Who do you want to see starting tomorrow? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Who do you want to see starting tomorrow?

Reaction Score
Lay ups. I would like to see the Huskies make many lay ups.
Amen. Our bigs think were playing volleyball. We never seem to establish an inside game except for Sanogo. He has a Hugh up-side. Perhaps he should slack off defense some to stay on the court for offensive opportunities. ????? He seems to be the only big that create at big pass target and finish shots.

Reaction Score
Just putting Bouk out there opens up the floor so much. Don't care if it's 4 v 5, just get the kid out there!

Reaction Score
My thoughts on today...

1. Sanogo needs to be able to cover Watson without fouling if we want to have a decisive victory. Whaley has been too much of a dud offensively lately--I think our goal needs to be that Sanogo can play 25 mins +. Whaley should be able to shut down either of their 4s defensively--they aren't very good.

2. I'm not quite sure who we have that is going to be able to cover Duke well. RJ probably doesn't have the size, though Gaffney is closer at 6'3. Best option is that Bouk is somehow ready to go for 25 mins a game... but assuming that isn't likely, I'd like to throw Jackson into the first there for half a dozen possessions. His length and pressure could take Duke out of his rhythm.

They are a terrible shooting team so this wouldn't be a bad game to mix up a little zone, but with Hurley I can't expect it. At minimum, I'd like to see us know our assignments and sag off the non-shooters like Gantt and Bynum.

3. Bynum that little guard they start is terrible and they don't have a good shotblocker to back up bad D. I'm thinking this would be a great game for Gaff to continue his solid play, or for RJ to have a hot scoring game.

4. Neither of their forwards are very good. I expect a big rebounding night from Martin, and if his shot is on, he could have a high scoring game as well.

I think we have the advantage at the 1 and the 3/4. Duke and Watson at the 2 and 5 are going to give us fits if we haven't prepared well and aren't flexible enough in our approach when they change something up.

Reaction Score
“I think Gaffney’s been coming on in practice. He got out of the gate slow. I think he’s starting to find better form,” Hurley said.
Of course, Hurley still expects more from Gaffney, not to mention the rest of the roster as well.
“We need more. We need more production. We need better play at point. I need to coach better. We need to play better at all positions,” Hurley said.

Seems like Gaff at the 1 is almost a lock based on these comments.

Reaction Score
Without Bouk I'd like my starting lineup to be Gaffney, Cole, Polley, Whaley and Sanogo.

I like the idea of energy coming off the bench and we would get that with Martin, Jackson, Adams. Carlton doesn't necessarily bring energy but he does offer experience off the bench.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Without Bouk I'd like my starting lineup to be Gaffney, Cole, Polley, Whaley and Sanogo.

I like the idea of energy coming off the bench and we would get that with Martin, Jackson, Adams. Carlton doesn't necessarily bring energy but he does offer experience off the bench.
Replace Polley w Martin, please.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom