Who is Your Pre Season #1 Team

Who is Your Pre Season #1 Ranked Team

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Who is your #1 ranked team going into the 2011/2012 Season. Most want UConn to be ranked #1, but should they be?

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Even though ND was was in the Championship game, I gotta go with Baylor as preseason #1.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I think it's clearly Baylor, and it's not very close as the season starts. ND is a pretty clear #2. Once the season gets underway, however, who knows?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I think it's clearly Baylor, and it's not very close as the season starts. ND is a pretty clear #2. Once the season gets underway, however, who knows?

Baylor and ND are likely to meet in the finals of the preseason WNIT on November 20. The game would be in Waco and, as you suggest, could be #1 vs #2.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
The question is who YOUR preseason #1 is, not which team WILL be #1. For me, UConn is #1, and I'm confident they deserve it.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Baylor, ND, UCONN, Stanford, Tennessee in that order... won't end up that way by the end of the year but that's my preseason top 5...

Reaction Score

I wanted to vote for Uco, but somebody has fiddled with the ballot box.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Im going with UConn. I beleive Stef this season will score on Griner and with help from Heather and Kiah I think we are in good shape. Put Kelly on Simms and force the rest of Baylor to score and I think we win this game and surprise alot of fans. Uconn is disiplined, and the chemistry is there from last season. I like our chances alot.

Reaction Score
i would love for uconn to be #1 but Baylor got it this year and i don't think notre damn is going to be #2 in preseason polls

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
Making preseason predictions is fun even if a little silly. Ideally for us, UConn would be No. 1, but with the departure of Maya Moore and the arrival of three freshmen (albeit very promising ones), there's going to be uncertainty until we see how they do early in the season. Gotta give Baylor (Griner) and ND (Diggins) the edge early on. But who cares? We all know how fast things can change! And what really matters is what happens in the end. One more thought: wouldn't it be more fun to be rated #3 or #4 and come on so strong that they wind up passing Baylor and Notre Dame to become #1 during the season?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Baylor. Griner is a force. Syms is excellent. The rest of the group is good.

I think N.D. Is very good, but they lost 8 games last year. I expect them to lose about 4-5 at least. The games will be tough, but I think we take them this year.

I have UConn at 2, then Tennessee, Notre Dame, Stanford, and Duke. Williams may be a huge factor for Duke.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Who is your #1 ranked team going into the 2011/2012 Season. Most want UConn to be ranked #1, but should they be?
My #1 team is different than what I think the polls will say. The two main polls will have Baylor as #1.

But being an eternal optomist who thinks that everything will break right for UCONN (until proven different) I see them as my number #1 team. Of course that same logic can only see the negative with the other teams...lol.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Well, it's obvious that UCONN is all our no. 1 team. We are fans. I voted for the team I think will be the pre-season no. 1, and legitimately so: Baylor.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Baylor they have the best player Griner. They have maybe the best roster of talent this year.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
On paper Baylor has alot of talent. Last season they didnt make it even with Griner. We will see how much Griner has improved. At 6'8 she should be dominating and almost unstoppable. Think about it if Tina was 6'8?????? This is what Im talking about and mean. Griner right now has the potentcial to be dominate. Lets see what happens this season. If she does Baylor will be almost unbeatable.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
Remember, Tina didn't excel until her junior year. Expect Griner to do the same and this be the year she turns the corner.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Let's get this straight. I didn't pick UConn #1 because I am a fan. I did so as a totally objective and unbiased observer of wcbb. "Fair and balanced."

I said that with a straight face, too! [;-)

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Texas AM should be #1 until they lose.

Why? They lost their two best players. Rankings are where teams are now or where they are projected to be, not based on last season.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Texas AM should be #1 until they lose.
I think there is a difference between a team who is undefeated the previous two seasons keeping the #1 ranking until that record streak is halted and who still has a player who has been the #1 or 2 player in the country for three seasons and a team that won the tournament at 33-5 and lost what A & M did retaining the #1 ranking.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Let's get this straight. I didn't pick UConn #1 because I am a fan. I did so as a totally objective and unbiased observer of wcbb. "Fair and balanced."

I said that with a straight face, too! [;-)
I'm completely with you, Kib. I expect this team to surprise many to their chagrin across the country.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
I think there is a difference between a team who is undefeated the previous two seasons keeping the #1 ranking until that record streak is halted and who still has a player who has been the #1 or 2 player in the country for three seasons and a team that won the tournament at 33-5 and lost what A & M did retaining the #1 ranking.

One could argue that this year's aTm team will be even better than the last. While they lost Colson and Adams, the remaining players now have the experience of winning it all which breeds confidence and no longer being the team that can't get past the E8. They've actually gotten stronger in the post with Bone being the new center. Sure they had 5 losses, but 1 was an early season loss at Duke and 3 losses were to the same team (Baylor). I don't think ND should start the season ranked ahead of them when they're an 8 loss team that also lost "Bruiser". I still expect aTm to be better than ND. As for Baylor, TN, and UConn, I think all of those teams need to prove it on the court by beating the top teams first. They'll all get their opportunity to do so. I expect Duke and Stanford to both be strong contenders by year's end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom