White Husky or Blue Husky? | The Boneyard

White Husky or Blue Husky?

Which Husky represents UConn more?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Which Husky represents UConn more? Penfield's white one or the blue toupee?

Reaction Score
I'm just curious if anyone thinks that the AD, after working on this for a while, presumably with Nike, presumably with a bunch gear already designed and printed, is going to take a photoshopped version of it from a fan and just say "Yeah, forget all that, we'll go with this?"

I mean seriously, does anyone think that will really happen? I'd eat a shoe if it did and post the video here.

Reaction Score
I'm just curious if anyone thinks that the AD, after working on this for a while, presumably with Nike, presumably with a bunch gear already designed and printed, is going to take a photoshopped version of it from a fan and just say "Yeah, forget all that, we'll go with this?"

I mean seriously, does anyone think that will really happen? I'd eat a shoe if it did and post the video here.
Maybe...if enough fans are concerned about keeping with the unique traditional white look that no other husky teams have.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score

It's called damage control my friend. People will do a lot when their asses are on the line. Negative PR isn't good for public officials. It's the least they can do since they never sought any feedback on the new logo upfront from the UCONN community but simply handed the reigns to a marketing firm to make the call.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score

I wouldn't want them to just use my version. I am not a graphic designer by trade. My version is just so people could see what a white version might look like. Im sure someone else could make it look better.

I agree that the odds of anything changing at this point are probably slim, but you never know. ASU recently redesigned their mascot and had it scrapped after people complained.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Where's the choice for indifferent?

The logo is growing on me. The deciding factor beween two articles of clothing will no longer be, Is it just words (UConn or University of Connecticut), or is Jonathan the friendly face licker prominant?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I wouldn't want them to just use my version. I am not a graphic designer by trade. My version is just so people could see what a white version might look like. Im sure someone else could make it look better.

I agree that the odds of anything changing at this point are probably slim, but you never know. ASU recently redesigned their mascot and had it scrapped after people complained.
I doubt it. Your version rocked.

There is zero chance that they'll change the roll out of the new logo, but there's no harm in expressing an opinion. It might even point the way for an eventual evolution back to the white, if there is enough opposition.

FWIW, I like white better, but the blue is fine.

Husky25

Reaction Score

And the Sun Devil never really left, they just changed the football helmets, IIRC. The old Jonathan is no more.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I doubt it. Your version rocked.

There is zero chance that they'll change the roll out of the new logo, but there's no harm in expressing an opinion. It might even point the way for an eventual evolution back to the white, if there is enough opposition.

FWIW, I like white better, but the blue is fine.

That is certainly a possibility. I think the white dog would look fantastic on a metalic blue helmet.

CL82

Reaction Score
That is certainly a possibility. I think the white dog would look fantastic on a metalic blue helmet.
Me too.

Reaction Score
It's called damage control my friend. People will do a lot when their asses are on the line. Negative PR isn't good for public officials. It's the least they can do since they never sought any feedback on the new logo upfront from the UCONN community but simply handed the reigns to a marketing firm to make the call.

Just because they didn't talk to you doesn't mean they didn't solicit any feedback....poor assumption

Reaction Score
Two things:

1) There is something off about the all-white one, and I think I figured it out: It a Charlie Villanueva dog. Has no eye-brows. You need some sort of depth in that area of the face.

2) The extra blue is needed for contrast. The all white one would get lost on White Uniforms and shirts. I think that is really all it comes down to. I get the want of a white husky, but it's not practical here I don't think. Also, no one else around the country, that I have seen, has said a word about it no being white. Generic, yes, but nothing about it not being white. No one else cares.

Reaction Score
Two things:

1) There is something off about the all-white one, and I think I figured it out: It a Charlie Villanueva dog. Has no eye-brows. You need some sort of depth in that area of the face.

2) The extra blue is needed for contrast. The all white one would get lost on White Uniforms and shirts. I think that is really all it comes down to. I get the want of a white husky, but it's not practical here I don't think. Also, no one else around the country, that I have seen, has said a word about it no being white. Generic, yes, but nothing about it not being white. No one else cares.
The UConn Trademark guy has said that Jonathan is still white...

Kyle Muncy@UConnTrademark
1h
@BpenfieldJ The Husky mascot is still all white. Logo is a graphic that has had blue, red, gray & white for yrs. The mascot is still unique.

15h
This is only a change to the logo "@Santini35: @UConnTrademark Question, is Jonathan still all white?"

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Just because they didn't talk to you doesn't mean they didn't solicit any feedback....poor assumption

In fact, we know that they asked Ollie, PP, Geno and several players. Presumably they are "fans" and part of the "UConn Community". I initially thought the white one from Pen might be better, but looking at them side by side, it is just too plain. It also looks even more wolf-like and agressive. The blue accents without the mask cause that effect.

CL82

Reaction Score

You have no idea how much I want this to happen now. Can I provide the shoe? Seeing you chow down on one of my kids' athletic shoes would be entertaining. I think they may violate 15 states' haz mat guidelines.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The UConn Trademark guy has said that Jonathan is still white...

1h
@BpenfieldJ The Husky mascot is still all white. Logo is a graphic that has had blue, red, gray & white for yrs. The mascot is still unique.

15h
This is only a change to the logo "@Santini35: @UConnTrademark Question, is Jonathan still all white?"

So the branding consistency lasted negative 6 days. Have Nike rework the logo so it resembles a white dog, send Penfield two cheerleaders and case of Rolling Rock and call it a day.

Everyone will be very happy, with the possible exception of the two cheerleaders.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

Or an ice blue helmet.

UCONN Football - Winter is Coming.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Husky25

Reaction Score
You have no idea how much I want this to happen now. Can I provide the shoe? Seeing you chow down on one of my kids' athletic shoes would be entertaining. I think they may violate 15 states' haz mat guidelines.
Ha,Ha, I thought you meant taking a fan's interpretation of the logo over a graphic artist's in Eugene, OR!!! :D

Reaction Score

Sure, this might spare me as it would be smaller...

Still, the husky has blue shading on the top of its head. We're all going to have to make our peace with that.

Reaction Score
I was ambivalent about the desire to retain an all-white husky logo, but if the mascot is going to remain all-white (and by that I mean both the real one and the costumed one), then the logo should match. Besides, why would an all-white Jonathan march into Coach Ollie's office and design a black (blue) and white image of himself? Is he a bit schizophrenic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom