Who do you guys want TB or the Tribe? | The Boneyard

Who do you guys want TB or the Tribe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Price came up huge last night hoping Cobb does the same wed.

Reaction Score
Tampa is clearly the better team in my mind, but I'm starting to worry about the rejuvenation of Ubaldo Jimenez and Scott Kazmir. What the heck is going on over there in Cleveland???

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I want Francona to win every game except against the Sox.

Reaction Score
I would think using 2 top pitchers this week would weaken TB's staff for the series and they could be the better choice......no Price until Saturday and Cobb maybe only once??

Reaction Score
Both teams worry me...TB is the better team and Cleveland seems to have some magic...

If not us...would love for Francona to win it...

Reaction Score
Cleveland. Although I think with the way things are going with Tampa, using starters up, they may be the "easier" team to beat.

I will always root for Tito outside games against the Red Sox and I just cannot root for a fan base like Tampa......cowbells, give me a break this is not a AA game in Portland

Reaction Score
Tampa is clearly the better team in my mind, but I'm starting to worry about the rejuvenation of Ubaldo Jimenez and Scott Kazmir. What the heck is going on over there in Cleveland???

Reaction Score
Good to see the fans still root for Tito considering how the Sox brass treated him on the way out!!

Reaction Score
I think Cobb is ready for his close up. Longoria ia on fire and homers tonight. 4-2 Tampa.

If they win its Moore, Price, Cobb fyi.

Reaction Score
Cleveland gagging on their chances tonight so far so good sink!!

Reaction Score
nice to see Swish didn't use up all his playoff suckitude while in pinstripes.

Reaction Score
I'll say this, this is the worst matchup of the 4 potential opponents (including Cleveland) that they could have ended up playing.
Boston doesn't do well against LH pitchers, and Tampa has two of the best in baseball.
I'd say it's going 5 and Lester takes on Price in Fenway for the chance to advance to the ALCS. Who knows who takes it. I could see either team.

Reaction Score
I'll say this, this is the worst matchup of the 4 potential opponents (including Cleveland) that they could have ended up playing.
Boston doesn't do well against LH pitchers, and Tampa has two of the best in baseball.
I'd say it's going 5 and Lester takes on Price in Fenway for the chance to advance to the ALCS. Who knows who takes it. I could see either team.
Great start for the Sox but it's only one win. Lackey will need to be very good to beat Price who seems to pitch his best in Fenway. If it does come down to a game 5 in Fenway, the Sox will have Lester with one more day of rest than Price. That could be the difference. For those of you that have been around, remember Lonborg vs. Gibson.

Reaction Score
Anyone catch David Price's twitter account? The guy is embarassing himself the way he's handling the loss. Even Olbermann had to shout him down after Price went after Hayhurst (which is fine) and Tom Verducci (very respected writer).

Reaction Score
Anyone catch David Price's twitter account? The guy is embarassing himself the way he's handling the loss. Even Olbermann had to shout him down after Price went after Hayhurst (which is fine) and Tom Verducci (very respected writer).
I've only seen Price against the Sox this season and he is obviously a much better pitcher than he showed in game 2. Like Moore, he was in love with his fastball because either that was all he had or it was a strategy set up with his coaches. The Sox take a million pitches and it looked liked Moore and Price were trying to too hard to throw first pitch fastball strikes. Madden loves stats so he may have wanted his pitchers to go right after the Sox hitters. The problem with that is the Sox changed their strategy and the Rays never did. I expect the Sox to go back to being more patient against Cobb.

Reaction Score

Price and Stacy Lewis should wait a day before they tweet!! :eek:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Price and Stacy Lewis should wait a day before they tweet!! :eek:

All players should disable their Twitter Accounts during the season.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The Sox take a million pitches and it looked liked Moore and Price were trying to too hard to throw first pitch fastball strikes. Madden loves stats so he may have wanted his pitchers to go right after the Sox hitters. The problem with that is the Sox changed their strategy and the Rays never did.

Are you saying Madden was out-managed? That's unpossible!

Reaction Score
Are you saying Madden was out-managed? That's unpossible!

Wasn't on Madden, Rays have looked like butchers in the field.........everywhere but especially the OF..........not a lot of errors but a lot of plays that should have been made!!

Husky25

Reaction Score
Errors (Mental or Physical) don't matter if you can't hit. It's a cliché but its true. Good pitching beats good hitting every day of the week and twice on Sunday. As good as Price ended the season, Lester had 9 quality starts in a row and only twice did he not complete 7 full innings between August 8 and September 20. On the other hand, while Moore and Price are pretty good pitchers in their own right, they were off their respective games on Friday and Saturday.

Good pitching kicks the crap out of good managing as well, which only accounts for 5-10 games a year anyway, unless the team and other coaches hate the manager (i.e. 2012 Red Sox).

Reaction Score
Very interesting matchup today, Cobb has been great down the stretch and relies on off speed pitches as opposed to Moore and Price who threw fastballs all day, which the Sox have crushed this series.

Cobb was off his game against Cleveland but they let him off the hook, I think he bounces back tonight at home with the 13k morons ringing their cow bells. Clay is gonna have to bring it for them to close out the series.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Very interesting matchup today, Cobb has been great down the stretch and relies on off speed pitches as opposed to Moore and Price who threw fastballs all day, which the Sox have crushed this series.

Cobb was off his game against Cleveland but they let him off the hook, I think he bounces back tonight at home with the 13k morons ringing their cow bells. Clay is gonna have to bring it for them to close out the series.

Trop is sold out...except for the half of the upper deck that is tarped over.

I am not worried at all about Buchholz bringing it. he is 3-1 with a 1.88 ERA since coming back. Cobb is 2-2 with an ERA over 4 in his career vs. the Red Sox.

Reaction Score

13K morons ringing cowbells........yeah that's worst than 37K morons cocked singing Sweet Caroline!!:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom