Which matchups are you most looking fwd to vs Duke? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Which matchups are you most looking fwd to vs Duke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I'm very curious to see how Mercedes Riggs develops as she looks to have some potential at PG.

Riggs has feistiness to her game, a little bit of Jen Rizzotti without the high level talent.

Another key to this game is to let Calhoun shoot from the outside while keeping her off the foul line.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The facts are Elizabeth Williams has put up consistently good numbers but has not led her team to any national championships. Stefanie Dolson has put good numbers and has been an impactful player on two national championship teams. I think that would qualify her as an all time great center for UConn. If somebody has a different opinion so be it. It's all opinions here folks. Looking forward to whoever matches up with Williams and Stevens. Hopefully the refs let them play a little inside. Nobody wants to see key players in foul trouble on touch fouls.
Switch Williams with KML and Williams would have 2+ NC's at UCONN while KML would have "led" her Duke team to 0. There's a reason it's 5 on 5 and not 1 on 1.
Eric no bashing here but numbers are just that, I do use them myself but they are not the defining judgement of a player. Dolsons persona is something you can't put a number on or what she ment to the team at the time. Jamelle Elliott's numbers would have never made her an all american but without her the first NC would have not happened.
Not sure why so many get wrapped up with Duke on our forum or why they spend so much time here, do they not have one? Or are they closet UCONN fans and it goes over my head?
It's not so much getting wrapped up in the numbers as it is the mystifying criticism of Williams on the BY. She's had a terrific career at Duke no matter how you slice the numbers, and will probably be a really solid if not a terrific pro.

Reaction Score
And since you asked it wasn't even a week ago that Elizabeth Williams put a 20 20 game against Oklahoma University. I politely ask you please do research before you want to talk about ANY player.

BlueDevils- - - I do my research, I'm excessive compulsive so I overdue everything that I'm passionate about! EW had a 20/20 game vs Okla Univ.! This may be the worst OU team in the last 8-10 years or so! They are 7W/5L to date! EW was outstanding vs a down opponent once again!
I'm talking about dominating a game vs UCONN/Baylor/L'ville/TXam/Stanford (with Ogumike's)/TX (now)/ND/SoCar/etc. ON THE BIGGEST STAGE POSSIBLE!
I realize Duke has had some horrific injuries in the recent past but Duke vs outstanding competition in regular season, ACC Tourney, NCAA Tourney, EW has been a non-factor everytime!
I am only talking about her ability to rise to the occasion of a top opponent has never happened! I have heard she is a nice girl and brilliant student, I am only talking about her BB performances to date, but her being overall #1 coming out of HS, and the "talking suits" building her up to be one of the great players, it hasn't happened! She is a good BB player, not a great BB player!

Reaction Score
I hope you Duke fans are just as upset with your own coach's remarks as you are with opinions of fans of opposing team. I just listened to the opening minutes of the post game presser and McCallie said Duke played pathetic, had no leadership, did not play hard.....all with EW sitting right next to her.

Reaction Score
I don't want to say "think before you post", but I would at least ask that those criticizing Williams get some facts straight before spouting off...

I would also apply that 'think before you post' advice to those in this thread that somehow view criticism of EW's basketball play as being criticism of her as a person.

Watching the replay Doris Burke may have implied what I think many that think EW is overrated are saying. Burke said that in order for Duke to make a final four run EW has to show up in games like this. The implication could be that she hasn't in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom