Who is going to Houston? | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Who is going to Houston?

Reaction Score
Is the metro system reliable from the airport to NRG or just Uber/cab it to the stadium? Arriving at 8pm.

Reaction Score
Will UConn be in the same sections as Saturday night? I had seats but they were in the Miami section but want to sit with UConn fans for the championship.
yes, mine are same in 122

Reaction Score
From the outside, to enter the stadium to begin with

you'll need valid tix to get in the stadium since you need to scan. What people are saying is that ushers are not checking to make sure you are sitting in the correct seats. Just don't sit in my seats and we're all good.

As for transportation, I parked at Little Woodrows for $10. I tried to get on metro at McGowan which is a few blocks from the place. I tried getting on the train around 3PM several hours before the FAU game. Couldn't get on first train so I caught a Lyft to stadium which was quick. Getting on the train after the game was an adventure as well. I waited for a while and then crammed into train. Not ideal or for those we need their space.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
you'll need valid tix to get in the stadium since you need to scan. What people are saying is that ushers are not checking to make sure you are sitting in the correct seats. Just don't sit in my seats and we're all good.

As for transportation, I parked at Little Woodrows for $10. I tried to get on metro at McGowan which is a few blocks from the place. I tried getting on the train around 3PM several hours before the FAU game. Couldn't get on first train so I caught a Lyft to stadium which was quick. Getting on the train after the game was an adventure as well. I waited for a while and then crammed into train. Not ideal or for those we need their space.
Is the metro system reliable from the airport to NRG or just Uber/cab it to the stadium? Arriving at 8pm.
The transportation is an utter catastrophe. Thousands of drunk corpses roaming the streets after the game because the 3-car game train can only fit 100 people.

Uber and Lyft pickups are a clusterf**k. Took us 1-1.5 hours to get from NRG to Woodrow’s on Saturday night. The booze wore off as I slumped thru the streets of Houston, my legs weary. But the taste of that victory Miller Lite at the bar was unparalleled.

Reaction Score
Bought tix through the secondary market and am here. Does anyone have an itinerary from uconn athletics of sponsored events? not sure if they suggest going to any bars or areas during the day before tip-off.

Reaction Score
What time does the team get ready to leave Whitehall for the game today?

Reaction Score
Ladies and gentlemen, The Wrench will be in attendance
43059B0D-1900-47F5-BF6E-2AF01933EF56.jpeg

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Uber and Lyft pickups are a clusterf**k. Took us 1-1.5 hours to get from NRG to Woodrow’s on Saturday night. The booze wore off as I slumped thru the streets of Houston, my legs weary. But the taste of that victory Miller Lite at the bar was unparalleled.

Reaction Score
Bought tix through the secondary market and am here. Does anyone have an itinerary from uconn athletics of sponsored events? not sure if they suggest going to any bars or areas during the day before tip-off.
People have been going to Little Woodrow's then either going over to The Whitehall to cheer team as they get on bus or go directly to stadium

Alternatively sign up for pregame at stadium here

2023 Men's Basketball NCAA Tournament Championship Pregame

Reaction Score
How did UConn show on Saturday? It was hard to tell from watching. Over the years it seems like UConn gets credit for traveling well to regional games (MSG, Albany), but we get crap about not showing up nationally (Fiesta Bowl and 2011 where people claimed we gave locals tickets and UConn gear). Is our presence equal to what Miami had (and FAU/SDSU)?

Have an awesome time for everyone that is there!

Reaction Score
How did UConn show on Saturday? It was hard to tell from watching. Over the years it seems like UConn gets credit for traveling well to regional games (MSG, Albany), but we get crap about not showing up nationally (Fiesta Bowl and 2011 where people claimed we gave locals tickets and UConn gear). Is our presence equal to what Miami had (and FAU/SDSU)?

There was something posted in another thread showing our student section was poor compared to the other three teams. Not sure about overall fan attendance.

Reaction Score
From the outside, to enter the stadium to begin with?
Nope only time we had a ticket checked was outside initially just to get into the stadium. But nobody was checking tickets when walking through the doors. There was a ramp to or escalator to walk to get to each section. We did go check the 500 section out first since I initially had gotten seats there but then went to out seats in the FAU section my brother got. But when we went back down and entered from the outside door nobody checked us there. The fist game had already started by the time we went down there so maybe you just have to wait after the game starts.

Reaction Score

I have to think Miami had the most as there was orange all over the sections including UCONNs, then FAU, then UCONN and then Sand Diego State. It was kind of disappointing. I will say that UCONN was kind of hard to tell since it seemed like they had fans spread out over more levels. Overall I was little shocked that we had a low representation but after the game there was a decent amount cheering the team on for their victory. I would say at least a 3K-5K strong. I hope there will be more at the championship game.

Reaction Score
I have to think Miami had the most as there was orange all over the sections including UCONNs, then FAU, then UCONN and then Sand Diego State. It was kind of disappointing. I will say that UCONN was kind of hard to tell since it seemed like they had fans spread out over more levels. Overall I was little shocked that we had a low representation but after the game there was a decent amount cheering the team on for their victory. I would say at least a 3K-5K strong. I hope there will be more at the championship game.

Not sure where you were sitting but the UConn sections were full and loud. I thought it was a good showing even around downtown. The concourse after Saturdays game was epic. Miami crowd was huge by a big margin and their fans were talking a lot of trash, mainly a larger younger group.

Reaction Score
Not sure where you were sitting but the UConn sections were full and loud. I thought it was a good showing even around downtown. The concourse after Saturdays game was epic. Miami crowd was huge by a big margin and their fans were talking a lot of trash, mainly a larger younger group.
I was right across from you in the FAU section 109 and had a great view of UCONN fans. I even saw some Orange mixed in with them. What was up with all those corner seats 100 seats vacant in the UCONN section?

Reaction Score
I’ve seen more UConn than any other fan base, only disappointment was our Student section wasn’t even half full.

I'm staying at the wyndham right next to NRG and it's FILLED with SDSU fans. Was not expecting that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom