Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
good game... tight finish, someone is going home upset tonight geesh

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Last possession and the best shot they could get was a Bonner 23 footer.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
wow BG came thru.... but lets see how this finish

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
What was Parker thinking with that last shot. Ridiculous. She just needed to be the hero.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
If BG can stay on the floor and Phoenix gets her the ball more, Phoenix can beat Minny. LA is much longer and taller than Minny and I don't see the Lynx having the height to stop Griner.

Reaction Score
If BG can stay on the floor and Phoenix gets her the ball more, Phoenix can beat Minny. LA is much longer and taller than Minny and I don't see the Lynx having the height to stop Griner.

Yes, the Griner matchup is a huge plus for Phoenix, but she could score 30 points a game and Phoenix would still lose. They would still lose because, defensively, Phoenix does not have the guards to make Lindsay Whalen work harder or to make Seimone Augustus take difficult shots. Now that Minnesota has become Maya's team, they are an even tougher matchup for Phoenix. Minnesota has no excuses since their three toughest matchups have been eliminated in the first round.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Was about as bad as EDD's game yesterday.

Don't even remind me. But let's be real here...the whole Sky team sucked. And you have to credit Catchings for her defense on EDD.

But I'm happy at least one of my teams gets out of the first round. :)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Is it true that the MVP of the league didn't get her team past the first round?

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Baseball does even less with it's wildcard.
The wildcard hunt is not the playoffs. The WNBA needs a best 3 out of 5 at this stage.

Great game, wasn't it! And a terrific interview with D and BG.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The wildcard hunt is not the playoffs. The WNBA needs a best 3 out of 5 at this stage.
Not wildcard hunt, wild card playoff. 1 off game now.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Chicago was 1-3 vs. Indiana during the regular season, now 1-4. They just don't seem to have an answer for Indy's combination of quickness, aggressiveness and confident shooting.

We will see what EPiph and EDD can do in Game 2. I'm not sure I would bet against a confident Fever team at home, though. I think Chicago goes down in a squeaker.

Minny will take care of Seattle in 2.

Phoenix / L.A. ... hmmmmm ..... I think it depends on Griner. Can she stay on the floor? DT will be DT. But will Griner play inspired ball ? IMHO Griner has to play her best for Phoenix to win in L.A. Not that she has to fill up the stat sheet necessarily but she has to keep affecting the game for more minutes, on more plays. If she fades into the background too often, Phoenix goes down.

Atlanta will pull their series to 1-1 and then win the closer at home.

I did OK, although I predicted that Chicago would lose in a 'squeaker' in Game 2 ..... it wasn't exactly a squeaker! And Griner didn't play great the whole game but she made enough plays, including the one at the end that really counted.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Don't even remind me. But let's be real here...the whole Sky team sucked. And you have to credit Catchings for her defense on EDD.

But I'm happy at least one of my teams gets out of the first round. :)

I only joke. Catching is one heck of a defender and was a major factor in shutting EDD down in the second half of game 1, as well.

BG needs to step it up against Minny. This should be a team that she can perform well against with her size. LA was a tough match-up.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
No, but we can be sure you would be dancing up and down and making public announcement if she had moved on.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
With all her skill does she not play a little "soft?"

Reaction Score
I would like the people who claim Taurasi doesn't get the short end from the refs to defend that call at the end of the half.

While she brings a lot of it upon herself, she absolutely does get picked on by the officials.
That call at the half was brought upon herself. Totally unnecessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom