Who is Randy's coaching staff? Jan 12 is coming fast | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Who is Randy's coaching staff? Jan 12 is coming fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thats just a kid with a twitter and reddit account.

False. That's aman who runs TOS. They rebranded as Storrs central few weeks ago. He has a few contacts in the athletic department

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
It wouldn't be the end of the world for one or two specific position coaches or behind the scenes staffers to hang around to provide a small level of continuity for the team. Some on Twitter have suggested Erik Campbell stay on as WR coach. Certainly our receivers did a pretty good job last year given the hand they were dealt so I'd be on board with that. That said, OC, DC, special teams, recruiting, QB coach, OL coach, DL coach - just about everybody needs to be replaced. Our coaching staff at nearly every position was poor and needs to be replaced. Randy needs to insert his guys and his program into this team in order to maximize his chance at turning the ship around.

Did we have a special teams coach? WHy?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He brings some experience from a pretty good Colorado team. His daughter gets a job with Nike and all is good.

In the thread about Edsall's contract, the contract specifically says his son will be employed and then goes on in great detail how Randy cannot be his direct supervisor and cannot directly affect changes in his pay.

Reaction Score
Locksley's strength was in recruiting from Maryland/DC/Virginia region. Not sure about his on-field skills. But his ability to get kids to come to program was supposed to be extraordinary.
Get Locksley!!! We need a kick ass recruiter more than anything. If we don't get Locksley maybe have Geno give a seminar for the new staff on recruiting fundamentals. Lol

Reaction Score
False. That's aman who runs TOS. They rebranded as Storrs central few weeks ago. He has a few contacts in the athletic department

Really? I saw a reddit account with the same name and had no idea it was Aman. I wonder why they rebranded

Reaction Score
Get Locksley!!! We need a kick ass recruiter more than anything. If we don't get Locksley maybe have Geno give a seminar for the new staff on recruiting fundamentals. Lol

He's heading to Florida after the playoff run.

Reaction Score
There are 2 guys I wouldn't be surprised to see on our coaching g staff. Edsall'so son Corey and former UCONN assistant Scott Lakatos who is currently the DB Coach at Monmouth Scott Lakatos Bio

Reaction Score
Other guys that I wouldn't be surprised to see on television staff, former DBS Coach Darrell Perkins and Keith Dudzinski

Reaction Score
So that means the Storrs South "report" was false and some of the assistants will be retained?

Please no Cummings, please no Cummings, please no Cummings...
I disagree with your wording. To me it means, some of the assistants COULD be retained. Not a given, but just my opinion on how I read it.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
There are 2 guys I wouldn't be surprised to see on our coaching g staff. Edsall'so son Corey and former UCONN assistant Scott Lakatos who is currently the DB Coach at Monmouth Scott Lakatos Bio
Lakatos 'resigned' from Georgia DB coaching job during the 2014 season for 'personal reasons' and the best job he can get is DB Coach at Monmouth? Red flag there. Stay away.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
He brings some experience from a pretty good Colorado team. His daughter gets a job with Nike and all is good.
Does he have any connections to another former Colorado coach, Rick Neuheisel??? Bring him along as OC.

Reaction Score
In the thread about Edsall's contract, the contract specifically says his son will be employed and then goes on in great detail how Randy cannot be his direct supervisor and cannot directly affect changes in his pay.
Not necessarily his pay, but Randy can have no direct affect on his employment with the University in anyway.

Reaction Score
Locksley is at Florida so thank god we won't have him here

Reaction Score
Edsall's son, per his contract, cannot be under Randy's control (meaning Randy cannot be his direct supervisor).

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Edsall's son, per his contract, cannot be under Randy's control (meaning Randy cannot be his direct supervisor).
Which means he can't be offensive or defensive coordinator - but can be a position coach

Reaction Score
Which means he can't be offensive or defensive coordinator - but can be a position coach
As a head football coach, wouldn't you be a direct supervisor to any position coach? Via the hierarchy of things. That's the way I see it. Ultimately the contract could deem things different. Way to crop the rest of my post. He can't have any influence basically on his employment with the university. Which I would deem to mean, no interaction with the coaching staff.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
My sense from the presser is that Athletic Director Dave and HCRfE talked about the need for a strong staff with the freedom to coach. Benedict's list of what-if's, I think, included 'what if we could get a coach that works well with other coaches'. Fits with the speculation that turning down Jerry Kill as OC was a last straw and is pretty strong shade throwing at BD even if the Kill story isn't true.

Reaction Score
My sense from the presser is that Athletic Director Dave and HCRfE talked about the need for a strong staff with the freedom to coach. Benedict's list of what-if's, I think, included 'what if we could get a coach that works well with other coaches'. Fits with the speculation that turning down Jerry Kill as OC was a last straw and is pretty strong shade throwing at BD even if the Kill story isn't true.

There was a ton of shade thrown at BD, deservedly so. I doubt Diaco has anyone at UConn to get a letter of recommendation from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom