Who do you want to see starting tomorrow? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who do you want to see starting tomorrow?

Reaction Score
Gaffney, Bouk, Martin, Whaley and Sanogo would be my pick.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Where is the dislike button for first half of that scoop?

Considering word put out was Bouk was healthy enough to play four days ago, is any of this a shot at Bouk to practice harder or prepare better for a game?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

This quote pretty much stands out on its own:

"Gaffney’s been coming on in practice,” Hurley said. “He got out of the gate slow, and I think he’s starting to find a better form. Listen, we need more. We need more production, we need better play at point guard, we’re searching a little bit. You know, we didn’t start winning last year until Gaffney took over the point guard position.”

Reaction Score

Considering word put out was Bouk was healthy enough to play four days ago, is any of this a shot at Bouk to practice harder or prepare better for a game?
No, I think you're reading WAY too much into that

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

No, I think you're reading WAY too much into that

Well, there is this quote from Hurley:

If you’re squinting to read between those lines, there is not yet certainty on James Bouknight’s return from his elbow surgery. “He’s been in and out of stuff,” Hurley said, “and he’ll be a game-time decision, I’d imagine, for the foreseeable future if he’s not active. At this point it’s his ability to get to a point where he’s feeling good enough to play.”

Doesn't exactly sound like coach is confident on what can expect from Bouk.

I said last week I was getting bad vibes from what is going on with Bouk. After Saturday's game reports were more forthcoming and I figured he was a gimme for at least some minutes tomorrow. Now? Not so sure. No one wants to see Bouk on the floor more than me.

I was also doubtful of Hurley gov ng Jackson a longer leash and letting Jackson just play for extended minutes. I'll gladly eat that crow based off of last game.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Gaff, Bouk, Jackson, Sanogo, Whaley.
This is what I envisioned as our starting lineup by mid season, way back at the beginning of the year. I wouldn't be terribly upset to see Martin over Jackson, but this is the winning lineup.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If you don’t have Martin starting, delete your account.
head bang

martin is our 2nd best player...
have sanogo and carlton been on the floor at the same time for even 1 second??

Part of the reason this team is where it's at is because Martin has been the 2nd or 3rd best player. He's limited in what he can do and for UConn to go as far as many of us want them to go, Martin needs to become a top role player, not a featured player.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Bouknight, Gaffney, Martin, Sanogo, Whaley.

All Gaffney needed was confidence, hopefully he got that last game so he’ll cruise like he did last year.

Reaction Score
Jackson had one good game, Martin multiple. Martin is solid, though I'd like to see him be more aggressive. Also Martin does bring D1 experience.

Jackson is perfect as the 6th man, or off the bench. Opponents already a little winded and then Hurley inserts a tornado.

Reaction Score
Like to see the optimism on the BY for a Bouk start. Also think there's a little gamesmanship going on between DH/Cooley based on their URI/Providence history as to how DH is playing it with the press.

Reading tea leaves/DH quotes looks like Gaff might be starting.

I'm more interested in who is on the floor at crunch time. Guessing you'll be seeing Bouk then.

Reaction Score
No Bouk:

Cole, Gaffney (he deserves this chance), Martin, Whaley, Sanogo. Lots of Jackson and use Josh in and out on the big guy to help with a foul situation. While he's an impact on one end I see no reason Sanogo won't score on them at will. And please, more than 4 shots form Martin?

Reaction Score
Well, there is this quote from Hurley:

If you’re squinting to read between those lines, there is not yet certainty on James Bouknight’s return from his elbow surgery. “He’s been in and out of stuff,” Hurley said, “and he’ll be a game-time decision, I’d imagine, for the foreseeable future if he’s not active. At this point it’s his ability to get to a point where he’s feeling good enough to play.”

Doesn't exactly sound like coach is confident on what can expect from Bouk.

I said last week I was getting bad vibes from what is going on with Bouk. After Saturday's game reports were more forthcoming and I figured he was a gimme for at least some minutes tomorrow. Now? Not so sure. No one wants to see Bouk on the floor more than me.

I was also doubtful of Hurley gov ng Jackson a longer leash and letting Jackson just play for extended minutes. I'll gladly eat that crow based off of last game.
No part of those quotes read as Hurley taking shots at Bouknight for not working hard. He wasn't healthy enough to play the other day, he wanted to play the other day and doctors said no.

You're more than welcome to take shots and fall on Chief's side of Bouknight is selfish, but you'll be on the wrong side of history when you do

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Gaffney
Cole
Martin
Whaley
Sanogo

Jackson and Polley first off the bench.

Reaction Score
Gaffney, Cole, Sanogo, Whalley, Martin

Bouknight first off the bench

Online statistics

Members online