Where would you like to see UConn be in football? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Where would you like to see UConn be in football?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Eh, the top 7 recruits are all going to one of Michigan, Clemson or Penn State.

That sounds high enough caliber to me.

UConn was never getting those top tier players, not in 2019, not in 2006. We were getting the next tier down, and that tier was still pretty good in New England and New York. That next tier doesn't exist anymore.

You are arguing for the sake of arguing. Do you really think that recruiting in the northeast will get better as fewer kids play football?

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
2001 Connecticut was a solid state for finding a few high level D1 caliber talents.

2019 Connecticut is not.

What are you talking about? Top 5 CT recruit destinations, past 5 years:

2015: Clemson, UCLA, BC, BC, Penn St
2016: Duke, Stanford, TCU, Wisconsin, Temple
2017: Michigan, Notre Dame, Michigan, Michigan, BC
2018: Alabama, Penn State, Michigan, Nebraska, Wake Forest
2019: Michigan, Penn State, Penn State, Clemson, Michigan,

Granted, most of these kids are at privates. But the idea that there aren't high level DI football players at Connecticut high schools is crazy-go-nuts.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
michigan cleans up recruting these prep kids and sucks out loud...

Reaction Score
UConn was never getting those top tier players, not in 2019, not in 2006. We were getting the next tier down, and that tier was still pretty good in New England and New York. That next tier doesn't exist anymore.

You are arguing for the sake of arguing. Do you really think that recruiting in the northeast will get better as fewer kids play football?

My argument, actually, is kinda the opposite.

There’s never been a recruiting base large enough in the northeast to sustain UConn’s football program.

That’s why we should install the triple option

{yes I hate myself as much as y’all probably hate me, but it really is the conclusion I keep coming back to!}

Reaction Score
My argument, actually, is kinda the opposite.

There’s never been a recruiting base large enough in the northeast to sustain UConn’s football program.

That’s why we should install the triple option

{yes I hate myself as much as y’all probably hate me, but it really is the conclusion I keep coming back to!}

Don't hate yourself, it's not a crazy idea as there is some sound logic behind it. It would be tough to do it as an independent because it would make scheduling even more difficult as coaches would prefer not to have to prepare for it.

It's infuriating that we had a runner like Pindell last year and did not run any pitch option plays. GA State used it on occasion to beat Tennessee. We need to be more creative on offense to overcome our lack of talent. Everything should be on the table.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom