Who is the biggest BY Math geek (tournament style) round 1!!! | The Boneyard

Who is the biggest BY Math geek (tournament style) round 1!!!

Who is a bigger Boneyard Math Geek (choose 1 out of each seeding pair) 1st round

• 1 Auror vs.

Votes: 48 70.6%
  • 16 Palatine

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • 8 justbrewitman vs.

Votes: 30 44.1%
  • 9 ToolzieFan

Votes: 23 33.8%
  • 4 DaveHuskiesfan vs.

Votes: 34 50.0%
  • 13 AD David Benedict burner

Votes: 21 30.9%
  • 5 Sportsman5 vs.

Votes: 25 36.8%
  • 12 Hobokenhusky

Votes: 25 36.8%
  • 2 BfieldHusky vs.

Votes: 39 57.4%
  • 15HooperScooper

Votes: 19 27.9%
  • 3 Navery12 vs.

Votes: 34 50.0%
  • 14 tzznandrew

Votes: 28 41.2%
  • 6 HeyAdrien vs.

Votes: 45 66.2%
  • 11 firstnline

Votes: 15 22.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
MODS PLEASE PIN @fleudslipcon

We all know all the culprits, the "fans" who get their loins stirred about movement in AdjOffEff metrics but are ho hum about wins. Guys who worship at the feet of Bart Torvik and Ken Pomeroy instead of J.C.

By and large they are good posters and good guys, but a different view on the games that we are all here for is needed. Sacrifices must be made. Lessons must be taught. Mojo doesn't see numbers, only trophies.

Now I have no power here in hanging people, and frankly I shouldn't, Think of me as something akin to Albus Dumbledore eschewing the Ministry of Magic position because he doesn't t-r-u-s-t himself with power. That is others burden to bear.

But for 20 plus years I have aided in the process. This year, whether there is a hanging our not, suitable nominations need to be identified. I say it should be the math geeks who have been screwing with us all year. :)

But alas, there are too many. They procreate like Ratso level drunk rabbits. We need to narrow it down and for that we need the Boneyards help. Choose your first round winners in the poll ( one for each seed pairing) . 1st round poll last 12 hours so we can get to the next round and get a final four by tomorrow night hopefully..

So in preparation for the tournament let's have ourselves a little Bracket challenge to choose the biggest math geek on the Yard.

It's Pi day for christsake!

Here are the seeds:

bymg.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If anyone pins this, I will shoot them.
Forgot your a Connecticut College fan now.
MODS PLEASE PIN @fleudslipcon

We all know all the culprits, the "fans" who get their loins stirred about movement in AdjOffEff metrics but are ho hum about wins. Guys who worship at the feet of Bart Torvik and Ken Pomeroy instead of J.C.

By and large they are good posters and good guys, but a different view on the games that we are all here for is needed. Sacrifices must be made. Lessons must be taught. Mojo doesn't see numbers, only trophies.

Now I have no power here in hanging people, and frankly I shouldn't, Think of me as something akin to Albus Dumbledore eschewing the Ministry of Magic position because he doesn't trust himself with power. That is others burden to bear.

But for 20 plus years I have aided in the process. This year, whether there is a hanging our not, suitable nominations need to be identified. I say it should be the math geeks who have been screwing with us all year. :)

But alas, there are too many. They procreate like Ratso level drunk rabbits. We need to narrow it down and for that we need the Boneyards help. Choose your first round winners in the poll ( one for each seed pairing) . 1st round poll last 12 hours so we can get to the next round and get a final four by tomorrow night hopefully..

So in preparation for the tournament let's have ourselves a little Bracket challenge to choose the biggest math geek on the Yard.

It's Pi day for christsake!

Here are the seeds:

View attachment 85109
Now we’re talking. That’s a hot 14 seed!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Just a note…this thread is gonna be non-sensical for reasons that I do not understand.

Something about it is running afoul of whatever filters exist so everything has to be approved before anyone sees it.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Think of me as something akin to Albus Dumbledore eschewing the Ministry of Magic position because he doesn't trust himself with power.
That is what happens when your sister gets caught and killed in the magical crossfire between you and the second most-powerful wizard in Western Europe.

Reaction Score
I didn’t see this coming at all.

Look, I don’t want to campaign for myself, especially since I’m coincidentally matched up against one of the few Boneyarders I’ve met in real life. I’m just saying I have a math-related career AND I have paid subscriptions to KenPom.com and EvanMiya.com.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I didn’t see this coming at all.

Look, I don’t want to campaign for myself, especially since I’m coincidentally matched up against one of the few Boneyarders I’ve met in real life. I’m just saying I have a math-related career AND I have paid subscriptions to KenPom.com and EvanMiya.com.
Homer Simpson Cartoon GIF

Reaction Score
Whoever put this poll together must be out to get me. The 8/9 matchup is like a modern version of Sophie’s Choice for me. Toolsiefan vs, Justbrewitman? Geez, both legends. And the only two on this list that I personally know.

I happen to teach math with Toolsiefan and we talk UConn every day - his skills and analysis are unparalleled. I figure the only reason he took on AP stats is so that he could delve deeper into Uconn metrics.

That being said, I’m going to Atlantic City with justbrewitman and a UConn crew this weekend. I think his beer drinking (and ref complaining) might have secured that Providence win last week. JBM lives for the Huskies.

Whoever makes it out of the 8/9 matchup should win it all!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom