Who is on the short list? | The Boneyard

Who is on the short list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
If, crazily, KO does get an offer he can't refuse.

Tom Moore?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
After last year's new contract, there probably is no short list. I would fully expect a placeholder like Hobbs or Miller for a year.

caw

Reaction Score
Well the good news is the buyout would help fund the new coaches salary.

Reaction Score
In all seriousness, Danny Hurley isn't a bad idea. My personal preference would be for Archie Miller, but he's seemed unwilling to leave Dayton so far. An interim coach is a bad idea. Losing Ollie would cripple our recruiting, and having a lame duck coach would make it even worse. If Ollie left, we'd have to aggressively pursue a replacement quickly.

Reaction Score
1. Chief: Has the connections. Jim Calhoun personally sent assistants to ask him to break down defenses. Tight with Drummond, showing that he has connections the current staff could only wish to have.
2. Archie Miller: Probably the best pure coach out on the market. These Dayton teams don't have special talent but yet they play like they do. With the recruiting his brother does, one would have to wonder if he has the potential to be the same or better.
3. Gregg Marshall: Successful. Name brand. Can recruit to Wichita, so UConn wouldn't be an issue.

That would be the top 3, imo.

Reaction Score
Ray Allen with JC returning as a Senior Assistant to help with the transition

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Archie Miller is a no brainer. 12 years younger than Sean Miller, who has had a good amount of success and is a great recruiter. Archie has a bright future.

Don't think this will be an issue this year though.

Reaction Score
If these were the old days of conference alignment, we'd be placing calls to Archie's older brother and seeing if he wanted to come back to the east coast.

But if KO were to leave us, I think Hurley and Archie are two pretty good options. There is no doubt in my mind that Hurley will get players wherever he goes.

Reaction Score
Hurley's buyout is 1m per his newly signed extension. Would be expensive to leave.

If KO walks, we'd have $5mm to start our search with. I'm not worried about buyouts, because no one we're chasing has a bigger one than Ollie.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
The short list is Billy Donovan, Bill Self, and Alvin Gentry, dark horse Tom Thibodeau.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom