. Lose a game? Big deal...there will be another one soon and even in a loss I enjoyed watching the game.

Life is as happy as you choose to make it. I have diabetes and kidney disease but I keep living my life and appreciating all that it has to offer. Now I just need the $$$ to go along with my appreciation. :)

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Let me modify the topic a little. Which woman's basketball coaches current or past do you: a) dislike, b) like, c) respect, and why? Lists need not mutually be exclusive.

For me,

Dislike:
Pat Summitt - I have respect for what she achieved but her deliberate attempt to smear the program, players and members of the board bothers me to this day. It's an ugly footnote on a great career, but she made it personal.

Quentin Hillsman - Well it's way down in intensity but he's on the list. On a one to 10 scale if Pat was a 6 (and she definitely was 10 when this was going on) Quentin is a 3. His teams tried being a little chippy with our girls and Geno showed him what it was like to play us without Geno's largess. Then Hillsman wouldn't give Stewie and home game and instead choose to play a game in front of maybe 300 people, silly. Still his girls used pluck and grit to get the NC game last year.

c. Vivian Stringer - Same issue of questionably chippy play. I personally believe one shove to the back of Maya Moore, after the game was decided, may have cost us a championship as Moore struggle with back spasms the rest of the way.​

Like:
a. Sherri Coale - Good coach who has great respect for our program and Geno and is pretty easy on the eyes.

b. Courtney Banghart - Princeton has had some good seasons since she's been there. I've met her on a few occasions and she is warm and friendly.

c. Doug Bruno - likable guy who is respect of our program and is a friend of Geno. He has his kids ready to play and ready to play hard, what's not to like.

d. Holly Warlick - Only because she is the gift that keeps on giving.​

Respect:
a. Summitt: She's #2 WBB coach behind Geno, so she gets respect.

b. Muffet: Her teams are prepared and have been our closest competitors. She could have been on either of the 1st two lists on any given day. But for Geno, she would likely be the gold standard in WCBB. That has to sting for her.

c. Tara VanDerveer: Stanford is where UConn streaks go to die. She is a very good coach who has sustained success.

d. Mulkey: 2 NCAA championships. What more needs to be said?

e. Dawn Staley: The building job she has done at South Carolina is very very impressive.

f. Steve Gomez: Remember him? He was the Lubbock Christian head coach. The way he handled his trip to Storrs and used a 60+ point beat down as motivation to take his team to a national championship is a great story. Here's how it started.

e. Bruno, Jose Fernandez, Banghart all come to mind as well.​

Where is Jeff Walz on this list? He seems to get more grief on the BY than just about any other coach.

Reaction Score
Well said and well done. Too many people never get to this place. Having been sick multiple times to the point that my life was in jeopardy I have learned not to hate and not to get angry. I used to be wound up tight but now I am the most laid back person I know. Lose a game? Big deal...there will be another one soon and even in a loss I enjoyed watching the game.

Life is as happy as you choose to make it. I have diabetes and kidney disease but I keep living my life and appreciating all that it has to offer. Now I just need the $$$ to go along with my appreciation. :)

Your previous existence sounds like mine. The working world pushes some of that--deadlines, schedules, meetings, etc--drove me.
I, like you don't like to lose a UC bb game, but there are more importing things in this life---and living is one of them. My cousin and Sister in Law (love that woman) have diabetes and do dialysis--yuk--... I've recently been diagnosed with kidney issues.
I don't like it--but as I say about some players ---it is what it is--. I've been blessed in many ways --but mostly a great spouse.
I have been losing my hearing, for probably 30 years, but most in the last 5 years--now I my wife yells from 5 ft and I can't understand a word---it is what it is. But I hear noise just great. Hearing loss is harder on others--they don't understand what i don't hear!
But I'm enjoying each and ever day---do what i want when i want---few (medical) appts to keep none of any other kind.

Thanks East---you are courageous--its not a word I throw around easily. Thank you.

blaqtech

Longtime Louisville Lover
Reaction Score
No one in the sport business.

In real world, all of the Kardashian family members.

:rolleyes:

I still don't see .........

You know what, I have nothing positive to say here .....

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
I don't hate anyone but I have no respect for some guys:

Woody Hays (sp?) - Ohio State football coach who punched an opposing player running the ball back in front of the Ohio State bench. (And the TV announcers clearly ignored it.)

Bob Knight - Indiana basketball coach who threw a chair across the court and berated and bullied his players constantly.

Joe Paterno - Penn State football coach who supposedly knew but kept quiet about Sandusky's "violations."

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
The holier than thou attitude is a turn off. The long time Dallas Cowboys coach, I can't remember his name... Tom something maybe? He irritated me but I didn't hate him.

Landry

Reaction Score
Cannot work up hatred for anyone, really. Life's waaay too short. Dislikes in WCBB: Hilsman, Stringer, the folks running UNC (not their coach, who I suspect had nothing to do with it), and McCallie.

Reaction Score
People that take tongue and cheek comments in a chat room seriously

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The Yankees. They can't lose enough for me. However, while I've always "hated" the Yankees, I really liked some Yankee players and coaches - Thurman Munson, Derek Jeter, and Joe Torre come immediately to mind.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
People forgiving Summitt on the grounds that her disease influenced her decisions related to UConn are forgetting that the UT coaching staff, athletic administration and even the university administration were willing participants in that sorry episode. In my mind it forever taints her legacy and the university. I would be tickled if UT never won another athletic event in their entire history... at least until UT makes a heartfelt and very public apology.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom