Which university was turned down for Big 10 due to "academics" according to Wisc. AD Alvarez? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Which university was turned down for Big 10 due to "academics" according to Wisc. AD Alvarez?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The suggestion of UConn > B12 has also been put out there by one of your own: Guy Jones. According to some that I read on this board, Guy Jones has a pretty good historical track record.

In the recent past, Jones claims some interesting schools to the B12, including: UConn, Florida State, North Carolina, Duke, Clemson, and, of all schools, San Diego State.

In recent days, however, Jones has watered down the foregoing claim by saying that UConn would be invited next into the ACC if another ACC school abandoned ship.

Due to the vagaries of expansion (changing minds, etc.), it is not surprising for claims, then accurate, to become inaccurate over a short period of time.

Bottom line is that your President is undoubtedly correct: UConn is a major player and will land in a good spot before all is said and done.

you lost me at "vagaries" but brought me back with the nice line at the end. The only concrete idea that has stood the length of conf realignment is 1 of the 2. 1) no one knows squat 2) realignment is imminent and every idea is being tossed around by these conferences and folks like mhver have the greatest most up to date connections in the world of sports.

I chose to believe 1, unless mhver and crew say something positive about uconn. I'm lukewarm on uconn to the acc but currently Guy Jones has my vote of confidence. BELIEVE!

Reaction Score
Figure, you rotate Texas and Oklahoma...but then who else? Okie State...WVU?

I would take this in an absolute heartbeat. Anything and I mean, literally anything, to get our foot in the door.

That all being said, there is no way this is true and probably just this TuxedoYoda guy trying to rile us up after we busted his balls about saying Grant of Rights in every post.

Just an FYI.....this thing about UConn joining & playing a couple of games every year right by NYC didn't come from a trusted source. It was just a fun idea I had read elsewhere and I liked it. I thought my post made it clear this wasn't something I expected to happen. The limitations of Twitter can make things confusing but when I have something I think is legit, I tweet about my source.

Reaction Score
If the idea of playing games in NYC is appealing
Because of the combination Game/getaway big ten or B12 schools find appealing
Not playing in NYC does not preclude a Game/getaway in fact playing at an expanded Rent gives visitors many more options to the game/getaway
NYC, Boston, Newport, Cansinos, or autumn in New England take your pick.
I forgot Pepes Pizza(always my first stop when I'm in state)

Reaction Score
Not playing in NYC does not preclude a Game/getaway in fact playing at an expanded Rent gives visitors many more options to the game/getaway

You should forget Pepes. Everyone knows that Modern is the joint.

Reaction Score
You should forget Pepes. Everyone knows that Modern is the joint.

I don't know why Pepe's is downplayed locally. Is it because it is too popular? I come from out of state 3 times a year, and I've been to both recently. Pepe's is still the best. When you come in from out of town, you realize right away that Pepe's is all about that tomato sauce. No one else does it like them. But how hard can it be? Why can't others do it?

Reaction Score
I don't know why Pepe's is downplayed locally. Is it because it is too popular? I come from out of state 3 times a year, and I've been to both recently. Pepe's is still the best. When you come in from out of town, you realize right away that Pepe's is all about that tomato sauce. No one else does it like them. But how hard can it be? Why can't others do it?

Not sure. I grew up in cheshire, and there are three pizzas places in that small town that are better than the best pizza place in Boston. And Pepes, Sally's and modern are even better. New haven pizza is a phenomenon. It's the sauce and the seasoned ovens, I think.

Reaction Score
Not sure. I grew up in cheshire, and there are three pizzas places in that small town that are better than the best pizza place in Boston. And Pepes, Sally's and modern are even better. New haven pizza is a phenomenon. It's the sauce and the seasoned ovens, I think.
Rossini s has to be one, which are the other two?

Reaction Score
Mr. B's, and grand apizza of new haven. I may have stretched it a bit with the last two. I stand firmly behind Rossini's though.

Reaction Score
Rossini's all day. The other two are decent but nothing to come back home. On route 10 in hamden there is a place called Sergios. I would take them over anybody. Pepes, Modern, even Rossini's.

Reaction Score

It is utterly amazing that we can have discussions on this board about perception and then some refuse to accept that the perception is that a presence in Metro New York is important.

One can not change reality by denying it. Even on a message board. And acting like you can convince Texas that they would rather play a road game at the Rent than Met Life is flat out dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom