Which top seniors will return for the 21-22 season? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Which top seniors will return for the 21-22 season?

Reaction Score
I'm interested in the Texas A&M seniors. Pretty huge for the SEC race.

Arkansas also is interesting situation.

I assume Rennia Davis is going.

Hearing some rumblings about at least one of Arkansas's super-senior guards sticking around. Almost certainly not all three, though.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Anthony Anderson of the South Bend Tribune says ND senior post Mik Vaughn is thinking of moving on, but is still considering her possibilities.

As DaBall noted, UNC graduate and current ND grad student Destinee Walker will move on after two years at South Bend.

And Nicole Benz, the former manager who joined the team and garnered a championship ring her freshman year, and then a full scholarship her senior year, has a non-hoops job set up in Chicago. Given her reported stellar academic record, I'm sure it's a good one. She got her first action of the year when she started for the Irish against FSU last night.

That's it for the Irish!

Last edited:

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Braxtin Miller will return for Ohio State. Haven't seen anything about grad transfer Tanaya Beacham staying around. Those are the only two on the team whose eligibility would run out in a typical seaon.

I can't find a link, just heard BTN analysts say it whenever Ohio State plays.

Reaction Score
One player not mentioned so far: Evina. I find it interesting that the CT press has not asked her or Geno about it.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
One player not mentioned so far: Evina. I find it interesting that the CT press has not asked her or Geno about it.
Time and place.

Before Covid, the media would have access to the players after practice at Gampel or the Werth Center. Now, it's a matter of which players are made available via zoom. I'm not sure when Evina last appeared on a zoom availability but it wasn't at a time when her returning would be a burning question.

Now, with the end of the regular season approaching, I would expect the question to be posed to Geno and Evina if the media has access to her.

Reaction Score
Gondrezick said this was her last season even before it started.

Reaction Score
Braxton Miller of Ohio st coming back.

Reaction Score
This potentially will have HUGE implications for who will be the top teams next year.

It's all water under the bridge, but I can't help but think how much timing and bad luck can effect someone--Kat Tudor got to play 3 1/3 seasons while a bunch of players are potentially going to be able to play 4 2/3 seasons. She was just born 1 year too early.
No doubt a killer for her and Oregon St

Reaction Score
I thought most seniors participate in senior day activities. Are they saying because they did so that they intend not to return?
Some are not participating if they've decided to come back next year.

Vanderbilt sounds like they are losing a player to the pros. 3rd leading scorer

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
For Stanford, Tara said in a recent video (sorry, I forgot which one) that she'd like Kiana Williams to come back. I don't know how likely that is to actually happen.
At Senior Day today, Tara said she would like all three seniors to return and she's ordered their jerseys for next year. Fan thinking on the Cardboard is that none of them are really likely to come back, though. Alyssa Jerome doesn't play a lot, Kiana Williams is projected at least by some as a second round WNBA draft pick, and for Anna Wilson this was already her 5th year.

Reaction Score
I would think “top seniors” would most likely be eyeing and being eyed my the WNBA. What is considered a “top senior”?

Reaction Score
On edit,
Even without Vaughan, ND will have 14 = return 12 + frosh Citron + transfer Dodson.

Even without Vaughan, ND will have 11 = return 9 + frosh Citron + transfer Dodson.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom