Which top seniors will return for the 21-22 season? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Which top seniors will return for the 21-22 season?

Reaction Score
So...LSU will be barely just good enough to keep the coach from getting fired again?

Yeah...not sure why they refuse to pull the plug. The program seems to be going nowhere. Not to be harsh, but they look to be one of the only schools in the SEC that don’t care about WBB.

Reaction Score
So...LSU will be barely just good enough to keep the coach from getting fired again?
I highly doubt we are making the tournament again next year, even with Pointer and Aifuwa (hasn't announced but assuming she does) back. Tiara Young honestly was a big reason we even had a winning conference record the first half of SEC season and she is now gone. Seay and Trasi are gone as well and no one behind them showed they were much better either. So you lose your 3rd, 4th and 5th best scorers (SEC stats only) with a bunch of unknown recruits. They added the Vandy transfer but she isn't a very good scorer.

Unless they get a big transfer recruit who can score, I would expect more of the same next year. Pointer can't do it all on her own. Teams will double or triple team her next year and basically make anyone else beat them IMO.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
As expected. Aifuwa returns for LSU. Jailen Cherry returns as well.
They really need to add another guard who can score more consistently. I like Cherry but she isn't very consistent.

I don't know what to make of Payne and Shematsi

Reaction Score
EyfN58gWQAcQhgG

Big for Georgia

Reaction Score
Yep. Staiti was looking around, at least a little bit, at other options, so having her choose to come back to UGA is a very nice win for them.

Reaction Score
They really need to add another guard who can score more consistently. I like Cherry but she isn't very consistent.

I don't know what to make of Payne and Shematsi
I like Payne. Not much to view of her. But with more playing time. She can give a spark on offense(nothing to really brag on with our offense of course). But she can take and hit the 3 and mid-range from what I've seen from here and tcu.

I wish Davis would break through. But she, Like Young, just don't fit what Fargas brings. Which is why I'm over her as well.

Davis and Young were both very impressive out of high school to be dwindled to the role they were playing.

Reaction Score
Georgias gonna be even better next year.... do you know if Combs is back too?
Isn't she classified as a redshirt junior this year? I would think so. They signed a really strong duo (Hollingshead and Richardson)

Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 7.59.40 PM.png

I'm curious if they add from the portal as well, maybe to get some more shooters.

Reaction Score
Isn't she classified as a redshirt junior this year? I would think so. They signed a really strong duo (Hollingshead and Richardson)

View attachment 66719
I'm curious if they add from the portal as well, maybe to get some more shooters.

She is. But who knows with the 2017 class.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Not specific to Georgia, but to a number of schools with seniors deciding to return. I just wonder how that will change team dynamics - most teams have a regular progression for their players from limited minutes as a freshman, to more minutes as a sophomore, more responsibility as a junior, and a glorious senior year. Georgia for example had 13 players this year and three due to graduate replaced by two incoming freshmen. Now at least 2 senior starters are coming back for a fifth year which reduces minutes for the 4th year seniors, and back down the order to the freshman that will have a hard time finding minutes.

I think the next years of extra eligibility may well help fuel the transfer portal as players see their path forward somewhat blocked. It is a blessing for teams to have the extra experience of talented players, it may just create other issues elsewhere in the roster.

Reaction Score
Talk about a season leaving you with a bad taste in your mouth. I would have a major chip coming back.
They should be very good, certainly top-25. They return their entire core rotation, plus they add Tekia Mack, Kierra Collier, and a top 2021 recruit in Aneesah Morrow.

Will be interesting to see them and Marquette battle it our for second.

Reaction Score

Erin Whalen, Araion Bradshaw, and Jenna Giacone returning to Dayton - announced back in late April.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Not sure how I missed this but the top Aggie is returning.... High Point beware.

Reaction Score
I think the teams that will benefit the most are those who have players that aren't likely 1st round pro prospects but are excellent collegiate players.

Names to keep an eye on include Didi Richards, Moon Ursin, Dijonai Carrington, Anastasia Hayes, Andra Espinoza Hunter, Vivian Gray, Unique Thompson, N'Dea Jones, Ciera Johnson, Kayla Wells, Jasmine Walker, Kiana Williams, and Mya Hollingshed.

All of these players should be eligible for a grad transfer if they aren't 5th years already (Ciera Johnson) so the offseason could definitely shake things up.
Mya is a fifth year. Projected as a high second round choice this past year, she hopes to break into first round.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom