Who is going to Houston? | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Who is going to Houston?

Reaction Score
Reposting

If you stay downtown and take the Metro (Red line) to the game, exiting the game and heading back DT will be crazy crowded. Last time it took multiple trains.
Figured out, if you took the South train one stop, end of the line, you would now be preboarded on the North bound train.
fyi

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Couple of suggestions for tomorrow. We went to a movie on Monday and that helped my nervous tension. Also, they have a trophy presentation in the ballroom of the winning team's hotel after the game. That is a MUST if your team wins and you can possibly make it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm heading to Houston tomorrow without a ticket. For those that are there, any Miami/FAU fans unloading at good prices? What do you think the best option for getting a ticket is right now?

Reaction Score
Reposting

If you stay downtown and take the Metro (Red line) to the game, exiting the game and heading back DT will be crazy crowded. Last time it took multiple trains.
Figured out, if you took the South train one stop, end of the line, you would now be preboarded on the North bound train.
fyi
So you were one of THOSE people!

Reaction Score
I'm heading to Houston tomorrow without a ticket. For those that are there, any Miami/FAU fans unloading at good prices? What do you think the best option for getting a ticket is right now?
I don’t know. It’s so difficult with electronic tickets these days. Not sure how you find the legit Miami/FAU fans. I just got scammed on tickets and now I’m gun shy. I’ll probably just buy tix in the 600s from StubHub for real cheap and try to move down.

Reaction Score
just order a ticket on seatgeek and move down to where UConn fans are sitting. The ushers weren’t really checking tickets last noght

Reaction Score
buy cheap tickets in the upper part and just go down to lower bowl. We were in the 3 rows from the end of that section in 109 which is FAU and after they lost we moved down just behind the UCONN families. There will be a lot of empty seats tomorrow and they don't enforce it. Miami and FAU seemed to have bigger contingents there than UCONN or San Diego ST.(Who easily had the smallest).

Reaction Score
Just tweeted this but if you have Chase points.. this is as good as you can find (although the return flight really stinks at least it’s in/out of Houston). And yes its 49k not 39k.. fat fingered

FYI - chase doesn’t transfer to Delta. AMEX does though

Reaction Score
Will UConn be in the same sections as Saturday night? I had seats but they were in the Miami section but want to sit with UConn fans for the championship.

Reaction Score
I have one in 124 which is the UConn section. Bought from UConn so want my cost back which is $200. If you want it let me know.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I don’t know. It’s so difficult with electronic tickets these days. Not sure how you find the legit Miami/FAU fans. I just got scammed on tickets and now I’m gun shy. I’ll probably just buy tix in the 600s from StubHub for real cheap and try to move down.

venues should have an app to snag tickets to see if they are real.

Reaction Score
Will UConn be in the same sections as Saturday night? I had seats but they were in the Miami section but want to sit with UConn fans for the championship.
From what I've seen, whatever seats folks had Saturday are the same seats for Monday for tickets through UConn

Reaction Score
From what I've seen, whatever seats folks had Saturday are the same seats for Monday for tickets through UConn
In Las Vegas they actually switched to the other side of the arena from Thursday to Saturday. Thought that was strange.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
In Las Vegas they actually switched to the other side of the arena from Thursday to Saturday. Thought that was strange.
Just a guess but that may have been due to being home team against Arkansas and road team against Gonzaga.

Reaction Score
Just a guess but that may have been due to being home team against Arkansas and road team against Gonzaga.
On Thursday we were directly across the court from the UConn bench. On Saturday they switched the UConn sections to directly behind the UConn bench. Think that was the UCLA section on Thursday.

Reaction Score
Couple of suggestions for tomorrow. We went to a movie on Monday and that helped my nervous tension. Also, they have a trophy presentation in the ballroom of the winning team's hotel after the game. That is a MUST if your team wins and you can possibly make it.
What hotel would that be?

Reaction Score
Would’ve hoped we could have gotten more UConn students is all. Obviously got the W which is all that matters but still would have been nice. Miami and SDSU fans near me we shocked how few students we had in our student section. Miami was 2x. Is what it is at this point.
It was the same for 2011 in Houston. Rice, Houston, TCU students were given tickets in the UCONN section free. I was sitting right behind them with tickets through the school that year. It is weird for such a great basketball school our fans and especially students don't travel well to big basketball events. Which sucks. UCONN section was maybe 1/3 filled of students which was kind of embarrasing.

Reaction Score
buy cheap tickets in the upper part and just go down to lower bowl. We were in the 3 rows from the end of that section in 109 which is FAU and after they lost we moved down just behind the UCONN families. There will be a lot of empty seats tomorrow and they don't enforce it. Miami and FAU seemed to have bigger contingents there than UCONN or San Diego ST.(Who easily had the smallest).
I'm sure there will be a lot of empty seats everywhere and easy to find ones to squat in, but how do you move down to the lower bowls from the upper? We were in 600s on Sat, and could move down to 500s if we wanted (access from same level), but they were checking tickets outside to enter the lower concourses (300s and 100s). Can you move down once inside somehow?

Reaction Score
How do you move down to the lower bowls from the upper? We were in 600s on Sat, and could move down to 500s if we wanted (access from same level), but they were checking tickets outside to enter the lower concourses (300s and 100s). Can you move down once inside somehow?
Nobody was checking on the FAU and Miami side we were on. You might of gotten there early as we got there right around the start of the first game and they weren't doing any checking.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom