Which conference will have the best Winning Percentage in the NCAAT | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Which conference will have the best Winning Percentage in the NCAAT

Which P6 Conference will have the best winning percentage when the tournament ends?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I think the SEC was down. But in this down SEC, Iowa would finish around 5th or 6th.

Elite midmajor style ball is still midmajor. Doesn’t travel outside the midwest.
No, Iowa would not have finished 5th. LSU would have been 5th in the Big10 though. From a National relevance, the SEC is down,they only had 3 teams in the top 16 and I think LSU will have a tough time advancing today.

Reaction Score
LSU is laughable to be a top 16 seed, let alone top 25 who has gotten beat by all the teams with a pulse this year. Y'all will see it later today. If we are ranking the SEC teams as of today, they are probably 5th in the conference pecking order

Going based on coaching ability, Dawn, Harper, Coach Yo and now it appears (Coach Purcell and Coach Abe) are apparent better coaches. Their teams got better as the season went along, while Kim's teams have gotten worse... She doesn't make any adjustments. Her entire game plan is throw it to Reese, and pray. Michigan has competent players and coaching, that game plan won't work...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No, Iowa would not have finished 5th. LSU would have been 5th in the Big10 though. From a National relevance, the SEC is down,they only had 3 teams in the top 16 and I think LSU will have a tough time advancing today.
I don’t know how anyone but a hyperpartisan could watch Georgia and Iowa and see anything but two teams separated by homecourt advantage.

Reaction Score
LSU is laughable to be a top 16 seed, let alone top 25 who has gotten beat by all the teams with a pulse this year. Y'all will see it later today. If we are ranking the SEC teams as of today, they are probably 5th in the conference pecking order

Going based on coaching ability, Dawn, Harper, Coach Yo and now it appears (Coach Purcell and Coach Abe) are apparent better coaches. Their teams got better as the season went along, while Kim's teams have gotten worse... She doesn't make any adjustments. Her entire game plan is throw it to Reese, and pray. Michigan has competent players and coaching, that game plan won't work...

Michigan's coach, Kim Barnes Arico, has one of the best basketball coaching minds in the business. I expect her team to be well prepared for LSU.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
So...is Adia Barnes kinda like a coach she was formerly an assistant to, Mike Neighbors? I'm thinking both looked like much better coaches than they actually were thanks to an outstanding guard they enjoyed having on their team.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
I think the SEC was down. But in this down SEC, Iowa would finish around 5th or 6th.

Elite midmajor style ball is still midmajor. Doesn’t travel outside the midwest.
Iowa is 3-0 against SEC teams in the last 4 NCAA tournaments, including dominant wins over Sophie Cunningham's Missouri and Rhyne Howard's Kentucky.

Reaction Score
Georgia thrashed Iowa on the boards and really bothered them defensively.

They did struggle with letting the big girl get looks they didn't have the length to bother.

everyone expected UGA to push Iowa, and they did, which was odd in and of itself.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

Lol this is quite a hot take. SC didn’t exactly throttle Georgia at home either. Not sure why some SC fans feel the need to diminish Clark/Iowa.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
So...is Adia Barnes kinda like a coach she was formerly an assistant to, Mike Neighbors? I'm thinking both looked like much better coaches than they actually were thanks to an outstanding guard they enjoyed having on their team.
Interesting comparison. Both had Cinderella(ish) tournament runs but haven’t accomplished much aside from that. Barnes has done a better job recruiting and appears to have Arizona well set up for the future so we’ll see how it pans out. Neighbors missed the tournament altogether this year and appears to be on a downward trend.

Reaction Score
Lol this is quite a hot take. SC didn’t exactly throttle Georgia at home either. Not sure why some SC fans feel the need to diminish Clark/Iowa.
“Hey, Georgia’s almost keeping it inside double digits” is different than “wow. Will Iowa pull this out or not?”

Iowa’s a really good team that matches up poorly with the teams we play every night. Georgia’s not exceptionally quick, but they were a huge matchup challenge for the Hawkeyes.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
“Hey, Georgia’s almost keeping it inside double digits” is different than “wow. Will Iowa pull this out or not?”

Iowa’s a really good team that matches up poorly with the teams we play every night. Georgia’s not exceptionally quick, but they were a huge matchup challenge for the Hawkeyes.
Georgia also kept it close at home vs. SC until the 4th. They're not chopped liver. Iowa would finish much better than 5th in the SEC.

Reaction Score
Georgia also kept it close at home vs. SC until the 4th. They're not chopped liver. Iowa would finish much better than 5th in the SEC.
Iowa loses at Georgia. Heck, they might have lost with a normal home crowd instead of 119 decibels in the final seconds.

Good news is Iowa’s path is clear to prove everyone wrong.

Reaction Score
4AC8A04A-B020-4568-ADFF-F773F1CEF827.jpeg

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
So after the first round
SEC was 7-1 (MSU had the play-in game)
ACC was 6-2
PAC12 was 5-2
Big10 was 5-2 (Illinois/Purdue both lost in play-in game)
BigEast 3-3 (St.John's won play-in game)
Big12 was 3-3

So far for Round 2
SEC 3-2 with Tennessee on Monday vs. Toledo
ACC 2-0 with Miami (Indiana), Louisville (Texas), Duke (Colorado), NC (Ohio State)
PAC12 1-2 with UCLA (Oklahoma), Colorado (Duke)
Big10 2-1 with Indian (Miami), Ohio State (NC)

Big East (UConn-Baylor/Villanova/FGCU) and Big 12 (Baylor-UConn/Texas-Louisville/Oklahoma-UCLA) have their teams playing Monday.

Matthew1589

Iowa Hawkeye Grad and Fan
Reaction Score
Yo, Iowans. Way to turn out for the Georgia vs. FSU game. Over 14,000 - 96% capacity to watch two teams from 1,000 miles away.

Impressive!
Iowa actually sold out all sessions in 53 minutes when tickets went on sale. The ESPN capacity for NCAA Tournament is wrong, the setup required by the NCAA removed all floor seating except for disabled persons.

Reaction Score
Iowa actually sold out all sessions in 53 minutes when tickets went on sale. The ESPN capacity for NCAA Tournament is wrong, the setup required by the NCAA removed all floor seating except for disabled persons.
I knew something was different. SC sold out the entire lower bowl for their sessions plus yesterday there were a couple hundred upstairs. Listed though, it only had our attendance at under 11,000. They took all of our floor seating also.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Did Iowa sell all of its allotment or were all tickets sold? Tournament games are NCAA games, not Iowa or UConn or South Carolina games. Ticket allotments have to be set aside for each team in the pod. If the team doesn’t sell its allotment the school can buy them and give them away or turn them back in to be sold. It’s almost impossible for every seat to be filled for this reason.

Kudos to Iowa fans for buying up unused tickets. Scalpers love tournaments especially after the first day, after a losing team’s fans dump their tickets

Reaction Score
The SEC is just rolling along. Congrats. My Big Ten... Well, we still got Iowa, Indiana, & Ohio State still in the tournament. Michigan was iffy going into the match up against LSU. Kind of matched the season for Michigan.

Reaction Score
The PAC-12 is down this year. SEC looks tough. Waiting to see how UCONN, Indiana, & Duke perform in their next games. I like to parity thus far.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I don’t know how anyone but a hyperpartisan could watch Georgia and Iowa and see anything but two teams separated by homecourt advantage.
The rule of thumb for home-court advantage is that it's worth about three points. Massey specifically calculates it for each team and comes up with 2.7 for Iowa. Iowa won by eight, so I think it's possible to see something other than just home-court advantage. I'm not suggesting home-court advantage hurt but it's not obvious that it made the difference.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom