Which is the better UConn cheer? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Which is the better UConn cheer?

Which UConn cheer do you think is better?

• The Classic: U C O N N UConn! UConn! UConn!

• The Upstart: UConn... Huskies; UConn... Huskies; UConn... Huskies; Huskies ...UConn; Woof!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
Those were all original flavor of course, here’s the upstart:

For @sledog who seemingly doesn’t know what the hell is happening in this thread.

Reaction Score
I like this one drowning out the Notre Dame Alma Mater . . .

My friends and I called this “The Moon Game” because the idea of UConn a) playing in South Bend and b) WINNING in South Bend was, at one time, as implausible as putting a man on the moon.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Some examples of the power, majesty and intimidation:

I always laugh at the "brand new wave, upside down wave" in there. Uh, kinda...

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
This is out of a goshdarn movie
If no one gets around to it first, I may write this book. It is a story that needs to be told.

Reaction Score
Those were all original flavor of course, here’s the upstart:

For @sledog who seemingly doesn’t know what the hell is happening in this thread.

I still don't know. Tie the name & cheer together already.

Reaction Score
This. The classic is the best but needs to be in the right situation. Other one can be started by anybody in any situation.
Always loved our knockout chant for fouling out. So obnoxious.

Reaction Score
Both are good. Just hope we can all agree that the "U C, Let's Go *clap clap* U C, Let's Go" chant should be absolutely buried and tucked away forever.
Nah that chant is just for when UConn has the ball and the cheerleaders and students start chanting that. I usually chant along
Some examples of the power, majesty and intimidation:

I was at that game. My second time ever at MSG. That chant gave me and everyone else goosebumps.

Reaction Score
There’s just nothing better in sports than the classic U C O N N UConn UConn UConn chant after the opposing team calls a timeout from us going on a run.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I can't stand the "Huskies-UCONN-Woof" chant. And it's the only one they do at the women's games...

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
I like the upstart because of the woof at the end lol

Reaction Score
In game... U C O N N UConn UConn UConn. is WAY better.

In a crowd after a big win (or anywhere really) UConn...Huskies! Etc is amazing.
I agree 100% with this. I’m ok with either though, as long as it’s not the horrible new chant where kids say U C O N N very fast. That needs to be abolished immediately or Fishy can punch some more throats.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I'm just looking forward to when Kernkraft 400 is finally phased out. I despise it.

Reaction Score
I’m having breakfast in my Clearwater hotel on an particularly happy Sunday morning in 1999. The local paper’s unusually thick Sports section has a side article of the Top Ten Things about the Final Four. Listed as Best Cheer was U-C-O-N-N.

UCPusky

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber
Reaction Score
Yep 8893 exactly. Also anyone who was at the 99(?) comeback win at the Garden vs the Johnnies with a raucous crowd, #2 was earth trembling exiting MSG that day.

My brother and I attended this game separately. He sat in the lower bowl with his college roommate who had purchased tix through St. John’s. I was in upper bowl with a friend and all UConn fans. After the game, my brother could not find the words to describe how loud the U-C-O-N-N cheer was as it thundered down from above. Amazing memory and in-game cheer. This “old man” voted #1. Class of ‘86.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Red's cheer rocks the house, even MSG, and opposing fans hate it

This is a no contest, this is akin to asking what franchise is better, the Patriots or the Jets

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom