Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
LA?
ATLANTA?
Chicago?
Seattle?

My bets are on Chicago and Seattle. Indy looks like a really bad guard matchup for Chicago and Seattle just doesn't have the guns to stay with Minny.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I think overconfident Atlanta, under gunned Seattle.
Chicago wins the next one, the decider is a toss-up
Can't figure out LA; may be over-rated.

D

dakotaboy

I'm hoping for Washington-Chicago for the east and Phoenix-Minneapolis for the west.

Washington should be able to take out Atlanta tonight. I really don't care for Atlanta, other than Tiffany Hayes. McCoughtry just rubs me the wrong way. Her facial expressions and demeanor on the court drive me nuts.

Chicago might be in trouble. Indiana was so physical, I thought they got away with ALOT of fouls. Hopefully Chicago can give it back and pull it out.

Phoenix has been up and down all season. As much as I love Taurasi, she really needs to grow up. Twice on Thursday night's game, she just sat on the floor protesting a non call, and didn't bother running to the other end to play defense. Fortunately for her LA couldn't capitalize. Luck was on Phoenix's side, if LA had hit at least 40% of the three's they chucked up, it would have been a different outcome. I see this series going all three games. I'm hoping that Phoenix advances.

Minneapolis will sweep the series. Nuff said... :)

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Chicago was 1-3 vs. Indiana during the regular season, now 1-4. They just don't seem to have an answer for Indy's combination of quickness, aggressiveness and confident shooting.

We will see what EPiph and EDD can do in Game 2. I'm not sure I would bet against a confident Fever team at home, though. I think Chicago goes down in a squeaker.

Minny will take care of Seattle in 2.

Phoenix / L.A. ... hmmmmm ..... I think it depends on Griner. Can she stay on the floor? DT will be DT. But will Griner play inspired ball ? IMHO Griner has to play her best for Phoenix to win in L.A. Not that she has to fill up the stat sheet necessarily but she has to keep affecting the game for more minutes, on more plays. If she fades into the background too often, Phoenix goes down.

Atlanta will pull their series to 1-1 and then win the closer at home.

Reaction Score
If Griner plays up to her potential then Phoenix will sweep LA. I'm also looking for a Phoenix/Minn. West final.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Would love to see LA go down in 2. I really thought after LA had that awful year and landed Ogwumike that they were going to rise to the top but it isn't enough. I agree - the 2 x-factors in game 2 will be the shooting of Toliver (and LA's 3 point shooting) vs. Griner's ability to stay on the floor and affect the game.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I think Minny takes it all...but I don't know about sweeping...seems there might not be much of that.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Chicago might be in trouble. Indiana was so physical, I thought they got away with ALOT of fouls. :)
Totally agree, it looked a lot like the first half of L'ville against Baylor, except Indiana didn't get in foul trouble!
IIRC, same thing happened last year, regrettably leading to an Indy title.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Indy all over Chicago, up 22 near the end of 3.

Brooms warming up.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Chicago totally out of sync -- awful - and hugely disappointing.

Reaction Score
Indiana tanked their last regular season game for a chance at this match up. Chicago's guards aren't athletic enough to stay with Indiana's guards.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Chicago played like crap. Hopefully this embarrassment will light a fire under them for next year. And please Pokey, put together a better bench, that can actually score.

Go PHX.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I think overconfident Atlanta, under gunned Seattle.
Chicago wins the next one, the decider is a toss-up
Can't figure out LA; may be over-rated.

So, What do i know?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Would love to see LA go down in 2. I really thought after LA had that awful year and landed Ogwumike that they were going to rise to the top but it isn't enough. I agree - the 2 x-factors in game 2 will be the shooting of Toliver (and LA's 3 point shooting) vs. Griner's ability to stay on the floor and affect the game.

Griner stayed on the court and had 18 points but Phoenix shot too many three pointers and was cold as ice. I think if Phoenix can get Dupree and BG each 20 shots a game that they win the title but I think they will continue to jack up 20+ footers and shoot themselves into the offseason. Way too often a guard runs down the court and takes a long range bomb with no rebounders under the basket.

Phoenix never established the inside game in the regular season and I don't see them doing it now. BOMBS AWAY!!!!

Reaction Score
Best 2 out of three is almost as brutal as one and out.
Indiana is a tough out. Basketball is a game of matchups and Chicago's matchup with Indiana is not at all favorable. Most good teams, though, become very good in stages. I like Chicago going forward for the next few years.
Minnesota caught a nice break with Chicago's early departure. the Lynx, certainly, did not play well against Seattle, but played well enough to beat a severely overmatched team.
If LA plays tight, then Phoenix will steal tonight's game.
Washington is capable of advancing, but I do not feel they are ready. Atlanta is battle tested and have the best player on the floor.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
What is with this best 2 out of 3 crap? What other sport does that?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Washington is capable of advancing, but I do not feel they are ready. Atlanta is battle tested and have the best player on the floor.
Great call re; Washington. They made a great game of it for the first half, had a 2 point lead after the 3rd quarter, then got obliterated in the 4th quarter. For the Mystics, nerves? Lack of playoff experience? Did Atlanta just wake up finally? Give Washington and Thiebeault a lot of credit- they hung tough for 2.75 games out of the 3, so to speak...

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I found this interesting, if Phoenix lose tonight none of the top 8 draft picks from this past season will be playing in playoffs.

Obviously it is hard for rookies to as huge of an impact in the pros compared for college because talents is vaster and more experienced but I thought it was interesting nonetheless.

I was really hoping the Mystics would win tonight and send Angel home but De Souza seemed like she was on a ladder tonight and everyone else was on their knees when it came to rebounds.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
What is with this best 2 out of 3 crap? What other sport does that?
The kind that doesn't have a lot of time, fans or patience for teams that don't come ready to play. NBA and men's tennis are embarrassing....

Reaction Score
I would like the people who claim Taurasi doesn't get the short end from the refs to defend that call at the end of the half.

While she brings a lot of it upon herself, she absolutely does get picked on by the officials.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Griner isn't helping Phx at all, they'd be blowing the Spark away if she showed up.

BTW CP3 is good

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
BG has stunk it up tonight. She needs to dominate in the last 6 minutes.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
if she gets in the game... Kizer is holding up well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom