Which is the better UConn cheer? | The Boneyard

Which is the better UConn cheer?

Which UConn cheer do you think is better?

• The Classic: U C O N N UConn! UConn! UConn!

• The Upstart: UConn... Huskies; UConn... Huskies; UConn... Huskies; Huskies ...UConn; Woof!

Results are only viewable after voting.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think this is going to break out by age, but let's see. Be sure to post why below and your graduation year.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'll start us off. To me it's not close. The Classic is probably the one of the most devastating cheers in college basketball. Think about times we've whipped that out after a devastating run in a huge game. The arena is deafening and the opponents look unnerved. Syracuse players in particular must hear it in their dreams and wake up in a cold sweat. Tom Izzo's hearing has probably never been the same since the game against us in Garden. It is a fearsome weapon lead by a devilishly handsome red giant. It is everything that is good is college basketball.

On the other hand, the Upstart gets trotted out at random times. It is more of a time filler during breaks. For me at least, there is no comparison.

(Class of '82)

Reaction Score
I'll start us off. To me it's not close. The Classic is probably the one of the most devastating cheers in college basketball. Think about times we've whipped that out after a devastating run in a huge game. The arena is deafening and the opponents look unnerved. Syracuse players in particular must hear it in their dreams and wake up in a cold sweat. Tom Izzo's hearing has probably never been the same since the game against us in Garden. It is a fearsome weapon lead by a devilishly handsome red giant. It is everything that is good is college basketball.

On the other hand, the Upstart gets trotted out at random times. It is more of a time filler during breaks. For me at least, there is no comparison.

(Class of '82)

Never more prevalant than at MSG vs the Spartans. It made Izzo call TO's, wrinkled his face it was absolutely a "fearsome weapon" as you said in that game, and so many others too.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
2008 - UConn/Huskies, UConn/Huskies etc. It's the clear winner because you can start that cheer literally anywhere there are more than 5 UConn fans and you'll get a response. Especially at MSG after we've just beaten 'Quse

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Class of 2000

It's a bit of Sophie's choice, but can't go wrong with the classic. It brings the energy or the energy brings it. You also can't f it up, like I did the UConn Huskies chant this one time.

Reaction Score
How about the third option: BLUE....WHITE! Just kidding that one is awful.

Classic option easily. It only happens on a big run. It has conditioned me to go from 18:00-00:00.

Reaction Score
Underrated: spelling out UConn in that 90’s jock jam song they play at tipoff.

Edit: class of 2013, I voted for the classic. The other one is fine, but not really a “cheer” in the same kind of goosebump-inducing way.

Last edited:

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Class of 1990. Classic version 100%. I actually hate option 2. Truly has no flow of any kind. It's kind of plodding and does nothing for me.
And get off my lawn!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
They serve different purposes. U-C-O-N-N is for when the opponent calls a timeout during a great basketball run or a TD in football. Option 2 is more of a wake up call or a greeting. If you see a stranger rocking gear in an unexpected place you don’t start spelling out. You go UConnnnn and usually get a Huskiesssss.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom