Which schools benefited the most from the portal? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Which schools benefited the most from the portal?

Reaction Score
I have mentioned this before. The Texas Q.B. left , went to Ohio State, received 2 million in endorsements, came back to Texas and is making 4 million per.
Prime example , this will be the new norm for all college sports . The bidding war is legal now and as much as we hate to say it when it comes to our precious young athletes the money will be the deciding factor based on the school's bucket of NIL endorsers. The bigger the school the more the money. Unless a small mid major invests all NIL deals and money into 1 top recruit resulting in a weird commitment. Waiting on that one to happen too.

Reaction Score
Impressed that Lou was ranked in the top 29 transfers. Most of the players in this list are top flight talent.

Reaction Score
Impressed that Lou was ranked in the top 29 transfers. Most of the players in this list are top flight talent.
Yours may be the right take on this situation. But I’m not sure what to make of many of these estimates. Some (like Rivers) are mainly based on high school rankings, and others are based on what they did at other schools before transferring. I don’t think Lou was well known at the recruiting stage and this makes it hard to know how to place her next to someone like Rivers. On the other hand, Lou has a stellar record of achievement at a lesser program and the challenge is estimating how this has prepared her for the level of play at a major D1 program. Is she comparable to Abby Meyers? Or Lavender Briggs? Or Sara Scalia? Or Rickea Jackson? I can imagine answering these questions either way.

The players whose experience and/or record put them obviously above Lou seem to have come from Maryland: Reese, Collins and Owusu. Like Lou, these were go-to players every night, but they did it at a major D1 program. The only caveat I can imagine is the fact that so many kids left Maryland. This either means Friese’s program was too demanding, or not demanding enough. Either way, the culture of the team was not enough to hang onto them. We lost several players, too, but none of them were getting even regular rotation minutes. Losing even one such player in a season is quite unusual for us. Minnesota and Oregon are other examples of schools who lose major players to the portal.

Reaction Score
The combination of NIL plus the no sit rule for transferring is creating a storm. I don't have an issue with NIL but think the NCAA screwed up big time by not putting some types of restraints on it. Additionally, I've been not the least bit shy about my dislike for the no sit transfer rule. I didn't like waivers to not have to sit either and believe they should have only existed in extreme, and I mean literally extreme, circumstances. However that genie is also out of the bottle and isn't going back in.

Just give me my Decaf and Vanilla Wafers and let me shake my fist at the cloud for a bit lol.

Reaction Score
I don't have an issue with NIL but think the NCAA screwed up big time by not putting some types of restraints on it.
I’m not a law-talking guy, but I don’t think the NCAA had any legal basis for regulating NIL. It’s surprising to me that the old rules concerning student athletes making money survived as long as they did. A cultural fantasy about amateurism in athletics seems to have protected them.

Reaction Score
I’m not a law-talking guy, but I don’t think the NCAA had any legal basis for regulating NIL. It’s surprising to me that the old rules concerning student athletes making money survived as long as they did. A cultural fantasy about amateurism in athletics seems to have protected them.
You are probably correct, but the NCAA "could" have gotten in front of the issue but dug their heels in and refused to change with the times. And yes, I am not a fan of the larger organization lol.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom