Who are the top three Boneyard analysts? | The Boneyard

Who are the top three Boneyard analysts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I am constantly impressed by the depth of knowledge many of the posters in here demonstrate about the UConn women and about the entire world of women's basketball. Sometimes I agree and sometimes I disagree, but I am always entertained when someone backs up his or her argument with facts, history and well-thought-out ideas.

With the depth of knowledge and supporting facts that posters bring, I sometimes find myself being impressed by opposite sides of the same argument. That said, who are the three regular boneyard posters with the best track records for having their analysis be on target? Gun to your head, who are your go-to guys? (I use the word guys in the gender-neutral Geno sense.)

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
I am constantly impressed by the depth of knowledge many of the posters in here demonstrate about the UConn women and about the entire world of women's basketball. Sometimes I agree and sometimes I disagree, but I am always entertained when someone backs up his or her argument with facts, history and well-thought-out ideas.

With the depth of knowledge and supporting facts that posters bring, I sometimes find myself being impressed by opposite sides of the same argument. That said, who are the three regular boneyard posters with the best track records for having their analysis be on target? Gun to your head, who are your go-to guys? (I use the word guys in the gender-neutral Geno sense.)
Doggydaddy and CatCamille are easily tied for first place IMO. A couple of other posters might be #3, but DD and CC are the best for me.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I'll volunteer to be one of the worst prognosticator's on how close games will be, but I usually get who will eventually win the game right. :)

JS

Reaction Score
Doggydaddy and CatCamille are easily tied for first place IMO. A couple of other posters might be #3, but DD and CC are the best for me.
I'll have to violate your three-person limit.

I think Doggy stands out for his comprehensive pre-game analyses which are just plain well done, including their objectivity. Nan can also do that sort of thing well but hasn't had time lately (and doesn't need to with DD on the case).

Others like Cat and Alex, and the several coaches, and even some of the most prolific posters on all subjects like ice and eric, show an impressive analytical ability.

But to mention any of these is to leave out a lot of people who put up pleasing gems of insight into the game. These are my favorites of all posts.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I read people's analysis to see if it agrees with mine. :rolleyes:

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
They are both excellent. Nan is, as well, and Scotter.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
There are several who are good. I cannot limit it to a top 3. Everyone mentioned previously, except myself, belongs on the list.

But I would put OldeCoach at or near the top.

Reaction Score
I've been reading the Boneyard for over 10 years, and I agree that it's a great source for all things related to basketball. This is a forum with a wealth of information on a variety of topics, not just basketball and, even though I never met any of you, I can honestly say that I like many of you. But since I can only choose 3, I'll choose DD, Ice and Alex. I may not always agree with everything they say, but I like the way they expose their theses.

Speaking of which (I'm thinking of JS, Nan or Wonkster in particular, but anyone else who might know): is "theses" the plural of "thesis?" I tried to look it up, but I ended up more confused then when I started. Thanks in advance.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
I've been reading the Boneyard for over 10 years, and I agree that it's a great source for all things related to basketball. This is a forum with a wealth of information on a variety of topics, not just basketball and, even though I never met any of you, I can honestly say that I like many of you. But since I can only choose 3, I'll choose DD, Ice and Alex. I may not always agree with everything they say, but I like the way they expose their theses.

Speaking of which (I'm thinking of JS, Nan or Wonkster in particular, but anyone else who might know): is "theses" the plural of "thesis?" I tried to look it up, but I ended up more confused then when I started. Thanks in advance.

yes

Reaction Score
Speaking of which (I'm thinking of JS, Nan or Wonkster in particular, but anyone else who might know): is "theses" the plural of "thesis?" I tried to look it up, but I ended up more confused then when I started. Thanks in advance.[/quote]

theses is plural.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
There are a lot of really smart, knowledgable, and passionate people on this board, and, disagreements notwithstanding, it's a pretty darn civil discussion usually. I'll just name a few folks who haven't been mentioned. In truth, I value just about everyone's opinion on here.

VowelGuy- I believe JS once referred to "Irritable Vowel Syndrome" in reaction to one of VG's characteristically caustic posts, but the (vowel) guy is knowledgable and insightful on a broad range of sports topics.

Sarals24- fellow Texan, used to play at the collegiate level I believe, has a lot of insight that I think sometimes slips under the RADAR on the board.

VAUConnFan and DaddyChoc- the resident contrarians, and God bless 'em. Board would be rather duller without them.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I didn't play in college, alexrgct, but thanks!

Reaction Score
Dogg. I see NC enough to be very knowledgeable, and he writes a better UCONN/NC scouting report than I could. Ice is the best responder.

Reaction Score
There are several who are good. I cannot limit it to a top 3. Everyone mentioned previously, except myself, belongs on the list.

But I would put OldeCoach at or near the top.

OldeCoach posts too rarely for my liking, but his posts are right on target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom