Who do you want to see starting tomorrow? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Who do you want to see starting tomorrow?

Reaction Score
Can we win 50/50 balls please? I mean the Huskies were awful in that area last game and it hurt. Whoever starts please begin by sticking your nose in on every loose ball, get on the floor dammit.

Reaction Score
Part of the reason this team is where it's at is because Martin has been the 2nd or 3rd best player. He's limited in what he can do and for UConn to go as far as many of us want them to go, Martin needs to become a top role player, not a featured player.
Martin has shown stretches of being the "man ". Seems like a Rip Hamilton type player and perhaps need more minutes in the middle where he can hit a short jumper or drive if our post player sets a good deep screen. I love what he can do, he just has to shoot or create a lot more. At time he is too passive, we need him or Jackson being very active.

Reaction Score
Martin has shown stretches of being the "man ". Seems like a Rip Hamilton type player and perhaps need more minutes in the middle where he can hit a short jumper or drive if our post player sets a good deep screen. I love what he can do, he just has to shoot or create a lot more. At time he is too passive, we need him or Jackson being very active.
Yeah, Rip is definitely the comp for Martin.

yeah right whatever GIF

Reaction Score
What it will be? Adams and who knows who else.

Who it should be? Probably Gaff, Cole, Martin, Whaley, Sanogo. Maybe sub in Jackson for Whaley. I'm assuming Bouk plays but doesn't start, though that's obviously just a guess. Otherwise, he takes Cole's spot.

Reaction Score
If Bouknight is posting about "patience" on Instagram, that has to mean his chances of playing are a lot lower than everyone thought.

As far as a starting lineup, what I'd like to see (assuming no Bouknight) is:
Gaffney, Cole, Jackson, Martin, Sanogo

Bring Whaley off the bench.

What I expect to see is:
Gaffney, Adams, Martin, Whaley, Sanogo

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
No part of those quotes read as Hurley taking shots at Bouknight for not working hard. He wasn't healthy enough to play the other day, he wanted to play the other day and doctors said no.

You're more than welcome to take shots and fall on Chief's side of Bouknight is selfish, but you'll be on the wrong side of history when you do

I'm not taking shots at Bouk. I genuinely believe some days the arm feels better than others. Coaches are big believers in the best abilities being- availability and reliability. I don't think Hurley wants to game plan of having Bouk available for a full game and two minutes in to the game, he's reinjured it. Until Bouk can consistently go in practice, I'm a skeptic on Hurley using him.

As I said, no fan wants Bouk healthy and able to contribute more than me.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Yeah, Rip is definitely the comp for Martin.

yeah right whatever GIF

@Get a Job , thanks for trying to make sense of the Martin is a blossoming Rip take.

Martin is Donny Marshall has merit.
Martin is Shonn Miller has merit.
Martin is Rip is assinine.

Reaction Score
I'm not taking shots at Bouk. I genuinely believe some days the arm feels better than others. Coaches are big believers in the best abilities being- availability and reliability. I don't think Hurley wants to game plan of having Bouk available for a full game and two minutes in to the game, he's reinjured it. Until Bouk can consistently go in practice, I'm a skeptic on Hurley using him.

As I said, no fan wants Bouk healthy and able to contribute more than me.
Fair enough, I don't think we disagree then. All I was saying is there's a difference between Hurley not feeling Bouk is healthy enough to contribute and Hurley publicly taking shots at Bouk because he's not working hard, which is what you asked

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Fair enough, I don't think we disagree then. All I was saying is there's a difference between Hurley not feeling Bouk is healthy enough to contribute and Hurley publicly taking shots at Bouk because he's not working hard, which is what you asked

Reaction Score
Yesterday’s quotes completely contradicts Saturday’s quotes.....just saying
No it doesn't. Saturday's quotes said he'd be a game time decision every game starting Wednesday. Yesterday's quote says he's a game time decision Wednesday

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Starters
Gaffney Bouk Martin Whaley Sanogo
Bench
Cole Jackson Polley Cartlon

Adams

Reaction Score
No it doesn't. Saturday's quotes said he'd be a game time decision every game starting Wednesday. Yesterday's quote says he's a game time decision Wednesday
No it went from he felt good enough to play and he put pressure on the Doctors. To he needs to get comfortable to where he feels well enough to play. What changed?

Reaction Score
No it went from he felt good enough to play and he put pressure on the Doctors. To he needs to get comfortable to where he feels well enough to play. What changed?
Why don't you fill us in? You claim to know more than everyone else including Hurley and the beat writers on this subject

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Yes, so it's a question of health, not work ethic

"Feeling good enough to play" isn't exactly a health determination. At least not physical health.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
Kkalid, Allen, Caron, Emeka, Drummond.

Reaction Score
"Feeling good enough to play" isn't exactly a health determination. At least not physical health.
Yeah we'll have to agree to disagree here. That's exactly how I would describe someone recovering from an injury

Reaction Score
@Get a Job , thanks for trying to make sense of the Martin is a blossoming Rip take.

Martin is Donny Marshall has merit.
Martin is Shonn Miller has merit.
Martin is Rip is assinine.
Yes, lots of options for him. He has the body, loves to drive and challenge and is a good passer. He should touch the ball inside the key a lot instead of coach sitting him in the corners for a 3 or drive on the baseline. There are many more options if he plays in the middle. He or Jackson fill this need and open up the inside.

Reaction Score
Reading between the multiple tea leaves, and this is what I’ve come up with:

starting 5 - Cole, Gaffney, Martin, Sanogo, Whaley

• Bouk active and available and only used in emergency (I.e. we get down big) or plays 5 minutes in 1st half to test and that will determine 2nd half and late game usage.
  • Possible if we lead comfortably all game that we don’t see him at all.
  • Jax big part of the game plan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom