Whitney Bays moving from Maryland to Purdue | The Boneyard

Whitney Bays moving from Maryland to Purdue

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
..and some old Bay City Roller records in the attic..

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Another player leaving Brenda. If she's a crab eater, Whitney will miss the Old Bay Seasoning.

So much for the rumor that she was transferring to Wisconsin-Green Bay.

Reaction Score
There was a huge thread on Maryland's forum about her transfer (of course, it got deleted by Brenda's goons!) saying that Bays was happy at Maryland but was forced out of Maryland by Brenda herself...Just like all of her transfers leave to be closer to a ill parent. Bays already sat out a year and now has to again because of this transfer. Brenda uses a we are all a big happy family approach towards recruits and a lot of them fall for it.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=174&f=2580&t=9071224

That thread might give you guys a laugh. Your huskies will surely beat down the terps by 25+ in both meeting

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
That thread might give you guys a laugh. Your huskies will surely beat down the terps by 25+ in both meeting
I was a bit surprised a Terp fan wants to force UConn out of a zone. Does he think Maryland would do better against the Huskies' man-to-man defense, its bread and butter?

In fact I look forward to pressure from Uconn - Dolson has trouble getting down the floor.
LOL.

Reaction Score
There was a huge thread on Maryland's forum about her transfer (of course, it got deleted by Brenda's goons!) saying that Bays was happy at Maryland but was forced out of Maryland by Brenda herself...Just like all of her transfers leave to be closer to a ill parent. Bays already sat out a year and now has to again because of this transfer. Brenda uses a we are all a big happy family approach towards recruits and a lot of them fall for it.
..................................................................................

Whtney's mom was very upset about how her daughter was treated by Frese. Drey Mingo was too. Natasha Cloud left last year according to MD athletic department to be closer to a sick parent, the NCAA denied her transfer waiver. Hmmm

Neither Bays, or UMD released a statement thanking each other. Hmmmmm

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
When kids have their scholarship lifted by their current school then there should be no mandated year off with a transfer.

I agree. If it is not the player's choice then let her play immediately in another program.

Could we talk UCONN into lifting Jefferson's scholarship so that she will come back to Texas?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Nice pickup for Purdue. as for MD, ugh. I certainly look forward to the meetings the next 2 years. I fully expect MD to be ranked in the top 5 or so. and I also fully expect UCONN to blow them out. It should showcase the Grand Canyon type of divide between UCONN and the rest of the top teams in WCBB (notwithstanding Baylor this coming year...)

Reaction Score
When kids have their scholarship lifted by their current school then there should be no mandated year off with a transfer.

it should be made public by the NCAA, coerced silence by the head coach is a disgrace

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Nice pickup for Purdue. as for MD, ugh. I certainly look forward to the meetings the next 2 years. I fully expect MD to be ranked in the top 5 or so. and I also fully expect UCONN to blow them out. It should showcase the Grand Canyon type of divide between UCONN and the rest of the top teams in WCBB (notwithstanding Baylor this coming year...)

Should Duke land Davis and Russell does the canyon get a bit smaller? Or what if UNC gets Russell? If UNC lands Russell, whether you think Hatchell is a good coach or not, you have to wonder how good they will be. This would be an extreme amount of talent should it materialize this way. They would have incredible talent at every position.
  • McDaniel
  • Russell
  • DeShields
  • Washington
  • Gray
UNC will also have quite a few 4 star players coming off the bench. They are going to be a VERY deep team and will be able to press much of the game, which will allow these incredible athletes to play to their strength.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Should Duke land Davis and Russell does the canyon get a bit smaller? Or what if UNC gets Russell? If UNC lands Russell, whether you think Hatchell is a good coach or not, you have to wonder how good they will be. This would be an extreme amount of talent should it materialize this way. They would have incredible talent at every position.
  • McDaniel
  • Russell
  • DeShields
  • Washington
  • Gray
UNC will also have quite a few 4 star players coming off the bench. They are going to be a VERY deep team and will be able to press much of the game, which will allow these incredible athletes to play to their strength.
If Mercedes Russell ends up at UNC along with Diamond, they will still forever be a year behind Morgan, Moriah and Bree. i'd certainly put those 3 up against any other trio in WCBB, including Russell, Deshields, and Washington, and think we'd have at least a slight edge. Regardless, this coming year those kids wont be in college. the following year they (the UNC kids) will be freshmen. UCONN will still have Hartley, Dolson, KML, Stokes, Banks, and the terrific three.

Without sounding too arrogant, I don't care if UNC got the top 5 kids (1-5) from 2014 (Russell, Davis, Deshields, Reimer and Harper) . as freshmen, they won't stand a chance against seniors Hartley/Dolson, juniors Stokes/KML, and sophomores Bree/Moriah/Morgan.

But you raise a good point. I'd actually like to see Duke land Davis or Russell. now if Duke lands both, then they would obviously replace Baylor as the other top top team in WCBB come 2014 and beyond.

Perhaps i overstated it a bit with my "Grand Canyon divide" comment - i certainly expect Baylor and UCONN to be 1-2, and Duke to be a fairly close 3rd. after that, i do see a pretty big drop off. but since 2014 recruiting is still very fluid, it's hard to make any predictions as to where teams will be in 2015 and beyond...

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
  • McDaniel
  • Russell
  • DeShields
  • Washington
  • Gray

No matter who UNC signs, it's still going to be coached by Sylvia Hatchell.

Reaction Score

Didn't the kid from KSU get to play immediately when Patterson had another ritual cleansing.

Reaction Score
DD could be an improvement

UNC will be talented in 2013 no doubt about it... But like always, Hatchell and staff will get outcoached in the S16 or E8. DD will probably be the only player on the court who gives it her all on the defensive end. UNC always has bad coached teams on defense and offense... and their staff is basically recruiters and not xs and os

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
UNC will be talented in 2013 no doubt about it... But like always, Hatchell and staff will get outcoached in the S16 or E8. DD will probably be the only player on the court who gives it her all on the defensive end. UNC always has bad coached teams on defense and offense... and their staff is basically recruiters and not xs and os

What are you basing that opinion on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc